First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, WRX, Miata, Sienna
Occupation
Software dev
i doubt youre seeing 4-6mpg swings off your mpg gauge, and i doubt its 3 low one tank and 2 high the next. It’s probably more consistent than that.

what do you do to ensure your odometer is completely accurate?

ill do another hand calc if it satisfies you; but the 4mpg jump i had from the pulsar and intake wasnt just instrumentation.

ive never tested it; but i wonder if inaccuracy would increase based on high injector load in open loop tables vice closed loop.
At least on my vehicles the computers always overestimate mpg. And the % off is consistent between fill ups. Not sure why.

As for odometer accuracy: comparing speedo to gps speed is the easiest method. Can also compare gps distance traveled to the odometer distance.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
At least on my vehicles the computers always overestimate mpg. And the % off is consistent between fill ups. Not sure why.
and that is more or less my point i guess. even if its “off” its going to be off (typically) consistently. So if was 17 before and 21 after when the gauge showed 18 and 22, what difference does it make

As for odometer accuracy: comparing speedo to gps speed is the easiest method. Can also compare gps distance traveled to the odometer distance.
i dont think so, unless you have recalibrated for your tire size stock, since they over state the tire size from stock and youre off by about 3% anyway. I dont know of plugging yoir phone in constantly corrects the odometer or not.

are wrx’s still blowing #4 ringlands or did they get that sorted?

eyekode

First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software dev
and that is more or less my point i guess. even if its “off” its going to be off (typically) consistently. So if was 17 before and 21 after when the gauge showed 18 and 22, what difference does it make

i dont think so, unless you have recalibrated for your tire size stock, since they over state the tire size from stock and youre off by about 3% anyway. I dont know of plugging yoir phone in constantly corrects the odometer or not.

are wrx’s still blowing #4 ringlands or did they get that sorted?
I wasnt saying your number is "wrong". Just that it isn't easy to compare with other users numbers unless they are calculating the same way. You know: your milage may vary.

As for the WRX: unmodified they are quite reliable. But it is rare to find an unmodified one!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I wasnt saying your number is "wrong". Just that it isn't easy to compare with other users numbers unless they are calculating the same way. You know: your milage may vary.

As for the WRX: unmodified they are quite reliable. But it is rare to find an unmodified one!
oh i didnt necessarily think you were. Its academic to me.

thats good. I had enough subaru’s to know messing with them is a surefire way to burning oil or worse.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Being old folk here, I’ve own several vehicles in my life. From a 69 Gran Torino 428 Cobra Jet, Hummer H2 and a Corvette Z06 coupe. My father gave me an old Buick Estate wagon with a 455 in it when I was 16. He said it might get horrible gas mileage but if you like driving it you’ll keep putting gas in it no matter what mileage it gets. Holds true today. I bought mine for the utility not the gas mileage. Besides, Jeep is synonymous with jerry cans and roto packs just like my Gran Torino and Corvette were with a lead foot. Ahhhhh. The good ole days.

Sponsored

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Jeep Gladiator Sport S on a 2in AEV spacer lift and 35 in tires
Do you have a link? I looked and saw Rubicon only... i have an Overland as well. Also considering the American Adventure Labs too. Yeah i have a link for it. I really like the quake because they are in Denver which is an hour away from me and they had them is stock but American adventure lab had them on back log. https://quakeled.com/jeep-wrangler-...chback-turn-signal-and-side-marker-light.html That’s the website link.
Yeah here are some pictures of the inner fender.

B064BD29-7E3A-42E6-B345-9606368AC759.jpeg

E745D1A3-DC16-431E-B74A-2BE96BE292F8.jpeg

87B23A00-1E58-44A5-9311-C64D7477B30B.jpeg

26DE027A-1E8A-4E24-BFDA-2102DA984A28.jpeg

E14DEE44-D8D5-470A-8134-79C2135CA8C7.jpeg

8480B39F-3450-41A6-B84C-91DB583DF6F4.jpeg

7BFC055B-8871-46DA-8FEA-E8CE1EF4A49C.jpeg

Sponsored

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's another fun display option I found.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_3653.JPG
If you have a Tazer chip, it will turn on your rear view camera when you use the turn signal. It's nice to use the backup camera when driving and changing lanes, so those little guys don't sneak up in your blind spot.

To set it, just go to the audio setting on your cluster dash. Press the left button on your steering wheel and tap the cruise control cancel button, which will go through the Tazer menu. When you find the TurnCam menu, press the cruise control center button to turn it on. Pretty cool option.

There are a lot of other options with the Tazer, like the light show. If you are an emergency responder, the light show has a lot of display options that will definitely get people's attention, when you're driving.

eyekode

First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software dev
Here's another fun display option I found.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_3653.JPG
If you have a Tazer chip, it will turn on your rear view camera when you use the turn signal. It's nice to use the backup camera when driving and changing lanes, so those little guys don't sneak up in your blind spot.

To set it, just go to the audio setting on your cluster dash. Press the left button on your steering wheel and tap the cruise control cancel button, which will go through the Tazer menu. When you find the TurnCam menu, press the cruise control center button to turn it on. Pretty cool option.

There are a lot of other options with the Tazer, like the light show. If you are an emergency responder, the light show has a lot of display options that will definitely get people's attention, when you're driving.
That is a cool option! I didn't realize the tazer could do that. I find the rear camera buggy. I can always turn it on from controls->rear view camera. But the dedicated button doesn't always work. Odd.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
@JWest what differential protector is that? I am in the market for front and rear diff protectors.

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, JLUR Bikini Pearl, JLUR Granite Crystal, JKU Golden Eagle
@JWest what differential protector is that? I am in the market for front and rear diff protectors.
Rancho Rockgear differential skid plates. Along with Rock Hard 4x4 control arm skids. The Rock Hard skids arrived black. I paint them red. Not really necessary but what the heck.

67EB9BE0-D09B-4FE3-86DC-03D6948C2390.jpeg

95A0AE3E-61CE-48BD-ACA4-CE3C0CA302C0.jpeg
Sponsored