Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Finally got the last major bits of my overlanding build finished yesterday so I'll throw in:
2020 JTR with just about every stock option available. 2.5” Icon lift with custom rear springs for all the added weight. 37” Toyo R/T’s on Black Rhino Madness Wheels:
01_LiftedGladiator.jpg

Slightly modified factory steel bumper. Removed side wings, installed Warn Winch, added FrogFab shackle mounts
02_FrontBumper.jpeg

Added Alu-Cab Canopy and cargo slide
03_CargoSlide.jpeg

Mounted the Trail Kitchen (overlandkitchen.com) that came out of my JKUR
04_CargoSlidewithKitchen.jpeg

05_ExtendedKitchen.jpeg

Driver's side cupboard filled with air equipment (haven't decided whether I want to mount the ARB dual compressor yet)
07_CupboardAir.jpeg

Passenger side cupboard has recovery gear
08_CupboardRecovery.jpeg

Storage cubes in the forward section of the cargo slide with chairs, water, etc. accessible forward of the cupboards. Not pictured is the Waterport that I just mounted on the Trail Rail
09_ForwardCupboard.jpeg

Added some perimeter lighting on both sides contolled by a Trigger 4 Plus that allows us to control lighting in the shell and perimeter from inside the RTT.
10_PerimeterLighting.jpeg

James Baroud RTT and Awning
11_RearAwning.jpeg

There's a bunch of other minor details but those are the big nuggets.

Not a lot left that I want to do. Probably rock lights to complete the perimeter lighting theme.
That rear awning is nice; do you happen to know if their 270 awning would fit on a bed cap?
Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That rear awning is nice; do you happen to know if their 270 awning would fit on a bed cap?
Sorry, I have no specific knowledge that it will but I have to assume that it would. Like my rear awning, it’s all a function of what you have to anchor it to. My AluCab cap has rails running along the top on both sides, which is what my awning brackets and riser bars are anchored to. I have to assume that any 270 awning brand would be able to attach to those rails with some bracket setup.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Something small.
Added little plastic covers to the inside door bolt head. Found em on ebay.

ACDC138D-1A06-439B-B3D6-C176F81B6F9C.jpeg

BAA44488-9C69-437B-BE6D-B3CB6A17BE38.jpeg

63EE8751-E178-42D4-ADB9-C6E7778E7C04.jpeg

408EE51A-F454-4BFF-9BC7-35B5D9B25055.jpeg
When I first saw this, I thought it was ridiculous! Now that I have my gladiator, the first thing I noticed when I opened the door was “I need to cover those hideous bolts!”

Cant find them on Amazon or eBay...

Do you have a link to these?

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
When I first saw this, I thought it was ridiculous! Now that I have my gladiator, the first thing I noticed when I opened the door was “I need to cover those hideous bolts!”

Cant find them on Amazon or eBay...

Do you have a link to these?
Screenshot_20201224-133642_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Thanks, but I still can’t find it...almost like it’s not available anymore...do you have a link?

Edit...found it

Thanks!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We took my JT to the funeral of my wife's mother Tuesday. My wife's cousin Ralph, a 65 year old farmer and lover of trucks and tractors saw my JT there and walked over to it and commented on how much he liked the blue, but then he said "you know what I really love about these?" and he pointed to the door hinges and exposed bolts and such" - I love these heavy-duty looking hinges and the bolts you can see. Makes them look tough and industrial".
In other words - he really likes the Jeep exposed bolts and screws and the heavy-looking hinges you can see.
And like he said "you can actually work on these things".

My wife's Aunt Norma was also there, she's in her 70s, and she was driving her 98 Wrangler Sport with the 4.0. I commented on it and she said "it's so fun and reliable" - it was her husband's before he died and she just can't get rid of it she likes it so much.

Anywho - while some are covering up bolts and screws - some, even older than me, love the look of the exposed parts.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

MojaveAZ2020

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Training Manager
We took my JT to the funeral of my wife's mother Tuesday. My wife's cousin Ralph, a 65 year old farmer and lover of trucks and tractors saw my JT there and walked over to it and commented on how much he liked the blue, but then he said "you know what I really love about these?" and he pointed to the door hinges and exposed bolts and such" - I love these heavy-duty looking hinges and the bolts you can see. Makes them look tough and industrial".
In other words - he really likes the Jeep exposed bolts and screws and the heavy-looking hinges you can see.
And like he said "you can actually work on these things".

My wife's Aunt Norma was also there, she's in her 70s, and she was driving her 98 Wrangler Sport with the 4.0. I commented on it and she said "it's so fun and reliable" - it was her husband's before he died and she just can't get rid of it she likes it so much.

Anywho - while some are covering up bolts and screws - some, even older than me, love the look of the exposed parts.
Sorry for the loss in your family. May your family find healing and peace as you celebrate their life.

NavyAustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Sting-Gray
Occupation
Old Sailor, Adjective Wrangler
First mod! Rydonair stubby radio antenna (Christmas present from son) to replace the factory metal rod.

As posted on the Amazon reviews, the screw on the antenna and adapter had black paint on the threads, so I buffed those with steel wool for better electrical contact. That said, enjoying SiriuxXM so much I have yet to listen to AM-FM!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201225_161815
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201225_161830
Sponsored