What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
Added my Limitlessparts Tailgate Gladiator badging today. Really happy with outcome.
Highly recommend, quality is superb.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4695.JPG

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4695.JPG

How do you ever choose which of the three recovery points you use?

RaleighRubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Grey Gladiator Rubicon
Ceramic coated the entire jeep.
Cleaned windows-marks left from factory
Added hoop to front bumper
Put on my 35" tires
Ceramic coated wheels-needed it bad....bronze wheels don't stay nice looking for long
Removed Jeep from tailgate and replaced with Gladiator
Programmed Tazer

Basically all the little stuff.....still waiting for lift and shocks to arrive.
Did you do the ceramic yourself or have a shop do it? If a shop, what did you pay?

nocoast_jt

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Installed a rear antirock to replace the poorly designed rear sway bar.

Don't get me wrong, the stock sway bar works, but offroad its a rock magnet...see boomerang below.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1E6D1864-2CCC-4075-B3AB-B8BC77E9DAAF_1_105_c

The Rockjock Antirock move the sway bar (torsion bar) above the frame rail with super long arms. A couple notes about the install. You have to trim your inner fenders or remove them. There is also a bit of grinding and some drilling involved with this kit. I love the quality of the kit but expect to spend a few hours on your rig.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E5218BAD-9CC9-46D7-90F4-CC61214DC495_1_105_c

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 80F4E7C7-C65B-4DA8-ACF1-1705D3640558_1_105_c

Sponsored

Tank Concrete

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
For those of you who have purchased and installed this Hooke Road Cowl Pillar Pod Light Mount Windshield Cube LED Light Bracket [Amazon] what did you do for screws / bolts?

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 61IvR5xwK8L._AC_SL1500_

Mine didn't come with any screws, though it seems like it should have. I suspect I got a return, because there's an extra hole drilled in it. Regardless, the Amazon reviews suggest the supplied hardware is no good.

If you did something custom to mount them, what did you get? I found some longer M8 bolts at Home Depot, but they don't seem to fit. The longer bolt fits the front side hole fine, but not the back (closer to the door) hole at all. The top of the cowl bolts are really strange and definitely not M8 sizing.

Looking for suggestions to get these mounted finally!

Vtac2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT rubicon , 18 GC Trackhawk
How do you ever choose which of the three recovery points you use?
Haven’t used it yet on this jeep, as it’s 3 weeks old, but in the past, I always prefer to pull or be pulled from the center. Imho it should be the strongest point of the rig.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
what are you not sure about?
On the front skid plate (Mopar steel bumper) Jeep uses nutserts (Mopar part #06511076AA) that go into a hex hole into the frame. I saw where the nutserts are to be torqued at a very low torque (like 15 pounds). At the low torque the nutserts did not crush and rivet to the frame. Without crushing/riveting I am afraid when using the wench with the pulling pressure applied at skid plate lower mount the nutserts will pull through.

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
Me too! Really like the look and functionality of these. Went on pretty easy, too.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 61IvR5xwK8L._AC_SL1500_
How are these compared to the factory steps? Are they lower? I think the factory steps are too high and kinda worthless to use getting in. Feels really awkward!

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Did you do the ceramic yourself or have a shop do it? If a shop, what did you pay?
I did it myself. I use chemical guys products. I did my other Jeep last year and it held up well during the winter months.......very happy so far. Shops in my area charge anywhere from $1000 on up. I spent about $150 on the products. Big savings!

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
On the front skid plate (Mopar steel bumper) Jeep uses nutserts (Mopar part #06511076AA) that go into a hex hole into the frame. I saw where the nutserts are to be torqued at a very low torque (like 15 pounds). At the low torque the nutserts did not crush and rivet to the frame. Without crushing/riveting I am afraid when using the wench with the pulling pressure applied at skid plate lower mount the nutserts will pull through.
That part number comes up as being for rear bumper, but maybe it is the same for front.
I already had the skid (Rubi), so the nutserts are already in the frame. But you need to crush then for sure, not sure where you saw 15 ft-lbs.

JMBurgess

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sting Gray Mojave
How are these compared to the factory steps? Are they lower? I think the factory steps are too high and kinda worthless to use getting in. Feels really awkward!
It's been a while since I rode in a Gladiator with factory steps, but I doubt these are lower. They can also be awkward for someone who is taller. I don't have trouble stepping all the way in using just the grab handles, but these are good for my kids and shorter folks who struggle with stepping straight in the cab. I got them for my kids and to maybe help save my seat bolstering from how I used to slide over when getting out.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I installed an Srech switch system. It’s not obtrusive and installs clean. I’ve used them before and have been happy with them. Just wish the switches were marked/labeled like their other systems.
design looks good, but that case looks like it was 3d printed on a low resolution. Would be nice if they finished the surface.

How does it mount? Can't find the instructions anywhere. Thanks