Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Added a Spiderwebshade. I went with Grey because I’m not sure if I want a contrast color or not yet and didn't want black. I just did the front because I don‘t expect to take the top off that much. hopefully it will keep a little heat off my bald head!
1F461B87-878C-409A-A80A-7A266A962915.jpeg

AC6E71F3-2881-42F0-A963-518633ABE72B.jpeg
Bryan - can you leave that shade on with the panels in place? Say you want to pop them back on quick for an Iowa popcord storm? Or must the cover come off before putting the freedom panels back on?

My wife says the price is right - and wondering what when we have the full roof off, too.
(she asked about how it would mount with the doors off, I already explained "roll bars"-works with doors off or on.......)
Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Bryan - can you leave that shade on with the panels in place? Say you want to pop them back on quick for an Iowa popcord storm? Or must the cover come off before putting the freedom panels back on?

My wife says the price is right - and wondering what when we have the full roof off, too.
(she asked about how it would mount with the doors off, I already explained "roll bars"-works with doors off or on.......)
I know I am not Bryan but yes, you can!

BabblingBafoon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales Management
Exactly. I used a good quality 6' cable - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JXXVP3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Previous posts mention that some cheap cables won't read from the console USB port. No problem with this one. I can snap some pics of where I routed it later tonight.

And I love the 67 Designs holder. Super solid. I've used RAM mounts in other vehicles but am a 67 convert. https://www.67d.com/collections/jl-...ns/products/jeep-jl-mount-driver-edition-pack
Very happy to hear a 6' will do the trick! I have some 6' Paracables in Graphite coming and was wondering if they would be long enough. If you can take some pics of how you ran it I would be grateful! Going to order the 67 Designs Rail system right now! LOL ... it looks really nice. Probably going to get their iPad Pro 11" 3D Printed holder too.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I know I am not Bryan but yes, you can!
Works for me! Thanks.
My wife seems to be ok with it (as long as it's blue - the truck is blue) for the front portion. If we take the roof off there's no one in the back seat anyway. Most of the time it would be freedom panels out anyway.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Works for me! Thanks.
My wife seems to be ok with it (as long as it's blue - the truck is blue) for the front portion. If we take the roof off there's no one in the back seat anyway. Most of the time it would be freedom panels out anyway.
Yeah, they have a ton of color options....I am boring and went with black. I also did the full size because I run no top all summer. I like it.....I will still buy a bikini top as soon as bestop has it out. The latches are tight to get to but all in all its really not bad.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they have a ton of color options....I am boring and went with black. I also did the full size because I run no top all summer. I like it.....I will still buy a bikini top as soon as bestop has it out. The latches are tight to get to but all in all its really not bad.
Maybe I should get the full-sized version just in case, since you can leave it on as well from what I see.
No flapping in the wind with the roof off?

Gee, now a decision!

HFD1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK, 2018 JLU, 2020 Gladiator
Installed Vector e-Dock, with GoPro and mount. ThinkWare U1000 Dash Cam(front and rear).

Cheers!

IMG_1169.jpeg
How did you end up mounting the rear camera? I have the same setup and am trying to figure out where to put the rear cam and still have the option to remove the hard top.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Maybe I should get the full-sized version just in case, since you can leave it on as well from what I see.
No flapping in the wind with the roof off?

Gee, now a decision!
No its not bad at all. Id personally never go with just the front. If your ever running topless and have people with you....it would be handy. Definitely a preference thing though, if you don't think you'll take the entire top off or w/e you could save a little cash and go with the front only shade.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
How did you end up mounting the rear camera? I have the same setup and am trying to figure out where to put the rear cam and still have the option to remove the hard top.
I just mounted the rear camera right on the inside top of the rear inside glass. Since I live in a condo and no place to store the hard top I don't go topless very often.. on the rare occasion when I do, I have resigned myself to the fact I don't have the recorded rear view.

I tried to mount the rear cam in a few other places but when I did, could not get a clear view of the traffic behind me and more importantly any license plate info I may need/want. At least with the hardtop on, I get good video/pics then.

The rear cable I fed up thru the velcro headliner that runs on the bottom of the hardtop back rail, that hides the hardtop bolts. So when the top comes off.. I just unplug the rear cam at the cam.

Cheers!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No its not bad at all. Id personally never go with just the front. If your ever running topless and have people with you....it would be handy. Definitely a preference thing though, if you don't think you'll take the entire top off or w/e you could save a little cash and go with the front only shade.

I probably should plan for the "maybe" of the future and not buy twice. I had wondered "what-if" visiting my son and his family in Florida........ they might enjoy a top-off ride along the beaches. It's a long 24 hours drive from here but could be fun. Top on going down, take it off when down there.
May never ever happen, but then I'm less likely to regret getting the full shade vs the front only.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I probably should plan for the "maybe" of the future and not buy twice. I had wondered "what-if" visiting my son and his family in Florida........ they might enjoy a top-off ride along the beaches. It's a long 24 hours drive from here but could be fun. Top on going down, take it off when down there.
May never ever happen, but then I'm less likely to regret getting the full shade vs the front only.
For sure! You never know! Next time I go visit NC I would take mine off out there. But I dont know if I would actually drive the Gladi. The Durango is a better family hauler for those long trips.

20191121_182938.jpg

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
I ordered parts today for a Gladiator that doesn't even exist yet. Got a Corsa Sport exhaust, Max Modular Tonneau-ready aluminum bed rack, a MOPAR cab cover (backordered), and touch-up paint. My JT isn't even more than raw steel and aluminum at this point. Still, that what's I did for "my" Gladiator today...

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
You don't gotta tell me I've issues everytime I've got a repair done at a body shop that's why I'm cringing the idea. I just noticed when the sun was going down the tailgate is damaged too..smh

I was able to crack the tailgate slightly to do the latches to the Tonneau cover at least.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20191121_182938

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20191121_182938
Check with your dealer body shop. When mine was hit I took it to them and they were a preferred repair shop and they were able to repair without waiting for adjuster to review. I asked them about going aftermarket on bumpers they said fine if I paid the difference. Didn’t do it wish I did now though. If you go stock make sure you tell them you want true oem. You have to request them in most states but insurance has to cover if you request.