What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I did the red myself. I cut the Red Vinyl out with my Machine then I applied 3 coats of TopCoat Clear only on the middle rectangular area. Let it dry for a few hours and installed.

Reason for the clear coat was since this will get stepped on or scuffed, I didn't want the vinyl to easily peel up or off so hopefully the solid layer of Clear will help make it last longer plus it gave it a shiny look which just pops :D
Looks factory, awesome job!
Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Let me know how you applied the fluid film (Cans? sprayer?) and how it went. Nice JT!
Two rattle cans of FF at $10 each was enough. I crawled under her and rubbed everything underneath with my hands. Reached into the different spots with my hands hitting all the parts that were hard to get. I would recommend doing it early in the morning before things heat up. Drive it a very short distance (so the engine isn’t hot) and go to an asphalt parking lot, meaning don’t do it on concrete. Stuff is oily and a little messy with overspray and drips. Allow a few hours to dry and don’t park in the garage or concrete driveway as it can drip until dry. Wear your oldest clothes, but worth it.

I checked two months later and the FF is still holding up very well. Still would recommend it.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Two rattle cans of FF at $10 each was enough. I crawled under her and rubbed everything underneath with my hands. Reached into the different spots with my hands hitting all the parts that were hard to get. I would recommend doing it early in the morning before things heat up. Drive it a very short distance (so the engine isn’t hot) and go to an asphalt parking lot, meaning don’t do it on concrete. Stuff is oily and a little messy with overspray and drips. Allow a few hours to dry and don’t park in the garage or concrete driveway as it can drip until dry. Wear your oldest clothes, but worth it.

I checked two months later and the FF is still holding up very well. Still would recommend it.
Did you spray the springs , shock mounts etc? What did you avoid spraying?the driveshaft etc? Thanks

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you spray the springs , shock mounts etc? What did you avoid spraying?the driveshaft etc? Thanks
Not the brake area obviously, no tire rims, no muffler or anything that might get hot. Avoid any rubber hoses or rubber/plastic in general as much as possible. I did do the drive shaft even though it might spin off, still did it anyway. I basically sprayed the target area and then worked that area with my hands rubbing it around. This stuff goes a long way and will cover lots of area if you do it this way. Anything metal under there, I did my best to cover it. Use the can straw tube to get into tight places and openings inside the frame. Entire job takes about an hour. Basically crawling on your back working the length of the frame/chassis. Be care for potential paper cuts on your hands around sharper areas or weld joints.

Sponsored

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Not the brake area obviously, no tire rims, no muffler or anything that might get hot. Avoid any rubber hoses or rubber/plastic in general as much as possible. I did do the drive shaft even though it might spin off, still did it anyway. I basically sprayed the target area and then worked that area with my hands rubbing it around. This stuff goes a long way and will cover lots of area if you do it this way. Anything metal under there, I did my best to cover it. Use the can straw tube to get into tight places and openings inside the frame. Entire job takes about an hour. Basically crawling on your back working the length of the frame/chassis. Be care for potential paper cuts on your hands around sharper areas or weld joints.
Thanks brother, just ordered so after delivery i plan on applying before winter.

Reactions: RSK

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thus the Punisher was born!!

64F794A9-6D5F-4693-B6DE-166B94EF4720.jpeg

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
I did the red myself. I cut the Red Vinyl out with my Machine then I applied 3 coats of TopCoat Clear only on the middle rectangular area. Let it dry for a few hours and installed.

Reason for the clear coat was since this will get stepped on or scuffed, I didn't want the vinyl to easily peel up or off so hopefully the solid layer of Clear will help make it last longer plus it gave it a shiny look which just pops :D
You did a great job, looks perfect

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Updated my short list, which is getting longer every week!

