Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
Looks good! I see some money to be made in your bed!
Thanks! And that is the hope that I can make a little dent in what it cost for the new wheels and tires.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Thanks! And that is the hope that I can make a little dent in what it cost for the new wheels and tires.
I am sure you will. I sold mine at the dealer when I picked up my Jeep for $750.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! I see some money to be made in your bed!
Yeah, but buyer beware - anyone buying Overland wheels believing they can use one as a spare to match what's on the truck - no can do.
All JT spare tires are 17" - Overland rims are 18"
Can't put a spare tire on an overland rim.
But if someone has a Sport and likes the Overland wheels - and they DO look nice, there ya go.

busglad

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator-Overland (Billet Silver)
Occupation
US Federal Government Sr. Manager
Nice touch on the custom paint match on the wheels man, I really like it!
I have an Overland - where'd you get the light bar for the stock bumper?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
"Film at 11" - no, not really, but pics later - I got the spiderwebshade put on the truck today. Not a bad job at all.
The worst part was that those wipers really stick to the shafts with that knurled taper they use. I had to use a battery terminal puller to get mine loose.
I also love how the "book" calls those BOLTS - LOL - really, the tech writer didn't know they were nuts, apparently. I knew they were nuts before I even popped the caps off but got a kick out of the book calling them bolts (no way you'd want a bolt in there - and nuts were used in the distant past on other vehicles)
Put tape around the legs of the battery terminal puller and got the wipers off, dropped the windshield, then the fun was keeping those front shade straps out of the way of the windshield bolt boss areas. Definitely make sure those don't move on you and get pinched when putting the windshield back up. You position those and then don't move the shade at all, put the windshield back up and the bolts back in, then do the rest and it's easy.
They furnish a TORX 25 bit that you can use in the factory supplied little ratchet, but why? Use a Torx 25 screwdriver for the remaining parts of the install instead. Takes time off the install. Those are trim screws they use, you don't need more than a screwdriver. It's nice that they furnish that, maybe not everyone has decades of tools sitting around, but when I saw where they put the spools for the other cords, I instantly thought screwdriver. I dropped their bit into the console just in case some future day I'd need it.
The blue is a decent match to the truck.
It will be interesting to see how much the shade interferes with the panels as you'll have to reach around the stretched shade to get to the panel handles which will sit above the shade.
Pics later - they are on my phone, I'm in my shop on a little chromebook and getting pics from my phone to that device is a pain.

BabblingBafoon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales Management
Perfect! Following along now... I didn't even realize you were also the one who created the awesome DIY doors & roof cart that I now want to do myself! I just need to figure out how to make the cart a little more off-road-ready so I can get it around to the back of my house through some grass. Thanks for sharing what you are doing!

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
Installed the M.O.R.E. Dead pedal which was fun and finally took delivery of the Fishbone Tackle Rack. Got a hitch Mount bed extender to allow me to pick up my new Kayak Friday.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9EDD0832-7322-4E0E-9EC4-D4227316508E

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9EDD0832-7322-4E0E-9EC4-D4227316508E

Love the rack, was pretty straightforward to install but had some issues with the nuts not fully tying down. Sent a message to Fishbone, see if it's me or the nuts. Had to add some extra washers in the meantime.
Very much this... I just installed the rack last weekend and had 5 that wouldn’t tighten. Got a breaker bar to work on two of them, but not the last 3. Unfortunately the remaining 3 wouldn’t come off... I think the threads by the neck of the bolt are bad, so I had to take a hacksaw to 3 of them, PITA.i added 3 longer bolts I had left over( I have trail rails) and added a locking washer to the mix and that worked... but was pretty annoyed at that. I need to write them as well.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Tuffy console safe and seat feet covers.
I drilled a hole in the parking break well and pulled the phone cable through. Credit goes to another forum member, i just stole the idea.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 493B6816-7B2F-4193-ADC8-9E4624187587
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 229F0BBE-8A28-46B4-BF3D-F205A67601E7
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] FD81E567-17C0-4808-885A-1C761F5FDD76
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1E833E8A-B766-44C0-A2D3-06FF1B527471
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] EA9CB985-20E0-4AD6-8249-0A89A5BE0BB9

Mavik

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I started some leather work for the interior. I got the center console cover done and one of the handles. I plan to finish all the small handles, wrap the large one on the passenger side and possibly do some headrest covers. Sorry about the quality of the photos.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200807_193130
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200807_193334
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200806_144704_344
Sponsored