Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
  • Banned
Watch some YouTube videos and I am stumped on this? Is it the sting ray or the bullet? It doesnt look like either? It looks like the toyota cement color to me?
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Watch some YouTube videos and I am stumped on this? Is it the sting ray or the bullet? It doesnt look like either? It looks like the toyota cement color to me?

Sting-Gray

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Does the sting gray take on lighter color depending on lighting?
Hard to answer as I think that is more of an opinion question. I would say most colors change a bit depending on the lighting, but how much is significant or would constitute appearing lighter is discretionary. I would say try to see it in person. Our local dealer has several Sting-Gray JLs on the lot.

To me what makes Sting-Gray unique is that although it has a gloss finish it almost appears as a flat finish at times. There is no metallic or "sparkles" in the paint.

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
  • Banned
Hard to answer as I think that is more of an opinion question. I would say most colors change a bit depending on the lighting, but how much is significant or would constitute appearing lighter is discretionary. I would say try to see it in person. Our local dealer has several Sting-Gray JLs on the lot.

To me what makes Sting-Gray unique is that although it has a gloss finish it almost appears as a flat finish at times. There is no metallic or "sparkles" in the paint.
, I did see it in person and took a picture of my daughter sitting in it and to me and my wife it looks way lighter in the video. Perhaps it is the finish plus the video not projecting the exact color on my phone or tv the same.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
, I did see it in person and took a picture of my daughter sitting in it and to me and my wife it looks way lighter in the video. Perhaps it is the finish plus the video not projecting the exact color on my phone or tv the same.
The video is also showing you out under artificial light. Natural light compared to show convention lighting can make a HUGE difference. Light color makes a big difference in perceived color.
Sponsored