Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

windyridge89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingray Gladiator Maxtow
Well not quite today but recently I installed the 80w solar panel and MPPT controller, second rear tow hook color matched the other one so carmel colored same with front shackles. Oh and I have installed aux back up lights too.
Now on what did I do with my JT today. A temporary installation of operator enhanced mobility devices.... :( crutches for the owner. A few days before a going away for 4 wheeling on 4 wheeler. Quick tip for anyone if you are going to need crutches have someone go to Walmart or something and buy them $40 or pay the marked up price of $300 or more at Dr. / Hospital.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] gladiator rod rack

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] gladiator rod rack
Where did you get that max tow decal?
And any photos of the hood with the solar panel further out? Looks awesome

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I just installed my @RebelOffRoad Xplor Half-rack and Access tonneau cover.

Big ups to the cats over at Rebel Off-road my 8 boxes shipped next business day. Install of the rack was easy and the thing is solid. In hindsight I would’ve installed the rack uprights first and then the cover then the rest of the rack and saved myself a couple bumps on the head trying to align the cover.

I dig the look and now I’m RTT shopping. I think I’m going to ’borrow’ an idea from @MarcusB and rattle can the outward facing bolts Firecracker Red.

Looks great! I may do that cover with my full height XPLOR

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Looks great! I may do that cover with my full height XPLOR
I have to be straight with you. The cover is a pain for a couple of reasons:
  • Due to the mounting of the rack I can’t get the tonneau rails to line up straight. So to close I have to do some forceable manual adjustment. Maybe it will settle in place after I while IDK. not a deal breaker but an FYI.
  • Rolling it up/opening might be easier with the full rack. With the half rack it’s easy enough to open the first section but because of limited access to the sides with the half-rack I have to get in the bed to open it all the way. Thankfully I don’t need to do that often.
  • Its not as water proof in car washes as the mopar soft cover was. Thankfully we don’t get a lot of rain in Vegas for this to be an issue.
  • I need semi-secure storage because I leave folding chairs and stuff for my kids sports and practices In the bed 88% of the time. It works fine for this use case.

Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I have to be straight with you. The cover is a pain for a couple of reasons:
  • Due to the mounting of the rack I can’t get the tonneau rails to line up straight. So to close I have to do some forceable manual adjustment. Maybe it will settle in place after I while IDK. not a deal breaker but an FYI.
  • Rolling it up/opening might be easier with the full rack. With the half rack it’s easy enough to open the first section but because of limited access to the sides with the half-rack I have to get in the bed to open it all the way. Thankfully I don’t need to do that often.
  • Its not as water proof in car washes as the mopar soft cover was. Thankfully we don’t get a lot of rain in Vegas for this to be an issue.
  • I need semi-secure storage because I leave folding chairs and stuff for my kids sports and practices In the bed 88% of the time. It works fine for this use case.
Thanks! I'm mainly trying to keep things out of the elements like you said...camp chairs and such

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
That was a lot of video to say they added a spacer lift like every other Jeep.
Notes from the YouTube video page for perspective:

• The Mojave was designed around speed desert running (thus the desert rated badge) similar to the marketing around the Ford Raptor. Some of the general differences are:
  • Multiple Frame Reinforcements
  • Fox 2.5 Internal Bypass Shocks with Remote Reservoirs
  • Fox Hydraulic Front Bump Stops
  • Factory-Tuned Custom Performance Springs
  • Cast Steel Knuckles
  • Raised Steel Hood
  • Rear Locker, 2.72 T-Case
  • Performance Steering Wheel, Extra Bolstered Seats w/Orange Stitching, Gunmetal Textured Dash, etc.

To lift the Gladiator, there is no point in replacing the amazing Fox suspension system (as you paid a premium for it), so we worked with Teraflex to design us a specific spring spacer kit with matching shock extensions. This method will give us 2" of lift front/rear while maintaining the proper positioning of the shocks such that they operate as designed.

The end result of all this is arguably the best Gladiator configuration on the road (or off). It's the best of all worlds.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Notes from the YouTube video page for perspective:

• The Mojave was designed around speed desert running (thus the desert rated badge) similar to the marketing around the Ford Raptor. Some of the general differences are:
  • Multiple Frame Reinforcements
  • Fox 2.5 Internal Bypass Shocks with Remote Reservoirs
  • Fox Hydraulic Front Bump Stops
  • Factory-Tuned Custom Performance Springs
  • Cast Steel Knuckles
  • Raised Steel Hood
  • Rear Locker, 2.72 T-Case
  • Performance Steering Wheel, Extra Bolstered Seats w/Orange Stitching, Gunmetal Textured Dash, etc.

To lift the Gladiator, there is no point in replacing the amazing Fox suspension system (as you paid a premium for it), so we worked with Teraflex to design us a specific spring spacer kit with matching shock extensions. This method will give us 2" of lift front/rear while maintaining the proper positioning of the shocks such that they operate as designed.

The end result of all this is arguably the best Gladiator configuration on the road (or off). It's the best of all worlds.
I hear you can even do trophy truck type jumps in it, just like the Raptor. Just make sure to post the vid.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thats funny stuff.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] giphy
I just realized you have a Rubicon and this really isn’t relevant for you. However, it’s beyond interesting and fun for the engineer in me.

Jeep Wave.

Sponsored

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I hear you can even do trophy truck type jumps in it, just like the Raptor. Just make sure to post the vid.
I don’t know what that is but I’ll stand intrigued. Anything to engineer smart and realize adventure.

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Tried to order rock sliders to ship to Alaska.... big mistake. Shipping alone was almost half of what it cost online. After a friend recommended trying a local shop to fabricate, i had these fabricated. They are now off for finishing and decided using bedliner for painting. Here they are for fitting.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Front view slider
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Rear view slider

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Side view

Finishing the install hopefully tomorrow...

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Tried to order rock sliders to ship to Alaska.... big mistake. Shipping alone was almost half of what it cost online. After a friend recommended trying a local shop to fabricate, i had these fabricated. They are now off for finishing and decided using bedliner for painting. Here they are for fitting.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Side view

Finishing the install hopefully tomorrow...
thats awesome looking! Really cool that a local shop was able to fab them.

Hutzell

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Design
Added Rustys winch plate and got my winch in in about 2 hours this evening. Winch plate is quality and fit easily!

FDD7B171-4FA0-4B89-B649-F94CD19BF436.jpeg

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Cleaned up the dash wiring a bit. I have the dash cam wire hidden along the top of the windshield, and radar detector along the bottom. Way better than the mess of cables I had before.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201029_180337

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201029_180341

20201029_180347.jpg
Sponsored