Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Ok, just installed the dead pedal anyways. That was a PITA the way I had to contort myself. Feels like there is plenty of space until you need your head, torso, both arms, and hands down near the pedals.

IMG_20200503_191714.jpg

IMG_20200503_191708.jpg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, just installed the dead pedal anyways. That was a PITA the way I had to contort myself. Feels like there is plenty of space until you need your head, torso, both arms, and hands down near the pedals.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200503_141856~3

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200503_141856~3
Have you installed an iDrive or Tazer JL Mini yet? As a "not very small" man with a destroyed back (motorcycle wreck back in 2008), I found it quite painful and difficult to contort myself the way necessary to install the Tazer. I still have scars on my hands from them getting cut-up trying to reach up under the dash to pull out the factory plugs to put into the Tazer. You have to have woman-hands or asian hands to reach up in there. The iDrive wasn't as bad, and was quicker, but still not fun to contort myself under there. You almost need a quick-release front driver's seat to move it out of the way to install these type of mods.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Have you installed an iDrive or Tazer JL Mini yet? As a "not very small" man with a destroyed back (motorcycle wreck back in 2008), I found it quite painful and difficult to contort myself the way necessary to install the Tazer. I still have scars on my hands from them getting cut-up trying to reach up under the dash to pull out the factory plugs to put into the Tazer. You have to have woman-hands or asian hands to reach up in there. The iDrive wasn't as bad, and was quicker, but still not fun to contort myself under there. You almost need a quick-release front driver's seat to move it out of the way to install these type of mods.
No, with any luck won't install any mods that require them. I'm trying to keep it simple.

Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Installed Mopar cowel light mounts & 4” 360 rigid spots, & fog lights on the front bumper.
Also my portable ARB twin is now onboard under passenger seat. Waiting on a few fittings to install my air up down system for each wheel well

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 32Zbr75uSImH71j57W7YOA

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 32Zbr75uSImH71j57W7YOA

How do you like those Rigid spots? I’ve been thinking about putting a pair on the cowl as well but I’ve been back and forth about beam pattern. Spot vs driving.
Also I plan to use similar brackets but the top mounting position on the hood.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Midland MXT275 GMRS radio and antenna. Tested it out with an extra handheld I had, and it works great.

That looks like a solid setup. I can't figure out what direction to go for my rig. Originally I was considering CB because it's what I had in my last rig, but I want something with more power this time around. I may just take the leap and get my HAM license and figure out a solid setup, but I really like the form factor of yours. Where did you mount the box?

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like a solid setup. I can't figure out what direction to go for my rig. Originally I was considering CB because it's what I had in my last rig, but I want something with more power this time around. I may just take the leap and get my HAM license and figure out a solid setup, but I really like the form factor of yours. Where did you mount the box?
I mounted the box on the passenger side. I used thevelcro they provided and stuck it to the transmission tunnel behind the carpet. I have the factory aux switches, so I mounted it there since the power was there, and the mic mount went on that side.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Spots on top, floods on the sides, flood on the bumper. As you get older, the more light the better!

3A0337A7-8975-4983-996B-11C2E73D766B.jpeg

09694140-DBD6-4A12-A349-95AADAFE2125.jpeg

31B47169-3BAC-49CD-A8F9-910E609AA2E5.jpeg

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Which type radio to choose can be a challenge these days. To me the main considerations are location and what most people you wheel with use. In the eastern US, distance rarely dictates a need for anything more than CB. Although poorly grounded or tuned setups make people think there's an issue with CB.

From what I've seen folks out west are going more and more with Ham and GMRS. The challenge with Ham if you get your license is the number of people using Ham and GMRS without a license who don't care they're breaking the rules. I'm not the radio police, but they don't realize I risk losing my license talking to them.

It makes for flashy headlines to say CB is dead, get one of these, then link to a cheap chinese ham radio, but the logistics if you've taken the time to get licensed can a challenge. I've also seen no proof that CB is going away, at least not with the folks I ride with.

I have a CB setup in mine, I intend to setup a Ham radio as well and I keep a couple of FRS radios to hand out if there's a need. I'm on the fence with GMRS. Most of the GMRS handhelds are only marginally better than an FRS radio and use some of the same channels. A mobile GMRS will get more range, but for me, I'm not going to run a third radio setup until I have a need to (I.E. more of the folks I ride with start using GMRS on a regular basis).