Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Any pointers for the brake controller install. Doing mine soon.
Take 5 minutes to remove the driver seat - or at least set in in the back seat foot well.
4 bolts, E-torx (maybe an E6)
Slide the seat clear back, take out the front two bolts, slide it clear forward and take out the two rear, then lift and pull back. There's a wire/cable going to the seat if there's heated seats, really easy to disconnect at the seat bottom if it won't move far enough back for you.
Man, that gives a lot more room to lay down there and see things. Don't know why I didn't do that when I installed it on my 2020.
I did take the seat loose and lifted it back when removing the controller from my 2020, and then did it on the 2022 when I installed the controller on it.
Install the knob in the dash first, run the wire over to the left side where the controller box will be.
Make the connections to the controller, then install the controller. It's a lot easier to connect thing when you have that controller box with bracket in your hand looking at it (ask me how I figured that out LOL)
IMO, placing the controller itself in place and installing the two nuts should be the last part - then strap the wires in place.
It's not too bad if done in that order - and with the seat taken loose.
Sponsored

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
Added take off led drl lights. Lights were free from a local gladiator that got a fender chop.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 002D998B-E1E2-417A-A87F-67866A99F54C

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Take 5 minutes to remove the driver seat - or at least set in in the back seat foot well.
4 bolts, E-torx (maybe an E6)
Slide the seat clear back, take out the front two bolts, slide it clear forward and take out the two rear, then lift and pull back. There's a wire/cable going to the seat if there's heated seats, really easy to disconnect at the seat bottom if it won't move far enough back for you.
Man, that gives a lot more room to lay down there and see things. Don't know why I didn't do that when I installed it on my 2020.
I did take the seat loose and lifted it back when removing the controller from my 2020, and then did it on the 2022 when I installed the controller on it.
Install the knob in the dash first, run the wire over to the left side where the controller box will be.
Make the connections to the controller, then install the controller. It's a lot easier to connect thing when you have that controller box with bracket in your hand looking at it (ask me how I figured that out LOL)
IMO, placing the controller itself in place and installing the two nuts should be the last part - then strap the wires in place.
It's not too bad if done in that order - and with the seat taken loose.
Thanks my friend. Looking forward to a good little project. Hope to be able use the controller one day!!

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Last week installed full BedRug hoping to install Roll-N-Lock (no dice due to damage).

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220813_131053

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220813_131109

Today installed Quadratec QRC Side Armor with Step for 20-22 Jeep Gladiator JT.

Kind of an ass kicker doing solo, but it is doable. First side took me 2.5 hours, second 1.5 hours. Only trick I could think to recommend is to not do is solo...

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220813_131014

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220813_131032

Sponsored

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Gator
Occupation
Coder
Finally got around to my project of installing the Milwaukee Packouts. Organized and bed mounted using 3/4” rubber horse stall mat allowed me to avoid drilling into body.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] EA428B9F-BB26-4C61-86AB-00D04404B240
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] EA428B9F-BB26-4C61-86AB-00D04404B240
What bed mat did you use for this? Thinking of doing the same.

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Spring Creek!!!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 558C4EF3-C2C0-490F-B941-9555B0267684

Sorry, can’t help a little fly fishing discussion 😉

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Re-torqued suspension from the Mopar 2" lift installed 7/21. Track bar was the only thing a tiny bit loose. Re-torqued Ion 715 wheels (Kanati Trail Hog 35s) installed 7/28. Heading for southern Colorado mid-week and Great Sands National Monument.

That's about it for mods other than some minor parts. Last week took it on some pretty good (high) steps and waterfalls, and impressed with the low gear ratio, compared to the Tacoma.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] at house1

Last edited:

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Replaced the rear drive shaft with a Dana 1350 heavy duty performance shaft. It’s still a two piece using a carrier bearing and drop spacer, which is what I wanted for a perfect angle into the t-case. It’s a 1350 u joint into the rear axle however. It’s 3” OD steel instead of the stock 4” OD aluminum. So stronger and narrower for better clearances. Test drove it slowly first, then gradually past 60mph with no vibrations or noises. It was a long road to get this done, but I’m happy with the result. Granted, it’s only seen 10 miles of use.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] at house1

Is the u-joint greaseable Dan? As an old guy, I'm always leary of "lifetime" u-joint cups that you can't lube. The OEM front shaft has a "lifetime" u-joint, but it doesn't get as much service.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Typical maintenance, I have a license plate light out and when I was looking around for any damage or spots that needed paint touch up while I was down there I noticed this dent. Anyone else have this? It's clearly from the swaybar link. Didn't realise they came that close together.

I checked mine and no dent - yet. I went up some pretty good steps and waterfalls last week and have the Mopar lift. I'll now keep a look out for that. Do you have a lift?

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E152A5D9-41FD-46DC-B556-3C8CF90D54F0

im loving this alien shade. Provides great protection
One piece or two piece? Thinking about getting one before next summer.
Sponsored