First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
I installed the Pedal Commander, and after driving the Scat Pack Challenger for a couple of years. The V6 was a culture shock.. I believe I can live with it now.. I didn't expect it to be a tire burner lol . It just needed a little more pep in the step.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Felt I should follow-up: another model with detachable front camera went on sale, and after being annoyed by the cut-off view again I decided to get it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C1QVYHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FZFVNM1S07ECT9GT4DDH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Initial impressions are very positive. This is a much thinner profile, with much more adaptability. You can reverse (horizontally/mirror) both the front and rear image, and flip (vertically) the rear. It also has a GPS unit for on screen speed and compass (maybe not super useful but still nice).

Probably won’t get it installed till next week as I forgot to order the hardwire kit, but initial bench test shows comparable if not better camera performance. Touch screen performance is also comparable if not better, and the menu is more intuitive. Honestly wish I went with this first, although I’m not sure if they have a JT bracket. It seems I’ll be able to reuse the bracket from the other mirror, though, as the ball seems to be the same size. Otherwise I’m not sure if/how it will work for the JT.
Another follow-up: finally got this one all buttoned up. Definitely like the detached front camera - will make videos much more pleasant to watch.

Ended up putting the rear camera on the tow hitch since it can be digitally angled up. For the first mirror, I put it on the roof cargo box, but it felt too high. I also like that the rear camera uses a quick disconnect close to the camera itself instead of a long fixed cable - if I need to replace the camera it’s easy to swap or if I ever get a camper I can relocate it using an extension cable.

As for performance/usability, there seems to be a trade-off of actual mirror quality for video/LCD screen quality/visibility. The physical mirror is a bit dark and has an odd double vision/glare at times. I think it’s due to the separation of the glass. However, the screen is much easier to see and overpowers the mirror even in direct light, so it’s an acceptable compromise in my opinion. The rear camera image seems a bit sharp/saturated and doesn’t have any adjustments, but not a deal breaker.

There are two downsides. First, there is no included hardwire kit, but the one they sell is good quality - there is at tiny box/interface for controlling voltage cut-off and has a white LED for monitoring status (i.e. powered on or standby mode). Second, I don’t know if they sell a bracket for the JT. I tried emailing them and they never responded. That also doesn’t give me a lot of confidence for overall support. Only way this worked for me is because I had a bracket from the other mirror. Obviously that’s not a sensible option for most, so my only recommendation is to reach out to FullVue and see if they will sell just the bracket.

gr33n01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport Altitude
Occupation
Engineer
I purchased this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334115220898

There are bumpers available with LEDs for not much more, but I went with this one, because I'm still planning out what LED upgrades I want to make up front
Ah...I see. How was the weight of it compared to stock bumper? Did it cause any droop in the front? I don't have a lift/level kit yet (still deciding if I want to do one).

Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Installed a WeBoost cell booster system

20220514_110627.jpg
20220514_110701.jpg
20220514_110730.jpg
20220514_121453.jpg

Whiskerbiscuit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ford Flex
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Installed 67d mount. Waiting for my phone quadlock ball to show up so was just seeing what my phone might look like.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220514_183606

Last edited:

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Ah...I see. How was the weight of it compared to stock bumper? Did it cause any droop in the front? I don't have a lift/level kit yet (still deciding if I want to do one).
Not really sure how much more it weighs than the stock bumper, maybe 40 lbs? I didn't really take any measurements or anything. I did not add a wich or the winch plate so that would bring it down more. It may have caused a little droop, but less than half an inch. I am going to add a level kit as soon as I can decide which one

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link