First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Put the Gobi rack on yesterday. Ladders won't fit with the softopper, but I knew that would probably be the case going in.
Now to put the tent on... Really wish i had a taller garage.

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg
I saw an almost identical truck to yours yesterday but it had a ladder and I was wondering what kind of rack it was. Iā€™m really digging it as I never take my roof off anyway.
Sponsored

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Nice attention to detail. I suspect it will also help prevent splash up on the headlights and grill. Iā€™ll have to check this out on mine!

for sure it will help with splash up. i also added the back covers from the mojave bumper to protect the fog lights to this Rubi bumper since its wide open. Ill deal with Atheistic and looks next year.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Inside back bumper cover PR
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Inside back bumper cover DR

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I dry fitted a bumper I was given from the JL forum. Wanted to make sure everything fit before having it powder coated to match the orange Mojave hooks. The guy that gave it to me said he could not get it to fit his JL.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4729

alwhite

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
I saw an almost identical truck to yours yesterday but it had a ladder and I was wondering what kind of rack it was. Iā€™m really digging it as I never take my roof off anyway.
Freedom tops are still easily taken off, and if i ever took the back off(never do) There are quick release brackets that tilt the entire rack bacwards.

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
Maybe this is more of a "for" than a "to", as it was a part I made to go in the truck - well, not in the truck, ok, yeah, it's inside the truck, but in the phone holder. Oh, here's the pic, you'll see.
I didn't want to drill into the dash any place to hang the plow hand-held controller, didn't like tossing it across the cup holders. It will be unplugged and out of the truck 99% of the time, but when I need it connected and in the truck, I wanted a place it could reside out of the way, but still handy.
So I made an acrylic piece to attach the plow controller to that will go into my dash mounted phone holder and I can slip the plow controller where I might have a phone (although I don't have a phone in the holder most of the time)

Clip this into the phone holder, slide the controller into the black holder, there ya go.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4729

Nice idea. The handheld controller actually fits and tucks in nicely between the drivers seat and the center console. I leave mine there year round.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Got my chase lights set up...... harvested them from my Tahoe. White SSC1s with red back lighting.

PXL_20221014_221814049.jpg

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Dual battery kit arrived. Planning on completely rewiring everything with 12ga as part of this. Seems like I had some overheating issues.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20221014_221814049
Just so you know.. After having run down issues with the truck sitting for 2 weeks at a time.. I discovered that the smaller batteries do not hold as much charge as the larger stock battery.. Mine would drop down to 6 volts after sitting 2 weeks. Reason for this was 1. residual drain from the Jeep itself. 2. Per Genesis, the control unit on top also has a residual drain just sitting there.
Also after speaking with them on the phone about the boost button not working, they informed me that if the charge on the main battery drops lower than 9 volts the solenoid won't work to jump the start battery so that negates the boost button all together.. His recommendation to fix this is to get a manual disconnect to separate the batteries from the truck, or to add an external battery in parallel to the start battery for more reserve.

Not happy with this unit so far.. especially for the price.

I heard the Gen 3 version is better but I'm not paying another $500 for something that should have been fixed to start with.. IMO

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
When my JT sits more than a week, I hook it up to a battery tender. 1.5 years later no battery issues, yet. Highly encourage this procedure to anyone that lets the JT sit for more than a week to avoid expensive problems.

Sponsored

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just so you know.. After having run down issues with the truck sitting for 2 weeks at a time.. I discovered that the smaller batteries do not hold as much charge as the larger stock battery.. Mine would drop down to 6 volts after sitting 2 weeks. Reason for this was 1. residual drain from the Jeep itself. 2. Per Genesis, the control unit on top also has a residual drain just sitting there.
Also after speaking with them on the phone about the boost button not working, they informed me that if the charge on the main battery drops lower than 9 volts the solenoid won't work to jump the start battery so that negates the boost button all together.. His recommendation to fix this is to get a manual disconnect to separate the batteries from the truck, or to add an external battery in parallel to the start battery for more reserve.

Not happy with this unit so far.. especially for the price.

I heard the Gen 3 version is better but I'm not paying another $500 for something that should have been fixed to start with.. IMO
Fricken ugh. And did the Gen 3 just come out? I didnā€™t see that before. Literally just got this 3 weeks ago.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Rubicon fenders on my Willys. Hard to find paint matched ones.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C1CEC6E2-14ED-4B6D-8F0A-643E79B25D6C

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C1CEC6E2-14ED-4B6D-8F0A-643E79B25D6C
Did you do front and rear or just front? I havenā€™t paid attention prior to know if thereā€™s a difference in the rear fenders.
Sponsored