Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

JeepTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bright White Willys.
Thank you, it has Rubicon springs and shocks with a Skyjacker 2.5” front / 1” rear spacer lift ahrgshock extension brackets, Skyjacker front and rear track bars, JKS swaybar links & Mopar lift front lower control arms. Also did rockjock spacer for the carrier bearing so the pinion angle is correct. Fox steering stabilizer and also synergy sway-bar link drop brackets in the rear.

Tires are rubicon take off falkens (285/70R17) with 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers. It gave me about 1” of poke and plant of clearance. These tires have been perfect with the 3.73 gears. I still see 8th and it shifts like stock. Very happy

its Kind of a Frankenstein set up but it rides great and I have had zero issues. That set up ended up giving me just over 3.25” of lift. I wanted something more conservative this time, my rubicon had a 4.5”lift on 37s.

For a budget set up, I’m thrilled with it. I have a Comanche I’m building, my wife is ready to kill me, so I had to keep the mods on the gladiator cheap haha

-Ryan

A2CE4CE4-2A2E-453D-84AD-10C6C7DB16FF.jpeg

CA7E18F8-0395-45FE-8F0F-CC4804ABA0DF.jpeg

E57021A8-1C45-4BED-AC15-A0B5F85EB4A1.jpeg
Thanks for taking the time to add all the info. Was on a similar path of a Frankenstein type lift. Gives the freedom of sourcing only the components I'd like to install.

Cheers
Sponsored

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
New Tires and Rims -
Goodyear Duratrac 315/70r17 and AEV Salta XR Onyx, Used JSCAN and had speedo recalibrated in less than 3 minutes. Currently running 32psi. Will do chalk-test for proper footprint once the rain moves through (it's pouring currently) and a better picture of the final install. Lift (Synergy Stage 2, Sector shaft brace kit and FOX shocks and steering stabilizer goes on next Friday.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] tires1
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] tires3
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] tires4
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] tires2

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
I installed an ARB twin compressor in a Grimm Off-road under seat mount. We had a rainout and it was my B-day so I took advantage. Pretty nice setup.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] tires2

I really dig this install, super nice and clean :like:

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
New Tires and Rims -
Goodyear Duratrac 315/70r17 and AEV Salta XR Onyx, Used JSCAN and had speedo recalibrated in less than 3 minutes. Currently running 32psi. Will do chalk-test for proper footprint once the rain moves through (it's pouring currently) and a better picture of the final install. Lift (Synergy Stage 2, Sector shaft brace kit and FOX shocks and steering stabilizer goes on next Friday.

Nice choice in wheels.

I wish they made Duratracs in 37/12.5/17.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Figured out why there has been a clunk and a sway to it. Figured the sway was from putting crappy stock tires on and the clunk was… because it’s a jeep. Guess not.
3DE6B888-FD5C-47B4-A8FA-3EA1DE3FC7B7.jpeg
I always try to keep a spare set of the retaining pins for them, when I was driving my XJ and a set of replacement bushings too. I've lost, sheared or misplaced a few.
Addressed my rock chipping problem with a pair of "mud flaps." A special thanks to @gatorwesty for a good deal on the steps for my daughter and wife. Sorry to all the JTR purists and off-roaders cringing at the rock rails to steps conversion.

20230112_213002.jpg
Go figure I traded a set of Rubicon rails for them myself to cut down on rocks and mud. Not a Rubicon JT though.

As of what done to my JT:
Added new phone mount from Amazon due to expensive mount that attracted to grap bar always being loose and not holding up. Otherwise just adding few layers of mud due to all the rain. About to order a Taser just to disable the damn traction control in 4 HI. It's flipping B.S. for me to have to shift to 4 lo just to back up my driveway with a trailer. F@@@ing traction control. Great for streets but S### everywhere else.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I love your truck, it’s beautiful. Do you miss the rubicon at all? For me it was the alpine system, heated seats / leather and LED lights and metal bumpers . I ended up doing a 7” radio, heated leather seats, factory LEDS all the way around and rubicon metal bumpers. I feel like for the money the willys is a hard buy to beat.
-Ryan
I don’t miss my Rubicon to be honest with you. Silver was boring (2nd Rubicon) and black (1st Rubicon) was impossible to keep clean. I never used the Rubicon features so it was senseless to pay the kind of money I was paying. I got a decent deal on the Willys and I’ve had more fun customizing it than I did with the Rubicons. And I’m still not done.

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Finished the inside furniture (with sink) of my build recently. It's 8ft tall inside, with the top and inside bed pushed up.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_7683.JPG
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_7705.JPG
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_7528 2.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
I installed an ARB twin compressor in a Grimm Off-road under seat mount. We had a rainout and it was my B-day so I took advantage. Pretty nice setup.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 953D2F7E-768A-4901-A123-871346872D0B

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 953D2F7E-768A-4901-A123-871346872D0B

Happy belated birthday! Looks like it was productive!

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Gator
Occupation
Coder
New Tires and Rims -

tires1.jpg
tires3.jpg
tires4.jpg
tires2.jpg
Dude! How the hell are you?

Last edited: