What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
I am paranoid about dragging my rear end so I got this Warfab Sheridan hitch skid. Seems to have good coverage, is pretty beefy and includes a d-ring mount.
Agreed on dragging the rear.. I went with the Body Armour Backbone. Noticed a bit of rattle so I also added an anti-rattle stabilizer. I like the idea of saving the back bumper from some light taps.
I still have to get the ends of the bolts cut off, but they at least don't interfere with the use of the step.
https://www.bodyarmor4x4.com/product/backbone/

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Image

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1165

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] hitch guard
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
(Edit, it’s a triple combo day! USPS, UPS and FedEx.)

UPS:

I am paranoid about dragging my rear end so I got this Warfab Sheridan hitch skid. Seems to have good coverage, is pretty beefy and includes a d-ring mount.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] hitch guard

FedEx:

Bed Mat. Not sure if I wanna bedline or not so this will protect it for a bit.

USPS:

67 Designs driver mount. Just installed the base. Will wait the recommend 24 hours for the VHB to do its thing.

Pretty much the new Gladiator Starter Pack, level complete. Three fold bed cover will be here Monday
I really like that hitch skid - and the mount, I wonder......... looks like I may have more shopping to do.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Took the top off for the first time

Easy, wasn't it. I was impressed when I did mine. Off and on in minutes.

Now for the doors - learn up on taking those off..

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Spent the night outside of Taos, caught in a hail storm. Tent works great, LOVE THIS TRUCK.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 366D4228-5E8A-499F-B711-46B94FCA421A
If I had a tent like that I could save a couple hundred bucks each fall on hotels for the September car show/swap meet.

Comicnut25

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Awesome

Too easy. Compared to my JK ... night and day

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Wow, I just did some google on those and I see bags for fronts at a bit over 100, then bags for rears - 200. That's over 300 for front and rear door bags! Ouch.

For the top, I hoist it up and leave it hanging, I can drive my cars clean through the garage under the top hanging there.
The truck will just clear now, if I did a lift, likely won't clear but I can't see driving the truck clear through the garage anyway. I back it up a bit further than where normally parked, lift the top off, then when I park it I stop about 3 or 4" forward of the top.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200804_202937382
Yeah, the bags weren't cheap but well worth it in my opinion. Nice! Thats not aweful...still very functional!

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Too easy. Compared to my JK ... night and day
Its almost exactly the same as the JK. Maybe an extra bolt or two a little less awkward.

Maybe its just me....I have thought all my Jeeps were super simple in terms of taking the top off.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
How was the trip and trails? I am thinking of doing a weekend trip there soon.
Amazing, relaxing, and challenging. All packed into 2 days of beautiful wooded trails. I highly recommend you go. Just when you get a little bored, another rock climb or descend pops up and requires you to get out and scout your line. All of the water fording is 24" with rock bottom. 1 nasty clay rutted section, but you are plenty big enough to get through. We were solo on 35's and didn't feel like getting out in the mud for winching, so turned around. Marble Head Steps was a great challenge, I wouldn't do it without spotters though. Great trip and I will do it again. Worth my 5.5hr drive. Probably 6.5+ for you. I have a bunch of pictures posted in previous "WITH" posts. Plenty more if you want