First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2014 Landcruiser
Occupation
National Park Service
Yeah, I went with the drain plug underneath the passenger seat. I wanted to try going under the cowl and through the space behind the windshield frame and run it under the passenger side floor panel but the ARB harness wasn’t long enough for that.
I did the same. I think the solution is step bit on a drill, some paint and a new grommet. I can't reach up high enough while laying on my driveway so I will get it done on someone's lift.
Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
Completed modding out my Rubi's partner in crime. The overland trailer is now ready for off road use.

Flipped the axles
Cut off the fenders and angle iron brackets sold the original tires
Welded on new angle iron, flat steel (foot steps), and 16 ga fenders (https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Trailer_Fenders-pt-16~1|2_Inch_Wheels.aspx). Will be able to upgrade to 35" tires if I decide to go that route.
Mounted up some Gladiator offtake wheels and 33" Falcon MT's.
Cut off the Ball Hitch
Welded on a new Lock N Roll Hitch https://locknroll.com/
Painted over all my UGLY welds

Waiting on delivery of a custom fitted tarp https://www.coversandall.com/?utm_source=transactional_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=header.
Will add Maxtrax and Rotopax mounts this weekend

Once I add the 2" lift to my GEEP the system should be fairly level.

Time to go!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0BCEF7AE-A3C3-4AEB-B7B5-1BD3BF205B34

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0BCEF7AE-A3C3-4AEB-B7B5-1BD3BF205B34

What are the trailer dimensions?

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino

Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
What are the trailer dimensions?
The bed is 5' x 8'. Trailer is still working well for me. Use it all the time hauling crap around but not for camping much this last couple years.

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
I replaced the engine air filter and the cabin air filter. The time it took was 3 hours. Your asking how could it take this tard 3 hours to do that? I dropped one of those screws that are supposed to be captive. I used my driver to extract the screw, but I left it in high and the screw came all the way out and fell with a tink tink noise. I looked for an hour without any luck. Then I removed the entire airbox and tube , radiator fan assembly, skid plate and wheel well liner. I looked for another hour, still without luck.

When I started this 5 minute task, I decided that the carport was a fine place to work. With that said, I put everything back together and drove it into the shop. Put it on the lift and with in 5 minutes, I found the screw. It was in the upper mount bracket for the axle. I had my fingers in there before but apparently not at the correct angle.
I hate when that happens

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I hate when that happens
They’re unfortunately not captive on this air box. I use a manual Phillips to remove them, and they come right out. No matter how careful I am, I usually drop one each time I do it. Magnets. :)

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They’re unfortunately not captive on this air box. I use a manual Phillips to remove them, and they come right out. No matter how careful I am, I usually drop one each time I do it. Magnets. :)
I will remember that for sure whenever I plan to do mine, for sure. I always have one of those telescopic magnets, they've become lifesavers (fingersavers) as I'm getting older.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I will remember that for sure whenever I plan to do mine, for sure. I always have one of those telescopic magnets, they've become lifesavers (fingersavers) as I'm getting older.
You’re not kidding. Of course, that ends up being the tool I can’t find, since I put it in “a safe place” in my old age.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would add those screws are self tappers into plastic. Remember to do the one reverse turn to set the screw thread into the original cut thread before screwing back down.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Captive, meaning they do not need to be fully removed. You just back them out enough to clear the lower half. Then again I did spend half a day looking for one. What do I know?

jonsheritahe04

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2018 F250 Super Duty
Occupation
IT Support
Ran out of daylight but luckily only at the end, not too bad for a solo install after work.

DiamondBackBed Cover
How do you like so far? Been looking at pulling the trigger on the same but the price has had me in a holding pattern.

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How do you like so far? Been looking at pulling the trigger on the same but the price has had me in a holding pattern.
First, it's absolutely expensive but imho definitely worth the price. The construction (welds, bracketry, engineering and assembly) are top notch. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been a quality assurance inspector for the last 17 years for construction welds and other civil engineering methods, so take that for what's it's worth. Instruction package was thoughtfully put together and thorough, much more than other parts kits I've come across (CoverKing, I'm looking at you).

It ships freight, and with the weather we've had, and delayed shipping in general, has been a nightmare for me personally but that' s not on DiamondBack. It still arrived within the 18 to 21 day timeframe.

Installation: I was able to install it by myself, although I would recommend a second hand to make it quicker and more efficient but can be done solo. Also, the included shims for the bedrail covers are the worst part, take your time and follow the instructions.

Adjustments: I've made my first post adjustment and there wasn't much needed however, as stated in the instructions, necessary.

Price: As I initially stated, I do feel the quality of construction, assembly and parts are worth the asking price. I will say that I do justify this having an equal or more value in tools being secured by the bed cover, if you don't have any plans for it and are purchasing just for looks, I'd say there are more affordable options that are probably comparable aesthetically. With that being said, if you need (I do) lockable storage to protect other investments (i.e. tools, hardware, etc.) then it is easily justified.