Sponsored

What can I do to increase speed or horsepower?

TexasCajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
New to modding cars so I am not really sure what can be done to my gladiator if I wanted to increase the speed/horsepower?

Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Supercharger, Turbo, or Hemi or LS swap. The choice is yours, depending on how much you want to spend.

Personally, once mine is paid for, it will be getting a 6.4 Hemi swap. I'm more of an LS fan (I'm not into buying 16 spark plugs at a time), but the Hemi integrates with the Jeep so much easier than the LS does.

Last edited:

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how your rig is set up but if you want more power dont get suckered in to adding 37’s and tons of other heavy af options unless you really intend to use them. Seems to be a trend on here of folks putting 35s/37s on and wondering later if they need to regear to handle the added weight and power loss. Im sure others will disagree but its been my observation.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how your rig is set up but if you want more power dont get suckered in to adding 37’s and tons of other heavy af options unless you really intend to use them. Seems to be a trend on here of folks putting 35s/37s on and wondering later if they need to regear to handle the added weight and power loss. Im sure others will disagree but its been my observation.
These things are weak factory, even with 33's and 4.10's... It's the nature of the beast (V6)...

Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
All 3 of the above posts are 100% correct. Really not much you can safely do on these without big changes.. Intakes and exhaust gain you nothing but sound, and even a tune won't do much. Personally, I'd like to supercharge mine once it's paid off. (edit: If I ever thought I could afford it, that 6.4 would be easily be my top choice.)

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Quick question, has anyone heard or had any experience of a an engine swap or a supercharger addition with a manual transmission? At some point I'd love to make a move like that but I also will always want to stay with rowing my own gears. Does this transmission hold up with added power or, I would assume, to keep a manual you'd have to explore a whole new set up. Thoughts?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question, has anyone heard or had any experience of a an engine swap or a supercharger addition with a manual transmission? At some point I'd love to make a move like that but I also will always want to stay with rowing my own gears. Does this transmission hold up with added power or, I would assume, to keep a manual you'd have to explore a whole new set up. Thoughts?
I think the ProCharger kit can be used with either...But you might have to specify transmission type when ordering, to get the proper tuning.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/procharger/high-output-intercooled-supercharger-system-gladiator-jt-36l

There's some guys on YT that rebuilt a totaled JTR (6-speed manual) and put one of these ProCharger kits on it.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Start with lots and lots of money, throw in a little imagination, find the right mechanic.

I will throw out a tuner, just because I have used them in the past, Livernois Motorsports.
What they claim and back up with dyno charts is spot on.
For the JT you can get a nice little boost for under $1300.
All they do is remap the fueling and shift points and use what is available in the stock set up.
If you want more than 50 or so HP, then open the bank vault because the next $$ step is HUGE.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
New to nodding cars so I am not really sure what can be done to my gladiator if I wanted to increase the speed/horsepower?
I have been looking at the Superchips Pulsar. Their blurbs say 30 HP and 27 FT-LB gains. However, their graph (which is not very clear) shows the maximum gains in the 4200-6200 RPM range. The gains in the 3000-4000 RPM range are very modest; about 10 HP and FT-LB. Not sure it is worth it.

Has anyone tried it?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If these things were meant to go fast....they wouldn't be shaped like a brick !
I don't care about running over 100 MPH (in a Jeep), I just want to get from 0-100 in a 1/2 a second. :devil: :rock:

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you are going the cheaper route and do not want to do a full powertrain swap there are a few options.

Regearing is one option but I would only recommend the use of that if you are going bigger tires.

the best option I would say is to get the SuperChips Pulsar! unbelievable amounts of power in just a simple tune of shift points and throttle response. We got ours in our Gladiator and have been extremely happy with it. I can go from economy mode which actually somehow gets me 2-3 more MPGs to Performance mode on the fly and from there the Jeep feels like a Mercedes AMG with that mode change and how much of a difference you can feel.

By no means is this a Mercedes AMG speed and performance-wise. A Jeep will always be a Jeep in that category. The Pulsar from Superships simply throws you in the back of the seat and brings out the smile. All CARB-legal as well, no modification needed. Easy bolt on.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Livernois Motorsports.
What they claim and back up with dyno charts is spot on.
For the JT you can get a nice little boost for under $1300.
OK, based on your post, I checked out the Livernois tuner. It shows greater HP and FT-LB gains than the Pulsar; what's more the gains are in the 2000-4500 RPM range, which is way better than what Pulsar does (4200-6200 RPM).

But I see a price of only $500, not $1300.
Sponsored