What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
You need to be careful that you don't strip the heads. I used a 24" breaker bar. Then I aligned the bit as straight as I could and hit the bar with a mallet to drive the bit in better. If you don't do that then the paint will stop it from going in all the way and it may slip/strip. Make sure you keep the breaker handle aligned with the side of the Jeep so it doesn't twist the bit out. Keep pressure on the bar pushing towards the Jeep of course. It was the worst part of the job. I was relieved every time I heard the snap of the bolt breaking free. I was thinking that there was a good chance I'd be drilling one out before the day was done.

I did semi-strip one of the replacement bolt heads unfortunately. I was torquing to 19 and got a little misaligned on one. I think it will still back out but I'm just leaving that one alone for now.

I also had to loosen the top hitch bolts quite a bit on two of them in order to install the bracket on the bottom. I had to position the bottom of the step outside of the bracket to install it and then go back to the mallet to get it in place after the bracket was installed.

Overall a very high quality kit as you would expect from Metalcloak.

I considered only doing the back doors. Those are definitely the most useful ones and all you really need. The fronts may come in handy putting kayaks up, but I also decided partly on the look of it.
Thank you for the advice! I have a 24" breaker bar so I'm set there. As for the bit, it is in fact a T50, correct? Double checking as I'd read in another thread how that didn't work and it stripped the bolt. I'm definitely getting these, and like you may likely go with two pairs for aesthetic reasons.

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
PRP custom seat covers have been installed!
What I did today was finally post about em!
I spent the last few months giving em a good break-in along with the rest of the kit that has been installed since the fall.

I absolutely love em. The tweed can be a little “itchy” feeling on bare skin, or through thin shirts, but seems like its just something that’s gotten better with age and a little break-in. I knew that of the material itself, not to any fault of PRP.

They clean up real nice, installed without a lot of hassle (just tossed em in the dryer for a few minutes to warm each cover up and helped stretch it really easily), and really have just made for a cool style in the cabin.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 8BB57547-D15D-4BAB-A59C-01C6F989E1B4
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E468B906-902E-464D-B50E-9A9434D178B6
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7A50735D-B393-4F16-A66D-F77E15D2F59B
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 08D9D159-AF7A-4E9F-99F7-8E40D32E5929
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] F87B2DFD-2CF0-442F-883E-CAD1F12B2FD7
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 530107E6-34B2-450E-B90B-66B1CE7496E2
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 3D029B52-012D-47D1-B032-E75B1EA2A6AC

Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the advice! I have a 24" breaker bar so I'm set there. As for the bit, it is in fact a T50, correct? Double checking as I'd read in another thread how that didn't work and it stripped the bolt. I'm definitely getting these, and like you may likely go with two pairs for aesthetic reasons.
You're welcome! It's really not that bad of a job. As long as you don't strip a door bolt! :CWL:

Yes, it is a T50. As long as you have a good quality one and use the mallet method you should be fine. Watch the bolt carefully and be ready to back off immediately if it starts to strip. I had a couple of them start to feel as if they were stripping. But it was mostly just paint coming off and very little metal damage. I stopped immediately, repositioned the torx, and pounded it in again. You will see the T50 move into the bolt head when you use the mallet. It can be a little tricky holding it correctly aligned and hitting it at the same time. I just took my time and it worked out fine.

Good luck! They are very functional and look great.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Dead pedal and seat rail mounted flashlight installed.

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped out my Max Tow flares for Rubicon flares w/led's.
Can't really tell from these pics, but the Rubi fenders are 2K Raptor lined and 2K SprayMax clear coated
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210124_201212
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210124_200911
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210124_201429

Essentials:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210117_180058

2K Raptor Lined:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210117_160756

2K SprayMax Cleared:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210117_175726

Last edited:

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
Swapped out my Max Tow flares for Rubicon flares w/led's.
Can't really tell from these pics, but the Rubi fenders are 2K Raptor lined and 2K SprayMax clear coated
All it took was 2 cans of each for all 4 fenders? How does the texture look compared to the factory textured plastics?

Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
The OEM filter box is big enough to fit that? I admit I have not paid much attention to it, but none of my other vehicles have had that kind of space. I may have too look into one of those.
I hope so. I ordered one the other day. Giving up my afe cold air intake, to get a snorkle. Still want some sound.

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
All it took was 2 cans of each for all 4 fenders? How does the texture look compared to the factory textured plastics?
Yes, 2 cans of each (actual Coors Lights consumed not all pictured).
Didn't look bad after the 1st can of Raptor, but the 2nd can really gave it a nice texture.
Definitely more of a texture with the Raptor over the factory plastic feel.

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
Yes, 2 cans of each (actual Coors Lights consumed not all pictured).
Didn't look bad after the 1st can of Raptor, but the 2nd can really gave it a nice texture.
Definitely more of a texture with the Raptor over the factory plastic feel.
Thanks for sharing! I may do this to some Rubicon Fenders I have that are not the right color.
Sponsored