Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
The suction cup on my dash cam kept falling, either when it was really cold or really hot. Finally found a good solution on amazon, a small ball arm mount (looks like maybe 1/2"?) that attaches to the rearview mirror with a solid clamp. It came with a bunch of mount options and a “universal” option that let me disassemble my old suction cup mount and build a new attachment that works with the ball joint. I got it positioned to where I can barely see it from the inside of the cab too so its not blocking any of the windshield. Just need to tidy up the wiring now that it (hopefully) won't fall anymore.

EDIT - Here's the link, its cheap on amazon.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2733

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2734

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2732
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Knocked off a bunch of the ice. Started it up for a while drove a little to cycle parts in cold to loosen more ice. 😋
Damn I moved to the south to get away from this stuff.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
Not much but still a “To”. New license plate frame “1 of 4190 Launch Edition” and a rain jacket for the cab. Hopefully this cold spell will move out soon so the doors can come off again.
0C7D00F1-1293-414C-944E-7147A62E373B.jpeg

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
The suction cup on my dash cam kept falling, either when it was really cold or really hot. Finally found a good solution on amazon, a small ball arm mount (looks like maybe 1/2"?) that attaches to the rearview mirror with a solid clamp. It came with a bunch of mount options and a “universal” option that let me disassemble my old suction cup mount and build a new attachment that works with the ball joint. I got it positioned to where I can barely see it from the inside of the cab too so its not blocking any of the windshield. Just need to tidy up the wiring now that it (hopefully) won't fall anymore.
Can you share a link?

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Repaired my loose / ineffective parking brake, which seems to be a fairly common issue. Some posts in this forum helped! Duplicated my wall of text here in case it helps people.

On Saturday after an hour drive I went to pull the parking brake as I always do when parked (habit, though I have an automatic). Pulled and there was no resistance. JTR could roll freely with the p-brake engaged ... this is the video in question which explains how to access the in-cab mechanism.

I was lucky, the cable locks that keep the parking brake cables in position, under tension, had popped out as the tension lessens after time. The above video was super helpful to visualize what I had to do. Tough to get my meaty paws in there, and ended up using all my socket extensions and a deep-well 10mm socket on the tension nut (and lock nut). Took me a while to figure out how much tension was ideal, but now I feel it works as it should with no drag. Can freely coast on a 1-degree incline, or straight, and the p-brake will keep me in position in neutral on a 7-degree incline (didn't have anything steeper nearby).

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Replaced the main crank battery. Even with battery tender on it overnight, it showed overall health was bad (even though state of charge/voltage was good).
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20221226_104643

Battery was tested completely disconnected (to isolate from the aux battery). Aux battery was fine (around 90%).

Got a bigger Duracell battery from a local Batteries Plus ($220.80 out the door - after tax, 10% discount, and core return).
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20221226_112839

Something I didn't know until I read here in the forums is that JTs (maybe JLs as well) that come equipped with factory Aux switches come with the bigger batteries. Mine didn't, so it came with the smaller 650 CCA battery (and a spacer on the battery tray).

New one fits perfect.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20221226_115937

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Last edited:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not much but still a “To”. New license plate frame “1 of 4190 Launch Edition” and a rain jacket for the cab. Hopefully this cold spell will move out soon so the doors can come off again.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20221226_115937
You’ve got #1 really, or just kidding around?

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10

Gatorized