Sponsored

What cleaning and detailing products do you use?

Redcomet17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Curious to know which products to y’all use when cleaning your gladiators
Sponsored

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I only use Adams products. I use to detail cars and boats back in the day and love Adams products. I use the 2 bucket system to hand wash and if the Jeep is covered in dirt from the trails or loaded up with bugs I use a pressure washer rinse followed up by Adams foam cannon then the 2 bucket hand wash. Every product from Adams has beat my expectations. The customer service is always A+. There are other companies that have similar products but I am loyal and would back up Adams forever....or until they sell out. I have ceramic sealed my last 3 vehicles with their product and use the ceramic booster every other wash and usually get 3 years of protection out of it. Before I do the ceramic coat I buff the vehicle with Adams 3 stage products to remove all swirls and blemishes and have had amazing results. Getting ready to ceramic coat the Jeep in July and add Adams plastic protector on the fenders and freedom top. It is a lot of money up front but cheaper in the long run and the quality of doing yourself is better than any car wash/detailer. Just my .02 but hope that helps.

DE70842C-50BF-48A4-8C5F-1D79CB802F52.jpeg

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
There isn't a "best", really depends on the amount of time you're willing to put in and the color of the car.

With that said I use (currently):

Meguiars Ultra Polishing Wax topped with Jescar Powerlock Sealant

McKees N914 rinseless wash diluted as QD spray/waterless wash for quick wipedowns and drying aid, and use it as a true rinseless as well and on the windows diluted with distilled water

Beadmaker after washes

Tuff Shine tire cleaner dressed with Zaino perfect tire

P&S interior cleaners, zaino leather in a bottle (love the smell) and 303 on interior

Rag company microfibers

Jeep Gladiator What cleaning and detailing products do you use? 20191206_141452

And since white is so hard to tell on

Jeep Gladiator What cleaning and detailing products do you use? 20200611_163704

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Turtle Wax hybrid Ceramic spray coating.
I

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
From about Dec 2019 to July 2020 I never washed my Jeep and ran it pretty much looking like this.

Jeep Gladiator What cleaning and detailing products do you use? 6692C494-DBBA-4F79-982D-D14D240664D1

Then I decided to get it ceramic coated after hearing about how easy it is to clean afterwards. I admit, there was a certain bit of charm driving around with my Gladiator caked with dirt and mud for months like it was. I live in a part of Vancouver where not many Jeeps or 4x4 capable vehicles ever see dirt. As well, people seem to give me a wider birth of space when covered in dirt like it was.

Now that being all said...I figured it would be a good time to maintain the paint while also making it easier to wash. As stated above ceramic coating it was...

So my method of washing...

Sun Joe Power washer. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00CPGMUXW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Jeep Gladiator What cleaning and detailing products do you use? 25B628CD-8762-41CF-8B8E-1600BE3D653A

MATTC Foam Cannon III https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TX6BSCG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdo_t1_OwHjFbJQ7Q4MD

Jeep Gladiator What cleaning and detailing products do you use? 2B26D453-C9EE-49F9-A70D-D02235CC27FA

And lastly which I just picked up today is a leaf blower. On researching the best one to get for the purpose of drying ones vehicle, it’s best to have a higher CFM followed by MPH specification. I went with the Toro PowerJet F700 https://www.homedepot.ca/product/to...-amp-electric-handheld-leaf-blower/1001128223

Jeep Gladiator What cleaning and detailing products do you use? 56670C48-24EF-46F7-B81E-434183AC8CBD

So that is my method of washing. Power wash rinse, foam and then blower to dry. If I have to wash mitt then I do for areas that need it. I’m pretty lazy to be honest when it comes to spending a ton of time washing...some people enjoy it, is rather just get it done quickly and efficiently with good results.

One last note about ceramic coating...I took it out last week in an area where we had to do a bit of trail pruning to get through. I was warned by the ceramic detailer who applied my coating that it DOES NOT protect against pin stripping. Hence why I was so paranoid about brushing up against tree branches etc. Well...we pruned extensively to get through some of the trails we were on. Truck was very dusty and imagine my horror and shock when we were off the trail and I was airing back up the pin stripping all along the passenger side. I mean it looked really bad. As bad as my previous JK’s had but this was also through layers of dirt and dust.

I couldn’t even wait to wash it myself. I went directly to a touchless wash and to my surprise, there was no visible scratches that I totally expected to see. It was so extensive I wish I had taken photos to show the before and after wash. I wouldn’t have believed it myself if someone told me it offered a bit of protection against pin stripping. That said...I would never ever suggest that ceramic coating does offer trail pin stripe protection. I don’t even think I’d risk testing it out again.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
This is my Jeep after washing, and two ceramic coats. It's just a week old. It wasn't dirty, but I want it protected early on. Well obviously pict6 don't really do justice, but it feels smooth as glass. Rain is afraid of it!
Jeep Gladiator What cleaning and detailing products do you use? 20200801_200745

Jeep Gladiator What cleaning and detailing products do you use? 20200801_203423

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Powerwash, foam, and dry via an air blower. I like it - its simplicity & efficiency.

I barely got my Gladiator. Do you need to take any precautions about washing? Any specific parts you're not suppose to get wet (like the fenders where the engine is partially visible)? (It's a remedial question, but I admit I'm a newb - new to the Jeep world, so please excuse my stupid question)

Sponsored

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Powerwash, foam, and dry via an air blower. I like it - its simplicity & efficiency.

I barely got my Gladiator. Do you need to take any precautions about washing? Any specific parts you're not suppose to get wet (like the fenders where the engine is partially visible)? (It's a remedial question, but I admit I'm a newb - new to the Jeep world, so please excuse my stupid question)
I had a teacher back in the day that always said the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask. You really shouldn’t be able to hurt anything from doing an exterior wash...now if you do a full detail and open the hood and clean the engine bay, avoid battery terminals, alternator and make sure your engine is cool.

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I had a teacher back in the day that always said the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask. You really shouldn’t be able to hurt anything from doing an exterior wash...now if you do a full detail and open the hood and clean the engine bay, avoid battery terminals, alternator and make sure your engine is cool.
Thank you, Bunchahoopla! And also, thank you for being understanding; I appreciate it.
Sponsored