geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys Ed. in PitchBlack
Occupation
Photographer/Travel Manager/Blue October promotions (best friends band!)
Put a grill with lights and put on rubicon flares.

1F8EF8AE-ECD5-4E9B-8D28-BCDDE6444AE4.jpeg
dang that grill looks amazing!!!!!!!!
i just purchased a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Willy Sport and looking to do some cool things to mine...although does anyone know how much i should expect to pay to at least get my driver side door to have an automated lock? that is the only thing that i regret not having so am looking to get that done first.

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
dang that grill looks amazing!!!!!!!!
i just purchased a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Willy Sport and looking to do some cool things to mine...although does anyone know how much i should expect to pay to at least get my driver side door to have an automated lock? that is the only thing that i regret not having so am looking to get that done first.
Welcome to the club!

The kits for passive entry are pretty cheap (for jeep parts), and the project doesn't looks all that daunting after watching some videos online. Its on my jeeps to-do list as well. My wife's Grand Cherokee has the passive entry and it spoils me every time I'm in it.

https://www.moparonlineparts.com/part-ymm/2021-jeep-gladiator-passive-entry-kit.html

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the club!

The kits for passive entry are pretty cheap (for jeep parts), and the project doesn't looks all that daunting after watching some videos online. Its on my jeeps to-do list as well. My wife's Grand Cherokee has the passive entry and it spoils me every time I'm in it.

https://www.moparonlineparts.com/part-ymm/2021-jeep-gladiator-passive-entry-kit.html
It's piece of cake. I did it in my dark cold garage (it was about 30 degrees?) before I put better lights in the garage.
Tip - many videos use power tools on those screws - don't. Use hand tools. Why? Ask those who break screws on these trucks. If it's tight and fighting you, work the screw back and forth - back it up, run it back in, and so on. It will eventually come out without breaking anything. PATIENCE is the key. Some of the videos add steps or do things in ways that aren't an absolutely must if you work smart. I suggest taking the best parts of each video and going from there.
It was pretty easy - actually almost easier than swapping in tinted glass in the doors of my car.
The CSM - customer settings menu in the radio, for the passive entry may take a day to show up once the settings are changed using JSCAN, AlfaOBD or Tazer.
There's a whole thread here on how to do it all including the exact changes that need to be made in the BCM to make passive entry work.
However, Sport owners please note - you need to have power locks for it to happen. Don't some Sport versions have only manual locks or am I thinking of the 2020 Sport bare-bones models only?

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welcome to the club!

thank you!
now on that link it says for each that it must have automated locks from factory...but i just have manual locks....so hopefully there is a way to do this...i guess they would have to just change out m door handle and lock and if more expensive, then again i am happy just to do this for the drivers side only... we shall see. just called my dealership and the service dept is going to get back to me...i would look elsewhere but my deal says something about only getting things done with them for my warranty to be valid? or am i understanding that wrong haha

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
thank you!
now on that link it says for each that it must have automated locks from factory...but i just have manual locks....so hopefully there is a way to do this...i guess they would have to just change out m door handle and lock and if more expensive, then again i am happy just to do this for the drivers side only... we shall see. just called my dealership and the service dept is going to get back to me...i would look elsewhere but my deal says something about only getting things done with them for my warranty to be valid? or am i understanding that wrong haha
That sounds fishy... As far as I know your warranty through Jeep should be honored at ANY dealership nationwide. It may be part of a service contract you have with them, but the warranty that comes with the truck should be honored at any Jeep dealer.

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
but my deal says something about only getting things done with them for my warranty to be valid
BS
BS
BS
BS

Well, like drew said, that's BS for the Jeep factory warranty. If you bought any special service plan from the dealership, that's probably right.

Sponsored

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes thanks! i looked and i can go to another jeep dealership but just not an aftermarket place...but dang the dealerships i am calling seem to say that what i am asking for is so out of the ordinary and they have to "look into it"....oy

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Nice! How are you liking the gear change?
Oh man running the 37s I can definitely feel the weight and I feel more planted to the ground. But the combo of both the regear and having my hike-it in sport mode My gladiator was hitting the hills like a champ. Shifting is also definitely improved. Especially with all the weight I carry. Definitely no regrets on the regear. Like most people say that have done it it almost feels like it drives like stock except I'm running larger tires.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
I recently moved my hard shell rooftop tent for my gladiator over to my Tacoma. Today I picked up a lighter weight tent from Inspired Overland. I think it weighs like 87 lb if I remember right. It's also only 5 in tall. But yeah definitely have nothing but good things to say about the quality. Now I can fit into the parking garage at work despite my recent moving to 37 in tires.

Last edited: