Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JT
Had to wake up early this morning to beat the rain.

completed drivers side and confirmed torque specs. In addition adjusted drag link.

recalibrated for tire size and TPMS.

next week - ARB Bondi arrives with winch and hopefully the Solis lights too.

was debating the snorkel (have zero need for it) but I think it will fit the build aesthetically (mall crawler cred).

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D9A2F14E-1114-48A6-A378-922D1EF6827B
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0B3F2A22-5124-4C16-81B5-5B7DBC7F2C8D

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
You have to get behind the wheel liner. It’s a pain if you have stock liners and or stock fenders.
The fuel filler rubber surround just pulls off from the outside with filler door open take fuel cap off and put rag in opening to keep stuff out. I used cellophane wrap on top of that.

Grab some extra fender retainer clips and take bolts and plastic pins for inner fender liner out. Then just pull the whole fender off with the attached liner. Easier and less damage than trying to pull liner down and get your arms up in there.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Swapped my Sport grill out for a Rubicon one today.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0B3F2A22-5124-4C16-81B5-5B7DBC7F2C8D

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you just defeated the careful engineering of your gladiator’s cooling system. I may be wrong but that looks like a JL Rubicon grill. The 7 slots are smaller and the mesh has smaller openings which are air flow (cooling) restrictive as well.

I almost bought a Rubicon grill but then found out it was from a JL.

Sponsored

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Next I put friction tape on my rock rails. Having slipped off it when it was wet was enough for me.

20210406_165611.jpg
This does work well. But on my Colorado, i did the same thing and come shorts weather, I’d sand the skin on the back of my calves. Which was usually superficial, but in the summer and sweat, oh did it burn! I did use skateboard grip tape tho, which I think is particularly grippy rough.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you just defeated the careful engineering of your gladiator’s cooling system. I may be wrong but that looks like a JL Rubicon grill. The 7 slots are smaller and the mesh has smaller openings which are air flow (cooling) restrictive as well.

I almost bought a Rubicon grill but then found out it was from a JL.
I remember reading how the Jeep engineers did little tweaks to get the tow ratings up on the Gladiators. One of them was the wider slots and mesh on the JT grill vs the JL grill.
At least @sblaine did not put an angry bird grill on it!
I always wonder if Gladiator owners are harming their towing capacity by changing it to an angry turd. I know they are harming them looks wise! JMHO.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I remember reading how the Jeep engineers did little tweaks to get the tow ratings up on the Gladiators. One of them was the wider slots and mesh on the JT grill vs the JL grill.
I always wonder if Gladiator owners are harming their towing capacity by changing it to an angry turd. I know they are harming them looks wise! JMHO.
The Max Tow reaches max acceptable temperature on Jeeps hill test at 100* F ambient temp.

The wider grill slots and wider mesh with the wings everyone seems to hate, close the gap between the fender and bumper, the little air dam below the bumper, and the design of the plastic “skid” plate all push air through the radiator to reach Jeeps maximum tow rating. Angry bird grills just crack me up... but I still wave! 😁

sblaine

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys - Red
Occupation
Security Alarms
I haven’t noticed a change, But I also don’t tow anything.
Hard to believe that such a small difference makes a huge difference.

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Well what I meant is the sport grill is one piece

The overland grill I bought had the mesh, inserts and 3 color matched trims instead of piecing it together...

So yea it’s installed it and big difference on my red, black and grey theme

3F21D6D6-6A4B-4345-8767-B7596E9F079D.jpeg

165527B8-C6CF-4708-A5A8-A2DC698B9DF1.jpeg

Wow that upgraded grill looks great! Now I gotta dump my sport grill and find one like that. Your Jeep is looking all around badass btw!!!!

Sponsored

Lucky1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator max tow - 2011 honda odyssey
Installed passenger side tires (Falken Wildpeak MT 315/70/17), wheels (Fuel Shox 17x9), Rubi suspension and TeraFlex leveling kit.

Tomorrow morning will be drivers side.

before:

After

How much of the teraflex leveling kit did you use? I am about to install the Rubicon springs and shocks in the front of my Max tow and just the shocks in the back. I am debating if I'll need a leveling kit after install or not. I have a stubby bumper and 12k winch on mine and currently under stock sit one and a half in low in the front. I was looking at the alloy 1.5" leveling kit for the inclusion of the shock extension brackets. I like the teraflex but bummed it didn't come with the shock extensions.

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
My JCR-offroad chase rack arrived. Pleasantly surprised ,wasn’t expecting it till May based on lead times. Thanks JCR.
Promptly put it together and added those iconic KC lites. Now awaiting my Access roll up cover. My previous cover wasn’t going to work because of the position of rails. Powdercoating is nice.
Suits my needs. Now ,to wire those lites...

39B13C15-C08D-45C5-B0DC-14994A39CAB0.jpeg

ECC2A608-E151-46F9-BFDF-A64A56CD4734.jpeg

7B3272BE-968F-462A-82BB-AEB4FAD64D71.jpeg

433E56B6-203B-49BD-8C2C-12EC883A1228.jpeg