What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Installed a Bestop Sunrider (love it), Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro shocks (fantastic value, hugely robust and perform brilliantly on and off road (definitely worth checking out for a cost-effective alternative to the mainstream)) and a tow hitch.

Then went off-roading.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1270213
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1270213
Very interesting shock design.
I may move them to the top of my list for the Mojave when the OE Fox's get close to their end of life.

GobiGuy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Widow
Installed a Bestop Sunrider (love it), Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro shocks (fantastic value, hugely robust and perform brilliantly on and off road (definitely worth checking out for a cost-effective alternative to the mainstream)) and a tow hitch.

Then went off-roading.
The Bestop Sunrider for hardtop is a great addition. We love our’s!

Sponsored

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've had mine for a while, close to a year I think.

Here's some thoughts that might help:
1. I wish it was cheaper but you really are paying for the GPS/Sat functionality over the iPad. I have been out in the middle of the Moab backcountry using it to plot routes on the fly. I love that I don't have to plan everything out while I'm still in WiFi/cell coverage.​
2. Agree that the Express software is sketchy. I never use it. There is no need to ever connect to it as you can download updates without it. Now the website functionality is a nice feature. If you do the location share with others, they can go onto the website and see your location/progress of your track. It's a great peace of mind for my wife to be able to see I'm still moving or if stopped, can text through device to find out my status.​
3. I have found that if you just push down on the top release button, even if the Garmin is not on the mount, then it finds a "neutral" position and doesn't rattle anymore.​
4. A cover would have been nice, agreed. I did by a screen protector for it off Amazon:​
I also then bought a 5.11 soft-sided single pistol case which fits perfectly, is padded and is probably a better case than Garmin would sell.​
5. Get an iPhone...LOL I use the I Phone with the Tread app and haven't ever had an issue with it.​
Cheers​
I've had mine for a while, close to a year I think.

Here's some thoughts that might help:
1. I wish it was cheaper but you really are paying for the GPS/Sat functionality over the iPad. I have been out in the middle of the Moab backcountry using it to plot routes on the fly. I love that I don't have to plan everything out while I'm still in WiFi/cell coverage.​
2. Agree that the Express software is sketchy. I never use it. There is no need to ever connect to it as you can download updates without it. Now the website functionality is a nice feature. If you do the location share with others, they can go onto the website and see your location/progress of your track. It's a great peace of mind for my wife to be able to see I'm still moving or if stopped, can text through device to find out my status.​
3. I have found that if you just push down on the top release button, even if the Garmin is not on the mount, then it finds a "neutral" position and doesn't rattle anymore.​
4. A cover would have been nice, agreed. I did by a screen protector for it off Amazon:​
I also then bought a 5.11 soft-sided single pistol case which fits perfectly, is padded and is probably a better case than Garmin would sell.​
5. Get an iPhone...LOL I use the I Phone with the Tread app and haven't ever had an issue with it.​
Cheers​
Thanks for the information. There aren’t a lot of folks with this so it’s good to hear from someone who’s got some field experience with it. I ended up using the bag that some UF-Pro knee pads came in as a protective pouch. I highly recommend UF-Pro’s tactical pants for off-roading/camping, hiking or range day. As for number 5, I’m referring to the OS of the Garmin. It’s Android 10. It’s a good thing in that Android is proven, supported, you can add apps, etc. But I find the interface a little laggy, and auto-rotate stopped working. Garmin was actually going to replace the unit, but after a few hard resets, it started working again. I’ve paired it with my iPhone and that app works fine. Although, I can’t upload/sync my MABDR gpx files from the phone. I had to use the SD card to get them onto the unit.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester

Then went off-roading.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7E9FECBA-CD86-4B6E-8C83-1336FB0F7BA0
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7E9FECBA-CD86-4B6E-8C83-1336FB0F7BA0
What cap is that. Looks pretty cool!

I may move them to the top of my list for the Mojave when the OE Fox's get close to their end of life.

I love videos like this - it's the details!

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
Installed the Tazer ahead of this week's regearing. Updated the tire size, turned off the TPMS light, and turned on OffRoad Pages... Didn't play with it for long.

Rugged Ridge locking hood latches. Good fit, love that my hood now locks and it made me realize my rock guard/bug shield was ever so slightly off centered, had to trim at it to get one latch to fit right and close/open well. Buyer's remorse on these, think if I had to do it again, I'd just get a bolt lock for the grill and keep the original latches. Security wise, probably about the same either way, just these are more trouble to open/close the latches quickly if needed.

Removed the front inner fenders prepping for a fender swap next week, to the RR Max Terrain fenders.
I really should take some pictures as I do this stuff...

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Messing around with the RGB light light system, trying to figure out where I want to put the lights. I got it with their single zone aluminum Bluetooth controller. I live the lights and aluminum box. The Bluetooth part is useless since the app can't be downloaded on my phone (it is for an older android version).

I have them hard wired for these colors, right now as I mess with it. Sorry for slanted picture...tried to keep my messy garage out of the
20230319_082348.jpg
camera frame lol

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing super exciting. I borrowed a friend’s f350 work truck to use as an anchor to pretension my new winch line. It needed to get done. 28 days until Utah.

Sponsored

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link
What cap is that. Looks pretty cool!

I love videos like this - it's the details!
The cap I had made locally, all aluminium with power and light. All in it was about $1600 but labour here (Qatar) is cheaper. Quality wise it's very good and the guys who built it do a lot of overland and dune bashing rigs.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20221026_165421
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20221109_163319
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20221110_085729

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link

Mine are comfort valved and I think about right, the performance or professional may be a little too hard.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Mine are comfort valved and I think about right, the performance or professional may be a little too hard.
How heavy is your rig? Springs? People seem to like firm shocks when their rigs get heavier, I’m curious what you’re running.
Sponsored