First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Installed and removed Go Rhino RB20 sidesteps today. Ordered from Quadratech and apparently received with the wrong brackets. They have a huge gap where the seams are. It’s going to be a pain to repackage and ship back. Atleast quadrateck provided an rma the same day.

895672DB-B343-44DA-8C1E-FCED27626051.jpeg
There is one bigger bolt underneath just out of site. I was underwhelmed with the hardware but overall liked the look of the steps. If they came with the correct brackets and covered the seams better I would have kept them
Just a bit of "fair warning" here...

Those are undoubtedly some good looking running boards; but if I'm not mistaken, your picture makes it look as though they are just bolting through the pinch seam. And one other bolt mounting somewhere else isn't enough. If you weren't aware...anything substantial that you hit or hits you is going to bend that pinch seam and potentially your tub "tout suite".

Since you say you are returning them anyways, I'd really recommend you find some running boards that mount to the frame. Even the ones that use the body mounts (like the ACE sliders) run the risk of being pushed upwards enough that they will bend the tub.

Ask me how I know...:crying:
Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
By using pine. Do you think you will have a problem with the chimney getting coated? I was told to never burn pine in a wood burner because of that.
Not with lodgepole pine. It's a low resin/moisture wood. Most of the LPP that I have is from a fire a few years ago too so it's extra dry.

Now ponderosa pine (PP) is a different story. That will build creosote. It burns well but can cause issues. So it's not that you 'can't' use it or to 'never' use it, but if you do you should have a way to clean out your chimney regularly - which I actually have a method so it wouldn't be a big deal other than being annoying. I do have some PP that but it's less than a cord so I'm not super worried. I also have creosote blocks that is infused with chemicals to help break it up (mostly because I have a super tall chimney and it runs cool). And since this furnace robs all the heat, leaving the chimney cooler than a standard stove, I will have to clean the chimney every other month or so anyway (also just to see how it is working since it's still new and unknown to me).

So to answer your question though, for me - no I am not super worried because I limit the amount of PP that I burn. If, next year, that is all I can get ahold of, then I will certainly be cautious.

I am not sure what other wood in other regions are prone to creosote buildup. Here, we mostly have WL, DF, LPP, PP.

Hope that helps

Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Smittybuilt Stryker bumper took two hours to install. Not bad at all

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 882F5B62-F068-4C2B-B2C6-901B02484E9D

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 882F5B62-F068-4C2B-B2C6-901B02484E9D

That is an interesting looking bumper. Haven't seen it before. Very road warrior vibe.

Carrotzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Glad
Busy last couple of weeks…
Added:
Rubicon Performance rock sliders
2” AEV lift
37x12.5 BFG KO2’s
AEV Salta XR’s

And thanks to Black Friday, en route are some Diode Dynamics Stage Series 6” LED bars, Go Rhino cowl mounts, a Lasfit AUX switch bank, and in my cart… Oracle prerunner lights.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 34A9B6F5-2BD7-4B63-BDE5-F920CA113F32
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 34A9B6F5-2BD7-4B63-BDE5-F920CA113F32
I like those rims! searching for some rims that are not fake bead lock. Maybe some titanium hue? Very sharp

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
FINALLY!! Put the Oracle tail lights on that I ordered over a year ago and received 2 months ago… thanks Quadratec for allowing Oracle to keep overlooking my order! I mean that with all the sarcasm I can muster.

I agree they are a bit unorganized about what's "In Stock" and shipping but when I had an issue with one of my reverse lights Oracle was all over it and had a replacement to me within days.

Sponsored

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
I like those rims! searching for some rims that are not fake bead lock. Maybe some titanium hue? Very sharp
Thanks!

I love them. They could be a little more concave, maybe touch more offset but I love them. This is their satin or matte black but they make an onyx which is like a titanium gray and a super nice finish.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Got the Z60 recall done yesterday. Took about 2 hours since the software kept crashing while trying to update 🙄
Finally got it done and all is well.