First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
im no where near that smart or confident in my wiring skills.

im still putting off hardwiring a dash cam to my aux switches because im not confident id do it right.
Just keep a box of fuses handy, you'll be fine. Oh, and always resist the urge to grab an overloaded/smoking wire 😄.
Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
im no where near that smart or confident in my wiring skills.
Easy enough to check with a pig tail to pin 7 and pin 1 - pop it into reverse...
Do you have a list of parts and links ?

902B32EA-2AC0-40A0-8E30-CE4C6E029C85.jpeg

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
If you're like me - you'll only do it once.
I did it once on a project that I was custom building/wiring.

I had the wiring mocked up (about 6 hours to do) but had not installed it yet. So, I was just powering it up off of jumpers and didn't have a fuse wired in. Then, of course on my last test, I reversed polarity and... poof up in smoke. That wire burnt like a mother while I pulled it and gave me a nice burn/slice into my palm.

The wire now hangs in the garage by the work bench to remind me of my stupidity. I intentionally hung it so I hit my head on it from time to time as a long time reminder.:headbang:

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Do you happen to have/could you take some pics of how you accomplished keeping the liners? They look great, and am thinking about upgrading to those!
I bought the quake led fender chop for my sport s and figured out away to keep my inner fender instead of tossing it away. I absolutely love the look of it and they are super bright as well!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 902B32EA-2AC0-40A0-8E30-CE4C6E029C85

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 902B32EA-2AC0-40A0-8E30-CE4C6E029C85

Do you have a post or any pictures on how you accomplished that? Inquiring minds would like to know.

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Jeep Gladiator Sport S on a 2in AEV spacer lift and 35 in tires
Do you happen to have/could you take some pics of how you accomplished keeping the liners? They look great, and am thinking about upgrading to those!
Yeah here are some pictures of the inner fender.

B064BD29-7E3A-42E6-B345-9606368AC759.jpeg

E745D1A3-DC16-431E-B74A-2BE96BE292F8.jpeg

87B23A00-1E58-44A5-9311-C64D7477B30B.jpeg

26DE027A-1E8A-4E24-BFDA-2102DA984A28.jpeg

E14DEE44-D8D5-470A-8134-79C2135CA8C7.jpeg

8480B39F-3450-41A6-B84C-91DB583DF6F4.jpeg

7BFC055B-8871-46DA-8FEA-E8CE1EF4A49C.jpeg

eyekode

First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, WRX, Miata, Sienna
Occupation
Software dev
the loop is a mix of interstate, highway, stop light to stop light, and back country hilly/windy road.

going to regear to 4.88 in a couple weeks. The difference right now is the pulsar and mopar intake.
Onw note on mpg: we should be clear if the number is hand calculated or what the computer says. I have yet to own a car where the computer mpg matches dividing number of miles driven/gallons added. Another variable: the number of miles driven is dependent on what the computer thinks the diameter of the wheel is. If you change the diameter of the wheel without telling the computer then the miles traveled are not correct.
I am currently getting 16mpg with my new sport s max tow (max tow) with stock wheels. This is hand calculated but assumes the computer has the correct wheel diameter (I have not verufied). And I drive like the old man I am becoming.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Onw note on mpg: we should be clear if the number is hand calculated or what the computer says. I have yet to own a car where the computer mpg matches dividing number of miles driven/gallons added. Another variable: the number of miles driven is dependent on what the computer thinks the diameter of the wheel is. If you change the diameter of the wheel without telling the computer then the miles traveled are not correct.
I am currently getting 16mpg with my new sport s max tow (max tow) with stock wheels. This is hand calculated but assumes the computer has the correct wheel diameter (I have not verufied). And I drive like the old man I am becoming.
it matters more that the method you use is consistent. They arent off by that much. The pulsar adjusts for tire size, and I determined my diameter measurement with the circumference method At pressure on the rim. If anything, Im closer to spot on now and the number was optimistic at stock and the improvement is greater. its not like the gauge is reading 21 and im actually getting 17.

i always chuckle when we hear how horribly inaccurate your avg mpg reading from the ecu is; yet the ecu somehow still so precisely controls the vehicle’s air/fuel ratio that changes, like an intake, cant possibly make any improvement.

if someone is that worried about it, i can do another hand calc and see how off it is. the time i checked it stock i decided it was close enough i was t going to be a hand calc or it doesnt count guy. 🤷

Sponsored

eyekode

First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, WRX, Miata, Sienna
Occupation
Software dev
it matters more that the method you use is consistent. They arent off by that much. The pulsar adjusts for tire size, and I determined my diameter measurement with the circumference method At pressure on the rim. If anything, Im closer to spot on now and the number was optimistic at stock and the improvement is greater. its not like the gauge is reading 21 and im actually getting 17.

i always chuckle when we hear how horribly inaccurate your avg mpg reading from the ecu is; yet the ecu somehow still so precisely controls the vehicle’s air/fuel ratio that changes, like an intake, cant possibly make any improvement.
My WRX is direct injected. Fuel delivery doesn't get much more accurate. And yet the mpg it calculates is usually off by at least 10%.

I don't have many fill ups yet with the Jeep but every time I compared the computer to calculated by hand the jeep has been off by more than 10%. I don't understand how they get this wrong. But they do.

By the way I use fuelly to track milage. I don't find it a hastle at all.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
My WRX is direct injected. Fuel delivery doesn't get much more accurate. The mpg it calculates is usually off by at least 10%.

The times I have compared my hand calculated to the jeep computer it was of by even more. It is my mind how they get this wrong. But they do.

By the way I use fuelly to track milage. I don't find it a hastle at all.
i doubt youre seeing 4-6mpg swings off your mpg gauge, and i doubt its 3 low one tank and 2 high the next. It’s probably more consistent than that.

what do you do to ensure your odometer is completely accurate?

ill do another hand calc if it satisfies you; but the 4mpg jump i had from the pulsar and intake wasnt just instrumentation.

ive never tested it; but i wonder if inaccuracy would increase based on high injector load in open loop tables vice closed loop.

Last edited:

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
I bought the quake led fender chop for my sport s and figured out away to keep my inner fender instead of tossing it away. I absolutely love the look of it and they are super bright as well!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7BFC055B-8871-46DA-8FEA-E8CE1EF4A49C

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7BFC055B-8871-46DA-8FEA-E8CE1EF4A49C

Do you have a link? I looked and saw Rubicon only... i have an Overland as well. Also considering the American Adventure Labs too.
Sponsored