Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Put on the Mopar cab cover - weather this week in AZ is perfect for having the top off, so the Overland is getting tucked in with its new cover nightly.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201031_174840
Sponsored

Last edited:

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Took out stock front bumper bezels to paint them body color. Replaced them with black ones until the paint cures and can be ceramic coated.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DEBCB483-0E13-470F-B14F-B5B509315226
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DEBCB483-0E13-470F-B14F-B5B509315226
Looks great. Did they pop out from the front with a trim removal tool or a flat bladed screw driver or did you have have to take bumper out to take them off from the back side?

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Put on the Mopar cab cover - weather this week in AZ is perfect for having the top.off, so the Overland is getting tucked in with its new cover nightly.

Cover looks good. Review on Quadratec and other places are horrible for fit and finish. How do you like it and what are your thoughts?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Took out stock front bumper bezels to paint them body color. Replaced them with black ones until the paint cures and can be ceramic coated.
Great idea. I hate the silver colored bezels. Can you order all the body colors paint in spray cans? How much is it per can?

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
A little Bleach White and scrub on the white tire letters. Should of put them facing in. I forgot that it takes a little work to keep them clean. Can't do brown dirty letters!

glad2.5.jpg

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Cover looks good. Review on Quadratec and other places are horrible for fit and finish. How do you like it and what are your thoughts?
Like many things in life, there's just a bit of room for improvement - I've only put it on a few times, so maybe it needs a little breaking in. The top fitment could be a bit more taut (in case of rain) and the windshield portion isn't completely flush - maybe with time it'll relax a bit. Overall I'm happy with it - the best part is it folds up quite small and has a storage bag. I have no qualms with the finish at all.

Barticus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Looks great. Did they pop out from the front with a trim removal tool or a flat bladed screw driver or did you have have to take bumper out to take them off from the back side?
There is one bolt on the back of them. You need to open the back panel on the bumper enough to reach it. The rest of it I just used a trim tool to pry out. If I’m not explaining it well enough, I can get you pictures.

Barticus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Great idea. I hate the silver colored bezels. Can you order all the body colors paint in spray cans? How much is it per can?
I ordered the body color and a can of clear coat (both spray cans from Mopar). They seem to have all the body colors. I got them from Quadratec but amazon carries them too. Around $15 to 18 per can.
I’m pretty pleased with the results so far. This picture doesn’t do it justice. The metal flake looks good in the light.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4DE7C3FE-BB19-43C2-A30B-AAD661F696DE

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
There is one bolt on the back of them. You need to open the back panel on the bumper enough to reach it. The rest of it I just used a trim tool to pry out. If I’m not explaining it well enough, I can get you pictures.
You're good. I will look at it when I pull the cover panels out to change the fog lamp bulbs.
Thanks your comments. I think it looks great body colored. Mine is white, so I'll check out factory bright white paint as you mentioned.

Sponsored

Barticus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
You're good. I will look at it when I pull the cover panels out to change the fog lamp bulbs.
Thanks your comments. I think it looks great body colored. Mine is white, so I'll check out factory bright white paint as you mentioned.
I love the look of your truck. The retro stripes and wheels look amazing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Added this little tray for a tiny bit of storage.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4DE7C3FE-BB19-43C2-A30B-AAD661F696DE
My wife gave me that one, the console tray and a couple other little storage things last Christmas. Love that little thing - keep things handy, and no drilling.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look of your truck. The retro stripes and wheels look amazing.
I whole-heartedly agree. Those stripes - his truck wears it all very well.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Daystar 3/4" lift spacers. Fronts - simple. Less than an hour start to finish. Rears, not much worse but those stupid upper spring isolators for the rear springs suck. I finally used 3M 008001 to glue them up in place so I could work the springs back in with the spacers and not have those isolators up there fall out or get messed up.

I waffled a bit after putting just the front spacers in - loved the look with less rake, but then those max tow rear springs cut a tiny bit off the height of the rear when I put those in months ago and just didn't like the rear sitting even 1/8" lower than with the original springs.
So I ended up putting the spacers rear and front.

3/4" ain't much at all but my real goal was gain back some of what I lost with the steel bumper, 82 pound winch and steel skid plate.

Funny thing - the Daystar kit instructions were great - not that I really needed them since I had already swapped springs and shocks and whatever - but one thing bothered me just a little -
For the rears, it said "remove bottom spring isolators" and install their spacer.
Well, my truck had NO isolators or pads or anything under the rear springs. Never did. It was spring against steel pad from day 1.

Are these supposed to have some isolator pads UNDER the rear springs? The fronts have top and bottom (the lower being a harder material, the upper being a soft pad) and the rears on mine only had those upper ones that kept falling and annoying me until I glued them.

I guess the spacers act as isolators now!

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My wife gave me that one, the console tray and a couple other little storage things last Christmas. Love that little thing - keep things handy, and no drilling.
Funny, I just ordered that last night!!! Excellent :clap:
Sponsored