- Mopar Jeep Mats
- Rugged Rigid Door Sills
- 8.4 Radio Glass Protection
- Mopar Wheel Locks
- Rydonair 13” Antenna
- Jeep Drink Coasters
- Roll bar Coat Hooks
- SoundSkin soundproof/deadener under floor carpet
- Small Yeti/Squatch decal on the front windshield
- Mirrortap and Radar Detector Mount
- Added Console Caddy
- Fluid Film Rust Protection on the frame/under carriage
- Tinted front windows to match the rear windows.
- Added Hushmat and Polyfill to the Soundbar & Dash speaker areas
- Bought two new Jeep Towels for those hot top off days
- ESS Smartstopstart wiring harness Installed
- Sound proofed all doors with SoundSkin
- Spiderweb Bikini Sunshade
- Added Vault Console Safe
- Mopar Steel Bumper Grille Winch Guard
- Small Compass decal added to windshield above the Jeep Easter egg.

Ready for the weekend!
All 4 doors removed for the first time and installed new JPeggz door-off mirrors with foot rest.

https://www.jpeggz.com/

Mainly ordered these mirrors for 3 reasons:
1) They fit both my JT & JK.
2) Other reviewers say they don’t move in the wind.
3) Made in the USA!

Next: Need some door hangers for the wall!

DE4959E5-F902-4315-B05C-C90F1C559387.jpeg

5FE02BBC-C7FB-473C-8E87-36B9B8CFAAB7.jpeg

A379236B-D3D9-4F61-B9EC-6476716433B2.jpeg

0286060C-F8C9-4489-A799-9F076DDB5D59.jpeg

2973E495-4954-46A2-BE30-E80340788B47.jpeg

15986817-B048-4EAA-AF2C-7E200EB5F9FC.jpeg

E5074D4B-AC97-46F2-8859-8D20F1568525.jpeg
What are your thoughts on the rugged ridge sill guards? They obviously cover more than the mopar guards. Any issues with fitment, any impact on doors etc? I love the look of the mopar stainless steel ones but I prefer function over looks and these look like they would provide much more protection at a much reduced price.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
New bumper and winch.

20190913_185807.jpg

Thoughts on the bumper? I’m really digging it with the overrider and I’ve got a 25% Qtec coupon that would make it really cheap. I also love the ARB Bondi bumper but I’m a bit concerned about cooling since it sort of sits up

EF0C849A-22FA-47FF-97F8-B9D5817BB486.jpeg

A1FAFF1C-4E26-4836-B1D1-124619FE3A62.jpeg

Last edited:

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What are your thoughts on the rugged ridge sill guards? They obviously cover more than the mopar guards. Any issues with fitment, any impact on doors etc? I love the look of the mopar stainless steel ones but I prefer function over looks and these look like they would provide much more protection at a much reduced price.
I bought the Mopar sills first and sent them back. Less coverage, not as attractive and just plastic on the Mopar ones.

The RR are very good IMO. They cover the top of the paint area that is more likely to get scuffed and longer too. Hard rubber, good fit with no door issues and look good. I think you will like them. I added some additional 3M VHB tape to make them even stronger when installed.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I bought the Mopar sills first and sent them back. Less coverage, not as attractive and just plastic on the Mopar ones.

The RR are very good IMO. They cover the top of the paint area that is more likely to get scuffed and longer too. Hard rubber, good fit with no door issues and look good. I think you will like them. I added some additional 3M VHB tape to make them even stronger when installed.
Thanks. I guess that is on the order list this week along with who knows what else. Amazing how much can be spent and other than my tonneau cover I haven't even started on the expensive stuff I really want (lift, new tires, maybe rims, etc)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Why was the original thread locked?

Regardless, Fluid Filmed the underside Friday and spent most of today tracking down a few squeaks and rattles that have shown up. Took the Freedom Panels off and lowered the window and silicone the seals and re-torqued the hard top fasteners and eliminated 95% of that problem.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks. I guess that is on the order list this week along with who knows what else. Amazing how much can be spent and other than my tonneau cover I haven't even started on the expensive stuff I really want (lift, new tires, maybe rims, etc)
Same here on the expensive stuff. Lift, bigger tires, soft doors, amp/speaker upgrade, etc all on the future list. I went to a local Jeep Fest yesterday and made me feel like I have even started yet. So much cool stuff out there.
Sponsored