First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Glad_colors.jpg

My son asked me what color is the most popular among Gladiator owners (or future owners). I didn't know the answer, so I thought this might be an interesting survey.
I think the votes will be skewed some due to the way they released the colors. Naturally black/silver/red/white will top the lsit because they were released first. Orange and hydro will be small in numbers because they just came out....
Sponsored

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I thought there would've been more sting gray since it's the best one ;) but glad it's not too popular
Initially, I was leaning towards Sting Gray. It's a killer color! But the more I researched, I realized how many of these colors were available in other Jeep vehicles. I wanted something that was unique to the JT. Which is why I landed on my second favorite... Gator! And I'm loving the way it looks!

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Initially, I was leaning towards Sting Gray. It's a killer color! But the more I researched, I realized how many of these colors were available in other Jeep vehicles. I wanted something that was unique to the JT. Which is why I landed on my second favorite... Gator! And I'm loving the way it looks!
Gator is a great color as well, if I was more patient I woulda waited to see Gobi and Gator in person.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surely there's more than 174 of us on here. If you haven't participated in the poll, please do.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
for me it makes sense that red is at the top - when you go to a dealership that seems to be the color on display in the showroom - you can't miss it, you can't ignore it. There it is and it's big and it's impressive. Like red or not, when standing up there tall and large in a room, well.......
We've had so many red vehicles my wife wants anything but red these days.
Her rule is - no black, no silver, no gray, no white, no "blah" colors, red a last resort.
With Ford, Chevy and Dodge, that pretty much means no truck LOL

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
197 total votes. Who hasn't weighed in?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
197 total votes. Who hasn't weighed in?
Not sure what color it is today - it's in the build process........... hopefully it's blue but not sure..........
I'm blue because it's not here yet HAHAHA

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
for me it makes sense that red is at the top - when you go to a dealership that seems to be the color on display in the showroom - you can't miss it, you can't ignore it. There it is and it's big and it's impressive. Like red or not, when standing up there tall and large in a room, well.......
We've had so many red vehicles my wife wants anything but red these days.
Her rule is - no black, no silver, no gray, no white, no "blah" colors, red a last resort.
With Ford, Chevy and Dodge, that pretty much means no truck LOL
I've eliminated red from my rotation as well. I've only had 2 red vehicles. A chevy pickup that got rear-ended twice, and a Lancer evolution that i totaled because a teen driver ran a stop sign....not much luck with red vehicles here.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've eliminated red from my rotation as well. I've only had 2 red vehicles. A chevy pickup that got rear-ended twice, and a Lancer evolution that i totaled because a teen driver ran a stop sign....not much luck with red vehicles here.
People tell me "buy a red one, it's safer, less likely to be hit". HAHAHA, LOL - uh, no. My 95 F250 4x4 was .......... RED.
Got backed into, another time a women on the right lane while I was in the left beside her changed lanes right into me - she had to see that big impressive RED 4x4 next to her little white Hyundai... rippled the entire side of her car. Another time a person merged onto the interstate almost right into me while I was towing my RED IH F20 tractor behind my RED 4x4 pickup....... naw, red doesn't matter.

I don't mind red, I just want something different. Besides, I already have a beautiful red 4x4 .......... oriental red is the color. And my 73 Javelin is a sort of deep red in a way, so I don't need another red vehicle. I like it, but..........

I have a red sort of Jeep - the father to the Jeep unibody Cherokee, and with a Jeep engine, the mighty 4.0 engine, T5 transmission, New Process 219 transfer case. It now even has black YJ door handles! It's truly the father to the modern unibody Jeep.
And it's a RED SPORT model.

sx4-at-amo-2.jpg

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
ALso remember that only 4 colors were originally released. Some wont be released for awhile. For years the go-to was black for Rubi's. But now with all the color options it's a toss-up as they are all going to be sold no matter what color.

Campo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Mustang GT, 2020 Sting Grey JT (being built)
Or is sting gray really Destroyer;):CWL:
Either way a great color, I was going to order CGM but my wife likes this color better which made writing the check easier. I have had it a week now and absolutely love the color!

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I expected black to be more prevalent than our poll seems to suggest.