What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Datin fabrification canopy cage. I also ordered the 270 degree awning mounts and handles for it. This rack is huge, in hindsight i might of went with a smaller cheaper rack but i wanted the option of getting a softopper if i wanted a full enclosure in the future. I intially wanted the RSI smartcap but having read that some people had quality and fitmint issues and the fact its a lot heavier, i decided on a bedrack instead.

20210610_215528.jpg

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
Datin fabrification canopy cage. I also ordered the 270 degree awning mounts and handles for it. This rack is huge, in hindsight i might of went with a smaller cheaper rack but i wanted the option of getting a softopper if i wanted a full enclosure in the future. I intially wanted the RSI smartcap but having read that some people had quality and fitmint issues and the fact its a lot heavier, i decided on a bedrack instead.
Was looking at this if I went softopper. Would you mind measuring the height difference between the top of the rack and top of the roof? Mind sharing more pic angles? Thanks!!!

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was looking at this if I went softopper. Would you mind measuring the height difference between the top of the rack and top of the roof? Mind sharing more pic angles? Thanks!!!
Its about 2.5 to 3 inches above the hard top. Im considering ordering the jcr offroad roofrack to match the lines.

20210610_221843.jpg

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you order this and have other bed rails then the mopar ones, you will have to buy additional hardware. I have the builtright industries bed rail so the nut bar thats included will not work. Do not angle it like some youtubers did, go to homedepot and buy some 3/8 cone nuts. They are not expensive.

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if im the only person that has spent a considerable amount of money on mods and have not touched the tires or suspension? I want to really bad but im waiting until the 36k mile mark if i can because of all the steering issues these were prone to having.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210610_221843
I wish you could fold down the softopper with it on. That and it should come with two more horizontal panels.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish you could fold down the softopper with it on. That and it should come with two more horizontal panels.
I have 2 more but it didnt come with the extra hardware to install. Ed at datin is easy and great to deal with. I'm still waiting for the arb tred pro mounts to ship out from them so I asked him to included extra bolts and nuts. The accessory rails are 49 a piece with the powdercoat.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
@SelfmodJT I was in your position on my JK, loaded bumper to bumper with mods but it sat on stock suspension until the day I sold it. Do you. :rock:

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SelfmodJT I was in your position on my JK, loaded bumper to bumper with mods but it sat on stock suspension until the day I sold it. Do you. :rock:
Lol, it's getting a lift eventually. Not selling, I dont need a better engine or more horsepower. I just need it to go where I want it to and not leave me stranded. Not ever planning on going rock crawling so I dont need anything extreme. I'm more than satisfied to go across some dirt, pebbles and some streams to get to my camping destination.🤣

Sponsored

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its about 2.5 to 3 inches above the hard top. Im considering ordering the jcr offroad roofrack to match the lines.
That’s why I ask. I have the JCR half roof rack and hoping it would match up height-wise.

If you order this and have other bed rails then the mopar ones, you will have to buy additional hardware. I have the builtright industries bed rail so the nut bar thats included will not work. Do not angle it like some youtubers did, go to homedepot and buy some 3/8 cone nuts. They are not expensive.
good heads-up for those that don’t and want this rack.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s why I ask. I have the JCR half roof rack and hoping it would match up height-wise.

good heads-up for those that don’t and want this rack.
Is it possible to mount the kc gravity pro6 to the rack?

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if im the only person that has spent a considerable amount of money on mods and have not touched the tires or suspension? …
No, you’re not. Same boat except I installed free Rubi Suspension take-offs and Rubi wheels/tires. So technically still stock suspension and tires.

figure I’ll upgrade as needed.

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible to mount the kc gravity pro6 to the rack?
It measures 54 3/8” for rail to rail, so a 50” would fit. Would would need to make your own brackets.

I have yet to wound any lights to the rack because I don’t want to drill through the hardtop, and don’t want to run wires up to it externally. Still like the easy or top removal with no wires.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Well I finally installed the Tazer mini I bought back in October! Wow was that a bigger ordeal than it should have been. What a gong show trying to get those two plugs out!
Sponsored