What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
This was my initial thought too. If I could get a rack that sat 8-9” above I could leave it on full time and still be able to roll it. It seems just about any rack options for any-slot would work. I looked and only options I found that tall were the Yakima adjustable racks. I didn’t like the look too much. I also really liked the low profile look once I mocked it up, and with the quick release feet it’s not a big deal to just lift off the rack. I will however likely be creating a full height rack that attaches on with 8020 T-slot metal. as usual, I’m sure I’ll do more revisions though.
Thanks for the info and pics capercrew02! I wonder if other manufacturers slightly taller rack uprights would work with that t-slot on the Revolver x4? Want it tall enough to be able to roll the cover open all the way and still clear the rack above.
Sponsored

JT “Charlie”

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I installed my 600W pure sine wave inverter in the dead space behind the rear driver's side seat. It will be used to power my camp fridge, and to charge my laptop and camera equipment on trips.

20200403_150054.jpg
20200405_175211.jpg
Curious are you running the fridge in the cab? Or are you going to run the power cord to the bed?

JT “Charlie”

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Installed Truck Covers USA roll cover w/Yakima rails/rack and HD cross bars (already had the rhino rack bike attachments kicking around)...

Great product so far, installed in about 3 hours, no tax or shipping from Dale's Superstore online, dealt directly with Kim at Truck covers for the rack setup.

IMG_7595.jpeg

IMG_7596.jpeg

IMG_7591.jpeg
I like this idea and was trying to hold out for retrax with explorer rails. What did this cost you? Wondering if those rails would support the Yakima outdoor RTT rack

JeepRumbler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S, 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Not today, but yesterday I added proximity entry to my Sport S.

I hated having a push-button start, but still having to get the keys out every time in my JLU, so it almost pushed me to get the Rubicon. Now since they relaxed the options on the Sport S I was able to get my 4.10s, 8.4 with Alpine, the nice sticker for payload and towing, flares that separate, and add proximity for about $350.

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Curious are you running the fridge in the cab? Or are you going to run the power cord to the bed?
I actually changed it up slightly shortly after that. I piggybacked a 12v port off of the same wires to dedicate to the fridge, and the inverter will just go to electronics. My plan right now is to run it in cab as pictured, since I'm undecided on my bed setup. If I go with a camper shell I may move it to the bed. If I go with a rack/tonneau, I'll keep it in cab and use the bed just for gear storage.

20200405_175136.jpg
20200409_190042.jpg

Hackysack

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator le
Worked on getting a proper subwoofer installed

It sound amazing. Need to do more tuning in the morning.

20200411_185914.jpg
Does anyone know the rms from the alpine factory amp, Rubicon 8.4 system. Want to replace the knee panel speakers but want to keep everything else factory as everything else sounds great.

LiftedLife

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone know the rms from the alpine factory amp, Rubicon 8.4 system. Want to replace the knee panel speakers but want to keep everything else factory as everything else sounds great.
I replaced all 8 speakers and no issues with sound or quality. Extremely loud. It has plenty of power. I stayed around 50-80w speakers so a total of 400-600 combined and no issues whatsoever.
The driver knee speaker is a pain and passenger box takes patience to put back also.

Sponsored

LiftedLife

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I installed my rear skids on lower control arms and shocks today to finish protection of main components.
I’ve been posting on here for about 2 months now while I built this the way I wanted before going off-road or overland trips minus supercharger which is on backorder due to virus but have a question for anyone?

Where do people ride in S.C. or around?
Trying to find some guys to go wheeling with?
I know every motocross park within 300 miles from riding forever but no where to take gladiator.
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Removed the soft top, re-installed my mopar sun bonnet, and then added an additional rugged ridge sun bonnet(made for the front) over the rear so our rear facing 10 month old has more shade(per mandate of “the boss”). Then tucked her all in for the night with our mopar rain cover.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] {filename}

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] {filename}

I don’t know much about sun bonnets, but wouldn’t you think it should be a light color? A color that doesn’t attract sunlight?