Sponsored

What brand oil filter do you use on your Gladiator?

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 1992 Jeep Cherokee
Only had my Gladiator for 3 months. Haven't dove it a lot. Just wondering what filters everyone are using? Fram, Mopar, K&W. Are the more expensive really better? I used Fram since my 92 Cherokee was new and never had a problem except for a rear main leak. So what are your thought?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Only had my Gladiator for 3 months. Haven't dove it a lot. Just wondering what filters everyone are using? Fram, Mopar, K&W. Are the more expensive really better? I used Fram since my 92 Cherokee was new and never had a problem except for a rear main leak. So what are your thought?
Walmart carries Mopar. I’ll be using that when I can until the warranty expires.

OP
OP
Broncosfan

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are you running Mopar oil too until the warranty is up?

JeepG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Psychologist
Mopar

Sponsored

Sponsored

jeepdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator , 91 Grand Wagoneer, 1964 CJ3B, 1967 Kaiser Jeep M715, two unrestored 1956 Willys Pickups
I will continue to do the same as I did for my last jeep.

Buy a Mopar filter from the dealer every time, and then use the receipt to record miles and date of when the oil/filter was changed, and the oil used. Always used Pennzoil Platinum of the viscosity described in the owners manual.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I got two free oil changes from the dealer, along with the four from Jeep Wave. I'll let the dealer choose the filter until later next year when I have to start paying for it. I have used Baldwin, Fram, and OEM labeled filters with no issues.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using Bosch filters, switched to Mobil 1 filters for my 73, and likely will use Mobil 1 or Bosch for the Jeep once the wave bit is over. Will research the MOPAR filter to see how it stacks up against the synthetic filter material of the Mobil 1 filter.
I also believe I found MOPAR filters made by Wix - there's only a tiny handful of companies that make filters.
If I'm not mistaken the NAPA gold, a respected filter in the classic car world, is made by Wix.

OP
OP
Broncosfan

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to all of you for the great information! I didn't know about the Jeep Wave membership. I never received any info on it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to all of you for the great information! I didn't know about the Jeep Wave membership. I never received any info on it.
My Jeep Wave envelope showed up like two months after I bought the truck.
Sponsored