Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That is one beautiful truck you got there! I love the all blue everything!
Thanks - I do, too. I figured with the tonneau being black, the running boards (even if I change to something else later), the fender trims, wheels and bumpers - it's a good contrast.
That was my wife's doing. She insisted - no black roof, no black fenders.
Seeing it in photos and having had it for a week now I have to agree with her.
But then she's the quilter and decides on colors and combinations all the time. I just fix broken things.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The color match roof and fenders look AMAZING in the Hydro Blue!
Thanks - I didn't realize until I saw the color matched roof and fenders how much I'd like it. I have my wife to thank for that - she INSISTED. No truck unless they matched.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Thanks - I didn't realize until I saw the color matched roof and fenders how much I'd like it. I have my wife to thank for that - she INSISTED. No truck unless they matched.
Funny, my wife is the exact opposite. She wants the black roof and fenders. Happy wife, happy life!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, my wife is the exact opposite. She wants the black roof and fenders. Happy wife, happy life!
Yeah, we walked in and she told them "I want a purple one. Get me a purple one and I'll write you a check right now, no bargaining".

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Yeah, we walked in and she told them "I want a purple one. Get me a purple one and I'll write you a check right now, no bargaining".
I'm sure there will be a Plum Crazy JT at some point; then you can get your wife her own!

(this one is wrapped):

63cd9f77eba10279123b0f86761e5f8f.jpg

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I still canā€™t make up my mind so Iā€™m glad the diesel isnā€™t available just yet.

At the moment Iā€™m most interested in the Tesla truck release tonight

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Interested to see that Sting Gray is #2 on the list, but I have never seen one in person (aside from mine).

I think every single one that I've seen is either red, black, or white.

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
I am very close to ordering.. Leaning toward sting gray Rubicon, black fenders and black top..

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure there will be a Plum Crazy JT at some point; then you can get your wife her own!

(this one is wrapped):

63cd9f77eba10279123b0f86761e5f8f.jpg
LOL - that's great. She likes mine so much -and knows how much I like it, and the MPG is good and all she's already suggested selling the 2004 WJ I bought from Dad's estate and use this JT as my main vehicle.
We ran all kinds of errands today - power was out because we were having the breaker box totally replaced and boy is that a job. With power for me shop, garage and an all electric house the NEW panel is FULL. So we ran to town ran errands and ate out, etc. - came back home and decided there was a sale on Christmas decorations she wanted at Menards and the local grocery store was having a sale on butter (she uses for her apple pie crusts and she makes a dozen or more each fall) so back to town! Put a lot of miles on, a whole lot of stops as a lot of stores, and still got home with 19.7 mpg average with about 150 miles on this tank already. So she suggested I sell another vehicle - Dad's WJ.
I think she's impressed with this thing. And she loves the color.
Oh, nearly forgot - went to a different dealership that was closer to where we live to buy splash guards (one of our errands today). While parked out front people were looking it over and when we came back out my wife heard one of the sales staff comment he really liked the color of our truck. People seem to like the body color roof on the blue and the dealers/sales people say so.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any newbies that haven't participated yet?

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Any newbies that haven't participated yet?
I have been lurking for a while, just officially joined the forum recently. I love the wealth of information from all of you here. I donā€™t have my Gladiator yet as Iā€™m still trying to find a way to fund it. Undecided on trim level and color. Leaning towards billet silver or Hydro blue. Only Jeep Iā€™ve owned was a black ā€˜96 XJ, wish I had kept it. Anyway, thanks for having me

Last edited:
OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have been lurking for a while, just officially joined the forum recently. I love the wealth of information from all of you here. I donā€™t have my Gladiator yet as Iā€™m still trying to find a way to fund it. Undecided on trim level and color. Leaning towards billet silver and Hydro blue. Only Jeep Iā€™ve owned was a black ā€˜96 XJ, wish I had kept it. Anyway, thanks for having me
Welcome! Enjoy your stay!
Sponsored