What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Finished the led strips on the 270 degree awning. Each led strip has it's own switch on a switch box and its mounted behind the awning. I know it's probably an overkill for having a switch for each strip but every amp not used helps conserve power.

20210913_175256.jpg

20210916_171224.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Took a break from spring research to install the front bumper. Ran out of time to put the step bars that also showed up on.

Rough country bumper using factory fog lights. Instructions were abysmal. Basically 5 steps which were possibly applicable to a 2007 wrangler? Looks good though and is solid. Just took a lot of life experience to figure it out and make it all happen. Most of the issues involve removal of factory fog lights and installation in new bumper.
86FDA2C8-9631-45C5-B578-3334BB7DCB91.jpeg

Would like to dress it up under it a little and will research. Factory overland has a big plastic trim piece which covers the aluminum slider.

The instructions:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/921059600A.pdf

-there was no need to sand or mess with factory fogs or remove any tabs. It actually included a small bracket that had no reference to existence. It worked out.

-it mentions using nut and bolt sizes to secure
The bumper which don’t exist.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Picked up my GFC SuperLite and spent 7 nights camping in it near Glacier NP. The Yakima rack system worked super well. Love the lightweight and modular setup.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 86FDA2C8-9631-45C5-B578-3334BB7DCB91

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 86FDA2C8-9631-45C5-B578-3334BB7DCB91

What bike rack do you have? Looking for something to carry 2 ebikes.

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Did you use Mopar Part Number: 06511076AA nut/rivets for the lower skid plate bracket ? I did use this part with the Warn mounting plate on my installation and am not sure that I installed the nut/rivets properly.
what are you not sure about?

Sponsored

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
Not sure if this fits into the “What did you do TO” but had her towed to the house then to the Dealership. Wife went into Publix, came back out with a hand full of groceries, went to start the Glad, tried to depress the brake and it wouldn’t budge. Pressed the start button, nothing but clicks. Before you ask it wasn’t the battery because this is the 3rd time it’s happened and it started the other two times. We took it to the dealership the last time this happened, even though it started, to have it looked at and the couldn’t “replicate“ it. Of course not. Make matters even worse it started raining and we couldn’t get the windows to role up. The lights in the Glad started flashing and strobing. I undid all the door connections and even after that lights on the center instrument panel continued to pulse. I detached the negative battery terminal to see if that would stop all the ”disco” lighting and to no avail. The last weird thing going on was the continuous clicking coming from the fuse box. I’m assuming it was clicking at the same beat as the pulsing from the dash but never was sure. Guess the aux battery helped to keep them going. TSB has been replaced, steering shaft has been replaced and now this in just 2 years. Just disappointed in a vehicle we pre-ordered in April 2019 with much excitement, received it a long 6 months later and then the issues. Sad.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 172DCC6D-E8CB-4355-BC8F-00F75D133129

Last edited:

Tank Concrete

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Not sure if this fits into the “What did you do TO” but had her towed to the house then to the Dealership. Wife went into Publix, came back out with a hand full of groceries, went to start the Glad, tried to depress the brake and it wouldn’t budge. Pressed the start button, nothing but clicks. Before you ask it wasn’t the battery because this is the 3rd time it’s happened and it started the other two times. We took it to the dealership the last time this happened, even though it started, to have it looked at and the couldn’t “replicate“ it. Of course not. Make matters even worse it started raining and we couldn’t get the windows to role up. The lights in the Glad started flashing and strobing. I undid all the door connections and even after that lights on the center instrument panel continued to pulse. I detached the negative battery terminal to see if that would stop all the ”disco” lighting and to no avail. The last weird thing going on was the continuous clicking coming from the fuse box. I’m assuming it was clicking at the same beat as the pulsing from the dash but never was sure. Guess the aux battery helped to keep them going. TSB has been replaced, steering shaft has been replaced and now this in just 2 years. Just disappointed in a vehicle we pre-ordered in April 2019 with much excitement, received it a long 6 months later and then the issues. Sad.
That's a terrible experience, sorry that happened to you! I had a Mercedes a lot of years ago, which had electrical issues and something was wrong all the time. We joked it was the "Octoberfest Quota Car". It was in the shop 13 times in 18 months. Ended up having to get a lawyer to get out of it.

I did a quick google for "clicking from the fuse box", and this link sounded interesting and similar to what you've described: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-...-run-start-relay-clicking-344806/#post4337864

Probably not the same thing, but thought I'd share... maybe it will help!

Guns_N_Rosaries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Got Line-X installed in the bed on Wednesday. I almost wonder if a bed mat would have been the better way to go. You can get one of those for $150 - $200. The bill was over $700. It looks great, but ouch.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
:headbang: Sorry you're experiencing that Bob. In reading through here, it seems the Launch Editions have had the early-build electrical issues. At least what it appears from the outside. Hopefully things get squared away :fist bump:

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link