Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Deleted member 54858

Installed Mopar bed rails, Hi-Lift bed mounts, and jack
Had 2 missing bolts in the bed rail kit and a nut insert that rounded out the hexagon hole in the bed’s ultra thin metal.
It was an easy install.
I think the bolts that the jack mounts on should be longer. Also, the Hi-Lift knobs loosen way too easily on their own (20 mile drive and they were loose). Hate to use mechanical force to tighten, but…….
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4BA9665F-8706-4488-86C3-BF65FF78F048
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Finished putting the Stars and Stripes on the hood, replaced the plastic bumper with the knockoff mopar bumper that I had powder coated to match. Still have to add the electronics to the winch. Cut the factory eyelet off and added the Factor 55 soft shackle winch mount.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 15AE395A-2869-4D49-8322-98741BF21C31
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0475EB5F-6FB8-4B9E-AEE5-144C88DE02BE

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
DiodeDynamics white front marker lights - but not thrilled with the fit. Sticks out and there's a gap on the right one. Let side, not real bad. Right side - bad fit.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230208_170605

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230208_170621

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230208_170613

Left side - looks about like stock fit, similar to the amber stock light I removed -

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230208_170631

Man, those screws are a bitXX to get back in the new lights. One simply disappeared. I left it in the hole and grabbed the new light to put in place - and the screw was GONE! I mean - it's nowhere. I pulled things apart and it simply vanished.
I pulled one of the screws out of the front light for now to secure the marker light but can't find the part number to get another screw. (they aren't stock/standard bolts)

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
DiodeDynamics white front marker lights - but not thrilled with the fit. Sticks out and there's a gap on the right one. Let side, not real bad. Right side - bad fit.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20230208_170631

Left side - looks about like stock fit, similar to the amber stock light I removed -

Man, those screws are a bitXX to get back in the new lights. One simply disappeared. I left it in the hole and grabbed the new light to put in place - and the screw was GONE! I mean - it's nowhere. I pulled things apart and it simply vanished.
I pulled one of the screws out of the front light for now to secure the marker light but can't find the part number to get another screw. (they aren't stock/standard bolts)
I have the morimoto sidemarkers and they fit the same. I tried to snip some of the plastic on the inside so it slid in closer but didn't make much difference.

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.

20230208_170605.jpg

20230208_170621.jpg

20230208_170613.jpg

20230208_170631.jpg

@ShadowsPapa Is there any wiggle on the factory light beside it? Not sure how they are mounted because I haven't looked at those lamps that closely, but if you can nudge the factory light forward a bit it might line things up better. Maybe not feasible, but figured I'd share the thought.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@ShadowsPapa Is there any wiggle on the factory light beside it? Not sure how they are mounted because I haven't looked at those lamps that closely, but if you can nudge the factory light forward a bit it might line things up better. Maybe not feasible, but figured I'd share the thought.
Funny you should say that- when I was in the garage this AM, I looked at my wife's JLU, the left lights on mine, then back over at the right side and wondered - could a person loosen that other light, maybe even shim it a bit.
I need to find another screw, though, before I take it apart again because I borrowed one of the screws attaching the front light in order to put the side light in after the original literally just vanished as if it was transported off the planet.
They are special screws.
Plus - I'm going in with a Dremel and bit to shave some of the plastic so you can get directly on that torx screw. The videos and pics make it look straight forward. it's not on mine. You can see half of the head of the screw and you have to literally put the screwdriver in at an angle and pry it over to get it into the screw. Access is literally half blocked and even my fancy expensive Mac torx driver with thin shank can't get in there without prying it in. Jeep changed something from when those videos were made.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have the morimoto sidemarkers and they fit the same. I tried to snip some of the plastic on the inside so it slid in closer but didn't make much difference.
It's my darned OCD coming out.
I suspect some of it is the "Jeep tolerances" because the left side fits as well as the original (not great, but not bad, either)

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
It's my darned OCD coming out.
I suspect some of it is the "Jeep tolerances" because the left side fits as well as the original (not great, but not bad, either)
Yeah, you do have an over abundance of OCD. Maybe enough for 3 people.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Finished putting the Stars and Stripes on the hood, replaced the plastic bumper with the knockoff mopar bumper that I had powder coated to match. Still have to add the electronics to the winch. Cut the factory eyelet off and added the Factor 55 soft shackle winch mount.

Really nice work.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Really nice work.
Thank you! She’s almost done aesthetically, next week I order the 4” lift and full belly skids. Picking up a rear bumper today and dropping it off at the powder coater next week. Then I think that just about wraps it up!

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! She’s almost done aesthetically, next week I order the 4” lift and full belly skids. Picking up a rear bumper today and dropping it off at the powder coater next week. Then I think that just about wraps it up!
What if you get it dirty?!

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced the 3.5's in the soundbar with the Select Increments JLJT-Pods with 6 3/4's. Nice improvement in sound paired with a 10" hideaway subwoofer. Non-Alpine system. Sorry, no pics. Very straight forward installation. Plug and play, biggest pain in the ass was keeping the weather stripping in place when mounting.

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys Ed. in PitchBlack
Occupation
Photographer/Travel Manager/Blue October promotions (best friends band!)
Almost makes me want to redo mine like yours.

no! i love both but love yours and that color combination! i have a black JT and thinking i should do your gray and red on my black!