Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My 22 Mojave with leather doesn't have the bolt holes either.
I had to check mine, but my ‘21 Rubicon does have them. Leather, if that matters.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed when I stand on the power step getting in and out of my truck, it flexes a lot. I can see the whole thing twist. I can understand the front tending to flex since there's no body bolt securing the front end against my weight, but even in the middle it flexed a lot.
I crawled under, loosened the bracket to step bolts and the two body bolts and tried the lock nuts securing the steps to the rocker pinch weld area and found I could get another half turn out of them, and tightened the other bolts back up. Still a lot of flex compared to the right side.
After seeing how things took a set and the nuts could be tightened further, I plan on loosening the right side body bolts and bracket bolts and seeing if the nuts need further tightening on that side.
Then - I plan on revisiting the steps on the Wrangler..............

I also did more sealing of the wiring harness entry points through the floor and finally used -
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1679973194567

- on the bottom.

I had used aluminum tape on the top side - where the wires came through I filled the grommet holes with auto body seam sealer, then aluminum tape over the grommet and that area of the floor. It holds the wires down and in place and should help seal.
Wish I had done that with the Wrangler but didn't think of that on that Jeep.
I'm more likely to go through water and crappy stuff than she is anyway, but still - I think I'll revisit some of the sealing on the Wrangler.

I'm getting to like the stance since the Synergy springs went up front and lifted it a bit, and really like the looks with the RSE steps in place.
It's sitting about 1.5" higher than stock in front and .75" higher in the rear with the spacers.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230327_202315425

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230327_202327974

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230327_202347194

Last edited:

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
My 22 Mojave with leather doesn't have the bolt holes either.
That's weird. My 22 Mojave with leather does have the bolts out in the open

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_9529.JPG

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
Managed to break a bolt, and then the extractor bit off in the factory holes for the rail system in the bed. Dammit.
Yikes... rough day. Hope tomorrow is more successful.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Finally stopped procrastinating and put my Clayton rear track bar in so I could throw the spare down there. It’s been sitting in the bed taking up space for the last 10k miles 😂
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7385ED18-1DD5-4A9D-806B-63D92A09AC68

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Well after all the crazy talks of vehicles being stolen, and some local suspects getting into a shootout, and some thugs trying to steel federal property in broad daylight, I decided to put these on.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1ACA5E91-E32E-40C6-894B-CEBB0AC2F895

Batlou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Finally retired the Yeti 65 with slide out for a Iceco VL75Pro. Trying to decide now how to build out the back. Thinking of building either a slide and single drawer or dual drawers with the fridge on top mounted to a tilting slide.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2944.JPEG

Sponsored

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Gator
Occupation
Coder
Finally stopped procrastinating and put my Clayton rear track bar in so I could throw the spare down there. It’s been sitting in the bed taking up space for the last 10k miles 😂
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2944.JPEG
37" tire? How beefy is it compared to the stock one?
Sponsored