Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Addressed my rock chipping problem with a pair of "mud flaps." A special thanks to @gatorwesty for a good deal on the steps for my daughter and wife. Sorry to all the JTR purists and off-roaders cringing at the rock rails to steps conversion. Hopefully, this is a temporary solution until I find a rock rail with integrated steps that my wife and I both like.

20230112_213150.jpg

20230112_213002.jpg
Yup, those work great, pair them up with the Weathertech mud flaps for even better coverage. Farm life, sometimes ya got to keep the organic stuff at bay too.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Addressed my rock chipping problem with a pair of "mud flaps." A special thanks to @gatorwesty for a good deal on the steps for my daughter and wife. Sorry to all the JTR purists and off-roaders cringing at the rock rails to steps conversion. Hopefully, this is a temporary solution until I find a rock rail with integrated steps that my wife and I both like.

20230112_213150.jpg

20230112_213002.jpg
They’re expensive, but my RSE steps solve all three problems. Rock rail, step, and door protection. I have yet to get a single chip, and my door handles don’t get crud on them.

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
I require steps for my wife and I both being with arthritis and my wife having shoulder and knee issues (me back and hip issues)
for months I wondered why all of these people had chipped hinges and other damage - then I realized - my "running boards" prevent that type of damage.
I need more "step" or will have to carry a step stool for my wife but won't give up the rock chip protection and nice wide steps these provide.
I actually got a small folding step stool that fits under the passenger seat for my pregnant wife and she loves it. The stool will probably live in the truck even after pregnancy to help with getting in when I get the lift/tires installed. It also came in a two pack and was cheap, so I have another in the guest bath for when the neices and nephews are over.

link - https://a.co/d/6bjEvxs

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2493.JPG

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I actually got a small folding step stool that fits under the passenger seat for my pregnant wife and she loves it. The stool will probably live in the truck even after pregnancy to help with getting in when I get the lift/tires installed. It also came in a two pack and was cheap, so I have another in the guest bath for when the neices and nephews are over.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2493.JPG
You could drill a small hole in the top or side for a rope so she can pull it up once seated. That way she can use it if she needs to drive solo for any reason.

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT

You guys won't need that step stool getting into your wife's new minivan. hahaha...

jk. congrats!

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
I finally finished all of my Diode Dynamics light installs. I originally bought SS3 Pro drivng lights for use on the DD bumper mount, and SSC1 Pro Wide's for the DD cowl brackets. But after I installed them I thought the SS3s looked too small over the bumper. Their light output was fine but the visual impact was underwhelming. They just seemed too small. So, once again esthetics overruled and I bought some SS5 Sport Combo lights to go on the bumper mounts. The SS3's moved to the cowl brackets. This way I can use the SSC1s for ditch/180 deg side lighting. I made flag shaped cuts in bumper closeout so I could reinstall it. It didn't like the idea of just trowing it away.

I tapped into the parking light circuit for the SS5 and SSC1 backlights. I added a switch in that circuit so I could easily program the backlight color on the SS5s. It also makes it easy to just turn the backlight on/off. I also added a terminal block for the Aux circuits (inspiration from @ShadowsPapa). Next step is to get out and aim the lights!

IMG_2748 2.jpg

IMG_2741 2.jpg

IMG_2746.JPG

IMG_2749.jpg

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
I had 2 TSBs I wanted completed before the expiration of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. I took it in Monday to get the 5" radio firmware update to fix the slow clock. While they had it, they also replaced both batteries. My service advisor told me they will honor the 3 year warranty on the new batteries. Next week it goes in for the A pillar water leak TSB.
Dumb question but we’re the old batteries bad?

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
$30 Oracle pods for turn signals/running lights. Few dollars on screws and washers. Created my own fender flare supports out of scrap 1" x 1" nylon. I did just spend another $10 to black out all of the white in the wheel well. Rubi and Max Tow have 2pc fender flares thats easy to do fender chop (exterior mods section of this forum)
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7CD8576F-407C-4329-8D04-814CF5F6B155
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7CD8576F-407C-4329-8D04-814CF5F6B155
Holy shit, it took me two days of searching to find this post again.
Thinking of doing a chop for more clearance, but I was hoping to keep the OEM light.
How hard would it be to do this and keep the front part with the light? Or is that not possible..