What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 2CD435B4-2FC8-4F9C-A88E-136411F00421

Getting into the holiday spirit! I used a wreath made to plug into a 12v cigarette lighter, but instead of running it into the cab, I installed a 12v plug under the hood and wired it to an aux switch. Now I can turn it on and off from the console. There’s probably an easier way, but this honestly wasn’t that hard.
Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
On our very first trip, I handed these to my wife to install while I drove. Took 10 seconds and wow, what a difference. I love the metal feel and they look like it was designed this way in the first place. Looks great with the Hydro blue! I highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081LBM473

Bonus: I also installed a 8.4" screen protector on day 1. Peeled off the factory plastic, used a sticker to remove a couple dust particles and it went on so easily. You cannot see it's even there, but now I have full peace of mind. I'm not afraid to touch the screen and the surface have a very nice smart phone like feel to it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SC8VWNL

IMG_20201125_151040.jpg

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Finally got around to installing the bumper Sunday, finished in the dark due to an unscheduled carbide burr purchase. Good fit after I removed all the superfluous brackets from the old skidplate. A friend wants to fill the holes with amber lights hooked to turn signals, we'll see. Have to put front license plate on somehow as well. @AllMoparParts.com is sending me the trim piece to finish it for now (Spring for a winch?).
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201130_222142474 - Copy

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the Ebay unit? Looks great!

LancGladiatorGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Occupation
LEO
I had Time yesterday to install the Rebel Off-road XPlor full rack , everything was perfect fit & finish great hardware and instructions. Very stout build. I just used heavy tie-wraps to hold my traction boards until i get some mounts.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201130_222142474 - Copy

How much taller is it than the top? Or is it even?

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Yes, the $435+tax delivered one. Needed the OEM skidplate, the part is the JLR's in fact.

I have MANY nuts and bolts left over, and I'll pull it apart when I finally get a winch and install the included HEAVY winch plate, but I'm VERY pleased with the result. No directions but just figure you'll pull your old wiring harness and use a few zip ties.

Is that the Ebay unit? Looks great!

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the $435+tax delivered one. Needed the OEM skidplate, the part is the JLR's in fact.

I have MANY nuts and bolts left over, and I'll pull it apart when I finally get a winch and install the included HEAVY winch plate, but I'm VERY pleased with the result. No directions but just figure you'll pull your old wiring harness and use a few zip ties.
Great!! Thanks

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
On our very first trip, I handed these to my wife to install while I drove. Took 10 seconds and wow, what a difference. I love the metal feel and they look like it was designed this way in the first place. Looks great with the Hydro blue! I highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081LBM473

Bonus: I also installed a 8.4" screen protector on day 1. Peeled off the factory plastic, used a sticker to remove a couple dust particles and it went on so easily. You cannot see it's even there, but now I have full peace of mind. I'm not afraid to touch the screen and the surface have a very nice smart phone like feel to it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SC8VWNL

Did you get the ring for the light switch?

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Did you get the ring for the light switch?
Shoot...no, I did not. I didn't even know that was an option until you said something.

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
After many "wasted" hours (according to my bride) researching the many combinations, I finally decided on a roof rack/basket combo. What I found very confusing was whether or not use the rain gutters on the Freedom Panels. Mopar distinctly says "NO", while many do indeed use them.

The other issue I still have a problem with is weight capacity. If the JT roof can only support ~140 pounds, why in the world would you have steel baskets that weigh ~40 pounds? By the time you take into account the weight of the crossbars, brackets and basket, you're left about 90 pounds of capacity.

In any case, I settled on Thule Evo Wingbars and a large Yakima Off-Grid basket. There is a surprisingly low amount of additional wind noise - at least when not loaded.

And by only attaching the bars to the gutters on the fixed roof, I can still remove the Freedom Panels without removing the rack/basket. The other things I like about the Off-Grid is that you can easily remove the wind deflector and basket cross bars for loading long flat stuff.

Like anything in life, it's certainly not perfect but fits my needs - at least at this point.....

Having other accesories to use on the racks and needing to remove the basket and reinstall I wanted to mark the position on the Wing Bars so I wasn't out there fooling around with a tape measure.

I tried tape and magic markers but found that the most effective - and not permanent - was using an old time grease pencil or China Marker. It's almost unnoticeable until it's needed and can be wiped off when needed. The white pencil on the black bars is easy to see and I'm sure a black pencil on an aluminum bar would work just as well.

Sometimes simple is better....
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2052
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2054
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2055
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2057

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
So I bought these little plastic covers that go over exposed bolts and such. I don't know why I decided to get them. I guess I was just curious. Anyway, I didn't put them all on because it is a Jeep after all. There's probably 10 of them. Here's the only ones I used.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201201_171235
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201201_171258