Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Passive entry installed.
Just in time, too. It was 50 when I started at 9:10 this am, it hit the upper 20s by the time I was done.
It's all setup and works fine.
There was one part that broke - not sure where to get a replacement, will probably cost an arm and leg to get it replaced.
That little black vinyl sticky dot they put over the door handle screw access hole - the vinyl came off fine but the adhesive layer stayed on the door. Bummer.
Nice! did you follow the write up in the thread on the forum? Doing that is on my list of "to dos" but i havent started getting the components yet.

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
Passive entry installed.
Just in time, too. It was 50 when I started at 9:10 this am, it hit the upper 20s by the time I was done.
There was one part that broke - not sure where to get a replacement, will probably cost an arm and leg to get it replaced.
That little black vinyl sticky dot they put over the door handle screw access hole - the vinyl came off fine but the adhesive layer stayed on the door. Bummer.
Ha! Installed my passive entry today as well and broke the same piece! And itā€™s gonna bug me until I get a replacement sticky dot. And if it doesnā€™t match the other one exactly, even though no one will ever see it...

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Passive entry installed.
LOL! Based on how your comments sounded like you r rally wanted this installed I was going to comment a couple days ago that I thought you would have this installed before Christmas, but kept my mouth shut! Glad you got it done - I had it from the factory and wouldnā€™t have it any other way.
If the vinyl dot is still in good shape I would think that some double side tape - not that foam stuff but just the thin layer adhesive- would make it work. Maybe just a shot of 3m adhesive spray to the dot would work, if you have any. I just found a spray can of that 3m adhesive on a back shelf which is what made me think of it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! Installed my passive entry today as well and broke the same piece! And itā€™s gonna bug me until I get a replacement sticky dot. And if it doesnā€™t match the other one exactly, even though no one will ever see it...
Thank you! So I'm NOT the only one that's going to bug! OCD........

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL! Based on how your comments sounded like you r rally wanted this installed I was going to comment a couple days ago that I thought you would have this installed before Christmas, but kept my mouth shut! Glad you got it done - I had it from the factory and wouldnā€™t have it any other way.
If the vinyl dot is still in good shape I would think that some double side tape - not that foam stuff but just the thin layer adhesive- would make it work. Maybe just a shot of 3m adhesive spray to the dot would work, if you have any. I just found a spray can of that 3m adhesive on a back shelf which is what made me think of it.
Wow, now why did I not think of those solutions! I have the Scotch brand double-sides clear tape on hand as I use that to put the protective film on the blast cabinet glass (on the inside)
And I DO have the 3M spray adhesive as well for use in restorations, repairs, and to spray on gasket paper I use to make the strips under the clamp of a Ford 4.5" starter among other things.

So simple and here I was thinking complicated stuff.

I would have done the project yesterday as it reached 52 yesterday but we had a funeral to go to. We got up today to find it was 50 out, and fairly humid so it felt a bit warmer. I mentioned that maybe I should be working on that today. My wife jumped in and said "you've wanted to get it done before really bad weather so you didn't have to mess with gloves and fob buttons, get yourself out there and do it". That's all it took.

Funny you mention Christmas - so did my wife. In fact when I told her I had the parts ordered, she said "Merry Christmas, I never know what to get you anyway".

We told the sales guy last year I wanted the passive entry - oh, yeah, that's checked. Well, it wasn't. So disappointed when it came in without that system. The last few Grand Cherokees have had passive entry and so we knew we wanted it on this.
Now we do! Like my wife says - have the key with you and never need to touch it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! did you follow the write up in the thread on the forum? Doing that is on my list of "to dos" but i havent started getting the components yet.
Yeah, sort of - so much of it's been covered, I just mentioned the things I found or did a bit differently.

big0729

First Name
Joe Gags
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
VP
Got it Saturday but today I put rugged ridge door sills on because somehow in 2020 this isn't standard.... this jeep had everything I wanted and was bascially loaded but some strange way didn't have proximity key...so got that on order and got in line for those....

132038179_10100619420240797_1737641085587053253_o.jpg
She's a beaut Clark!!!!

Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Rokblokz on the front. I have them for the back, but didn't have time to install, and it was too cold. They stick back more than expected, but worth it because 98 percent of my tire is covered.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] EE69B628-08E2-4D7F-9695-39E1A97F4A37
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] EE69B628-08E2-4D7F-9695-39E1A97F4A37
Its like a pretty girl with a muatache

mdhaman

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
business owner
Installed a 2.5 inch lift up front, and a 3/4 Daystar spacer to level the rear, added 35 inch KO2 tires, and pro comp wheels. I also trimmed the fenders, and added Quake LED DRL lights to the chop brackets, on my 2021 Sport S Max tow.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] FFE7260C-E607-48E2-8D1F-8D30CABE20D2

Last edited:

Shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2020 JT
Occupation
Sales
After much contemplation, I ordered the LOD Armor Lite rocksliders. Not sure you can call anything made of aluminum a rockslider, so I ordered the steel reinforcement plates as a precaution to help protect the investment.
They won't be here until sometime in January...but my RokBlokz order should be here today in time for Christmas...fingers crossed. :)

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Finally got the last major bits of my overlanding build finished yesterday so I'll throw in:
2020 JTR with just about every stock option available. 2.5ā€ Icon lift with custom rear springs for all the added weight. 37ā€ Toyo R/Tā€™s on Black Rhino Madness Wheels:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] FFE7260C-E607-48E2-8D1F-8D30CABE20D2

Slightly modified factory steel bumper. Removed side wings, installed Warn Winch, added FrogFab shackle mounts

Added Alu-Cab Canopy and cargo slide

Mounted the Trail Kitchen (overlandkitchen.com) that came out of my JKUR

Driver's side cupboard filled with air equipment (haven't decided whether I want to mount the ARB dual compressor yet)

Passenger side cupboard has recovery gear

Storage cubes in the forward section of the cargo slide with chairs, water, etc. accessible forward of the cupboards. Not pictured is the Waterport that I just mounted on the Trail Rail

Added some perimeter lighting on both sides contolled by a Trigger 4 Plus that allows us to control lighting in the shell and perimeter from inside the RTT.

James Baroud RTT and Awning

There's a bunch of other minor details but those are the big nuggets.

Not a lot left that I want to do. Probably rock lights to complete the perimeter lighting theme.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the last major bits of my overlanding build finished yesterday so I'll throw in:
2020 JTR with just about every stock option available. 2.5ā€ Icon lift with custom rear springs for all the added weight. 37ā€ Toyo R/Tā€™s on Black Rhino Madness Wheels:
01_LiftedGladiator.jpg

Slightly modified factory steel bumper. Removed side wings, installed Warn Winch, added FrogFab shackle mounts
02_FrontBumper.jpeg

Added Alu-Cab Canopy and cargo slide
03_CargoSlide.jpeg

Mounted the Trail Kitchen (overlandkitchen.com) that came out of my JKUR
04_CargoSlidewithKitchen.jpeg

05_ExtendedKitchen.jpeg

Driver's side cupboard filled with air equipment (haven't decided whether I want to mount the ARB dual compressor yet)
07_CupboardAir.jpeg

Passenger side cupboard has recovery gear
08_CupboardRecovery.jpeg

Storage cubes in the forward section of the cargo slide with chairs, water, etc. accessible forward of the cupboards. Not pictured is the Waterport that I just mounted on the Trail Rail
09_ForwardCupboard.jpeg

Added some perimeter lighting on both sides contolled by a Trigger 4 Plus that allows us to control lighting in the shell and perimeter from inside the RTT.
10_PerimeterLighting.jpeg

James Baroud RTT and Awning
11_RearAwning.jpeg

There's a bunch of other minor details but those are the big nuggets.

Not a lot left that I want to do. Probably rock lights to complete the perimeter lighting theme.
I guess we'll be hearing back from you in about 2, maybe 3 years, after you finish driving completely around the world?
Looks like you are ready for the Outback - watch out for those kangaroos, they look cute but can be mean.
That's gotta be one of the best equipped trucks I've ever seen! And it looks good, too.
Sponsored