Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Sting-Gray JTRD (D1), 2002 Porsche Boxster S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Off-Road Adventure Engineer (part time)
Samson got a facelift today when I installed a separate grill that I had wrapped by Sunstoppers - Rock Hill. Turns out the difference in the Rubicon trail cam and non-Trail cam Rubicon is not just the center “mesh” section but also the screw insets where the trail cam mounts. You’ll need to remove them from the donor grill to the final grill. Took a bunch more time to install, uninstall, Unassemble, reassemble and reinstall. Final product looks great - just would have like to know what I know now so it did not take so long... I liked how this turned out vs the OEM satin black grill option because the OEM satin grill option colors the insets satin black as well. This option keeps the grey-ish insets with the satin black grill giving it a nice contrast.

D3B140A4-3BFB-440D-BE93-F6FA5E6F4600.jpeg

25A3CAAF-FB59-4140-93D7-1C1C3E5AFF99.jpeg

2ABC0853-33FA-472A-922D-86692C3ED4CF.jpeg
Oh wow, love the idea of wrapping the front grill and keeping the silver trim instead of swapping for the Mopar satin grill. Thinking a camo or kevlar wrap would be a bit original- with the added bonus of being able to revert back to the color-matched grill. Would you mind sharing the cost to do the grill wrap? And how has the wrap held up over time?

Last edited:

Woolsocks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional Driver
First time Jeep owner here: Long story short, a co-worker backed into my JTR and mangled the bumper. He offered to buy me a new one, I decided on the DV8 modular. After ordering it, I then read some reviews. I was concerned. Turns out the fit and finish are good so I’m happy. Now I just have to fight the urge to buy a winch. I really have no need for one. But I’ll probably buy one. Haha. Unless someone has a good idea for covering the fairlead opening.

EFB0D955-E049-445E-A14E-7705DAD7F31A.jpeg

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Believe it or not, a guy on Etsy. This is my second set. Very high quality and go on super easy. Highly recommend.
nxtgendecals on etsy. Ships fast and great quality. Has a few options too.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Thanks RB, I was thinking something along the same line or just trading the cam over latch for big wing nuts like the front. I'll do some ranchengineering on it today. Tomorrow and figure it out
Let me know what you come up with!

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I installed a set of Rough Country Molle panels in the bed. A couple of thoughts.

1 I've always been leery of RC products in the past, these look pretty nice, I like that the front panel follows the contour of t he bed sides, I like that the side panels are side specific but wish the passenger side were longer. T here is about 10" that COULD be added to that side since they're side specific.
2 These are steel rather than Aluminum
3. These are way cheaper than others. Likely being steel vice alum
4 Of the 6 rivnuts that need to be installed I managed to hit ribs or other obstructions where I drilled 4 of the fn holes, ruining 2 of the rivnuts, nobody here in Mayberry carries them...
5. My gator tonneau cover rear clamps won't snap closed fully due to the panels now, I haven't solved that issue yet
6. The front center brackets are totally the wrong shape unless I force a big bow in the panel. I'll make new flat ones.

A couple pics bare, I haven't started loading them as I still need to remove them to finish the rivnuts. I'm debating shortening my bed divider board to use with the panels, use a telescoping bed bar or not worry about it.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 23260590

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 23260590

hmm sounds a little cheap. Haven't noticed anybody complain about these. Clearly cost-cutting on the passenger side, they definitely could've extended it but probably cheaper to have the panels same length even though they have different cutouts for the plugs. Should've just made them even cheaper and been the same left to right.

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
Well the FedEx guy just dropped these off! Now to unmount the ones I have currently and get these installed! Still debating on Color matching the rings to the Jeep.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] F1D772E1-45E0-42F6-A5D0-040880EDE630
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D1A1844B-0C0B-4493-A743-9548A107E5DA
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9BD60EC9-81FC-44B8-A040-B69D9E99E702
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D3799443-8BF5-45CD-9A24-64E806C98DD1

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I am very curious how you installed the fender liners. I bought the same ones but have not installed yet. Did you trim the OEM liner to mate up with the Artec Liners? Have any close up pics?

Looks great - thanks!

DenverBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Sting-Gray JTRD (D1), 2002 Porsche Boxster S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Off-Road Adventure Engineer (part time)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Even if not a volunteer house, they spend a lot of time sitting around waiting for us to need them, so it is good he can do something other than watch tv. Go to it.
I don't give a rip what the people do that save our sorry butts and protect property and pets at the risk of their own health when they aren't tending to business. If that space is otherwise sitting empty and if he cleans up when done and makes it as spotless as it started - no problem here.
Sponsored