Advertisement

What did you do TO your Gladiator today?

Gladiator847

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Virtually everything can be fixed. It just depends on cost.

It looks like a complete, new OEM bed (box) lists for $5835 but can be bought for $3850. Add a bumper, some hardware, paint and labor. I'm no adjuster but I'd be shocked if that can't be fixed.

Of course, if there is frame damage, things could change.

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/...vciZ5PTIwMjAmdD1vdmVybGFuZCZlPTMtNmwtdjYtZ2Fz
Any ideas how I can get my tailgate down ? I can't get an inspection until next Friday. I don't wanna force it but I kinda wanted to take off my soft cover before It gets worked on in the near future.
IMG_20200801_153659~01.jpg

Advertisement

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
How are the latched on those. I have had to adjust the heck out of my cheap ones. They still rattle from time to time, and are hard for the kids to shut.
Mine were easy. The hinges come with the bolts loose. Drop in the doors and close them. tighten the hinge bolt from underneath then tighten the 2 hibge bolts on each side and adjust the latch spacer as needed.

BRuce

punk'n

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Any ideas how I can get my tailgate down ? I can't get an inspection until next Friday. I don't wanna force it but I kinda wanted to take off my soft cover before It gets worked on in the near future.
Based on that photo, I think I'd let the professionals at the body shop try to drop it. The tailgate might not be damaged due to the hit 'n run, but you may damage it trying to open it.

I'd also express my concerns with possible damage the top during repairs and either see if you can pick it up when they go to strip it down or have them verify that it will stored appropriately and be in the same condition when you pick the vehicle back up.

Of course, take plenty of pictures beforehand and also, right in front of them, at the body shop. I' do that EVERY time I have to bring a vehicle to the dealer. It shows I care about my vehicle and also puts them on notice that I will point out any issues they caused. This also helped me at a bodyshop (another vehicle) when I saw new scratches AFTER they called and told me to pick the vehicle up. I showed them the photos I took in THEIR lot when I dropped it off where there were no scratches. They apologized, and fixed it again.

Gladiator847

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Based on that photo, I think I'd let the professionals at the body shop try to drop it. The tailgate might not be damaged due to the hit 'n run, but you may damage it trying to open it.

I'd also express my concerns with possible damage the top during repairs and either see if you can pick it up when they go to strip it down or have them verify that it will stored appropriately and be in the same condition when you pick the vehicle back up.

Of course, take plenty of pictures beforehand and also, right in front of them, at the body shop. I' do that EVERY time I have to bring a vehicle to the dealer. It shows I care about my vehicle and also puts them on notice that I will point out any issues they caused. This also helped me at a bodyshop (another vehicle) when I saw new scratches AFTER they called and told me to pick the vehicle up. I showed them the photos I took in THEIR lot when I dropped it off where there were no scratches. They apologized, and fixed it again.
You don't gotta tell me I've issues everytime I've got a repair done at a body shop that's why I'm cringing the idea. I just noticed when the sun was going down the tailgate is damaged too..smh

I was able to crack the tailgate slightly to do the latches to the Tonneau cover at least.

IMG_20200801_164915__01.jpg

IMG_20200801_163144.jpg

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Durango SRT, 2016 BMW 328 I X

Gren71

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S
Occupation
TEMS
Vehicle Showcase
Wilwood brakes and Airlift airbags installed today.

Also updated my fender decals from Under the Sun junk (distorted print and cheap vinyl) to this 2 pc set from Pixie Decals.

20200731_163112.jpg
Noticed any difference with the rear trac bar? Ive been beating around the idea of one for a bit...kinds grown a little obsessed with geometry correction

alara1972

First Name
Abel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Military
Added Synergy 1.75 in spacers. Turned out well and gave 'The Mistress' a slightly more aggressive look. Before the install, the tires were flush with the edge of the fender.
20200801_130604.jpg

20200801_113926.jpg
20200801_125703.jpg
20200801_130522.jpg
20200801_144700.jpg

Now, she has a slightly wider stance.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noticed any difference with the rear trac bar? Ive been beating around the idea of one for a bit...kinds grown a little obsessed with geometry correction
Im not sure which component made the biggest difference. I did the front and rear track bar and track bar/shaft brace all at the same time.

Overall a HUGE difference.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my hothead headliners but managed to scratch the Jeep in the process of putting the rear hardtop by myself. There are several videos on YouTube showing one person removal but not a one person put back.

Anyways it’s installed, and I used rubbing compound to remove the scratch. I’m never messing with the hardtop again unless I have an assist.

BC5B9FF0-C7A5-4804-B7DD-ED798ACEA34C.jpeg

254C99EA-3FBC-4B1E-93D0-4B1EE63B69EA.jpeg

65E43587-309F-4DBE-A186-16467C5542CB.jpeg
Hmmm, I can see how the scratch can happen...but I’ve removed and installed my top manually (I have a lift/hoist too) maybe 20 times solo. The top is like 50lbs. For me the key is having a step prepared below the tailgate. Those scratches can be cleared up.

andru24

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
“Installed” a Hooke road dead pedal from Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBSQ5JM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LaTjFb1F97FS2
There’s a bolt up under the dash that it is supposed to attach with the stock nut. But conveniently enough it seems to wedge into place pretty solidly if you have the all weather OEM mats. The raised Jeep logo holds it in place which is actually pretty awesome because I was worried about being able to get the mats out to clean with the pedal bolted in place. This way I just pull up to unwedge the pedal and can the take out the mats.
C0592644-CBD5-43C7-A97D-D758AE1E5555.jpeg

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“Installed” a Hooke road dead pedal from Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBSQ5JM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LaTjFb1F97FS2
There’s a bolt up under the dash that it is supposed to attach with the stock nut. But conveniently enough it seems to wedge into place pretty solidly if you have the all weather OEM mats. The raised Jeep logo holds it in place which is actually pretty awesome because I was worried about being able to get the mats out to clean with the pedal bolted in place. This way I just pull up to unwedge the pedal and can the take out the mats.
C0592644-CBD5-43C7-A97D-D758AE1E5555.jpeg
I couldn' trust wedging my pedal. I have the MORE and it SUCKED to install but...I know its not moving.

Advertisement

Advertisement