Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Took the soft top all the way off today and made a run to a drive in for burgers and lunch. Then swapped out the chrome conduit on the KC's to red and added the new padded console cover
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Lots of smiley faces
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] new console cover
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] No soft to

soft top removal.jpg

red conduit.jpg
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looked at the new CRACK in the windshield after my wife said "look, your windshield is cracked".
Then we both realized - so that's the big SMACK we heard the other day but never saw anything.
Whatever hit, hit smack in the middle of the ACC/FCW camera area, out of view from the inside....... until today, that is.
That's number two, and of course, after I've traded it for a 2022 if that ever arrives.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Installed the Epic Kraken and an ARB twin compressor. Ran into a few issues, but overall a pretty easy install.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220514_175013
Mine is coming in Monday. So what issues?

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Electrician
So far, so good but it's an overkill. But for $2k with the kc mount, I guess you get what you pay for. If you have a sunrider or soft top, prepare for some extra noise from the wind. Love the way it looks though, I also bought the amber covers. I would also buy the key nuts from kc for a little added protection.

Also, when you install the bumpstop make sure the wipers clear it. You dont want to find out when it's raining that it doesnt.
I'll have to order the locking nuts. Got it on the truck today. Looks good. How do you like the amber covers?
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220514_175013

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Finally got to check out the Oracle bed lights after dark. Im quite pleased for the price point they come in at.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4647B9C4-B87B-4E60-917C-6425AA2A7C20

Same for the Oracle grill lights as well though your supposed to remove your grill for the install. That was a no go for me since my winch is pressed up against the grill. In the end, I made it work the hard way.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 05C2DB7B-945A-4804-A2D0-73D1E04C3338

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
I'll have to order the locking nuts. Got it on the truck today. Looks good. How do you like the amber covers?
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 05C2DB7B-945A-4804-A2D0-73D1E04C3338
Looks good, the covers are just like the black ones but amber. They're 16.99 on amazon, I bought them off ebay from someone for 10 a piece. I forgot to tell you something else, lol. If you planned on getting cowl lights since the mount are provided, you should have waited because now you have to remove everything again to run the wires under the hood.

You can also get different color stickers to change the color of the kc logo on the black covers.

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got to check out the Oracle bed lights after dark. Im quite pleased for the price point they come in at.

Same for the Oracle grill lights as well though your supposed to remove your grill for the install. That was a no go for me since my winch is pressed up against the grill. In the end, I made it work the hard way.
I see you have the softopper, you should add some led lights to the top of the topper because if you have the bed fully loaded it will block the lights.

Screenshot_20220515-004518_Gallery.jpg

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
Looks good, the covers are just like the black ones but amber. They're 16.99 on amazon, I bought them off ebay from someone for 10 a piece. I forgot to tell you something else, lol. If you planned on getting cowl lights since the mount are provided, you should have waited because now you have to remove everything again to run the wires under the hood.

You can also get different color stickers to change the color of the kc logo on the black covers.
I thought about it as I was tucking the wires. I just ordered 2 more of the lights and the locking lugnuts.
It was a pretty easy install. Undoing it shouldn't be bad.
Thanks for all the info you've provided. They're great build quality. I'm impressed (for 2k lol)

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought about it as I was tucking the wires. I just ordered 2 more of the lights and the locking lugnuts.
It was a pretty easy install. Undoing it shouldn't be bad.
Thanks for all the info you've provided. They're great build quality. I'm impressed (for 2k lol)
Ah, so you went the matching route. I wanted a different light because the k6 are so bright I didnt want the reflection off the hood. Btw, clear covers are coming. I will be buying those also because they would look the best and provide protection.

And for 2k they should of came with the lock nuts imo.

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
Ah, so you went the matching route. I wanted a different light because the k6 are so bright I didnt want the reflection off the hood. Btw, clear covers are coming. I will be buying those also because they would look the best and provide protection.

And for 2k they should of came with the lock nuts imo.
I went with the wide beams for the cowl. My intent is to spin them to the side while overlanding at night.
I'll definitely grab the clear covers once they're available.
I paid 2k with a discount code. Some people are paying 2200 and don't get the locking nuts. Both are pretty silly.

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Gator
Occupation
Coder
Mine is coming in Monday. So what issues?
The main issue I ran into was on the ARB. On mine, there was some wiring box in the way so I couldnā€™t get my wrench over the bolt to loosen it. It butted right up against the bolt I needed to loosen. I ended up having to remove 4 bolts on the ARB to loosen up the cover just enough to get an open ended wrench on it. The other thing I wasnā€™t expecting is the rear floor mat canā€™t be put back in. Not a huge deal, but going to have to cut it or find another floor mat solution. The design is really nice and everything was really nicely packaged. Very happy with it.
Sponsored