Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
Washed her up and finally got a warm enough day to install the Sunrider that’s been in the basement since February.
Like others have mentioned this is my favorite mod to date!

5BDEFF72-712A-4817-A5AD-1E0E2E2AC33C.jpeg

2ED857F8-42A1-4B41-A8B1-3803EBEB2415.jpeg

ABE36B33-2C4D-449D-8B77-631D3BD123BB.jpeg
Sponsored

JT “Charlie”

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Added morale patches to the headliners today. Since I have factory headliners, I used 3M Command strips to attach which worked out great. My wife & I usually collect stickers/patches throughout our travels & place them everywhere (wife's Wrangler hardtop, kayaks, water bottles, laptops, coolers, etc). Will be a cool story board over the years. Thought it fitting to begin with a few of my military patches over the years. Still have a few to add, but here's the progress thus far.

Also, Plasti-Dipped the stubby antenna (Rydonair 13-inch). Didn't like how the bottom was carbon fiber.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] ABE36B33-2C4D-449D-8B77-631D3BD123BB
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] ABE36B33-2C4D-449D-8B77-631D3BD123BB
18 years in myself. 8 active rear guard and reserves...currently the ANCOIC of the range down at Joint base Charleston. Looking to finish up there unless I can put on SMSGT before that two years is up. Like the set up!

PuRGE

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Grey Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Physical Therapist
18 years in myself. 8 active rear guard and reserves...currently the ANCOIC of the range down at Joint base Charleston. Looking to finish up there unless I can put on SMSGT before that two years is up. Like the set up!
Very nice! I did 10 years total in the USAF (6 Active, 4 ANG). Worked as Weapons on the B-1 & F-15 with a couple of special duty assignments here & there. Need to find my other patches to put up there.

Looking for a VA or contract job on base as a physical therapist so I can continue to give back to the military. Loved my time in. Thank you for your service!

Last edited:

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I am sure all the other wireless carplay adapters are probably about the same. So far I think its worth it. Went for a drive earlier & had my phone in my pocket the whole time & the performance other then a kinda slow connection (few seconds longer then connecting the cable) it performed just like the hard wired connection.
I saw something about a review. Can you provide a link? I am curious on what this is. Thanks!

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Very nice! I did 10 years total in the USAF (6 Active, 4 ANG). Worked as Weapons on the B-1 & F-15 with a couple of special duty assignments here & there. Need to find my other patches to put up there.

Looking for a VA or contract job on base as a physical therapist so I can continue to give back to the military. Loved my time in. Thank you for your service!
8 yrs in Army Reserve as a 63B (light wheeled vehicle mechanic) and I was the wrecker operator. I drove a 5-ton wrecker to get folks un-stuck. I only remember the good times.....

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looks good man im planning on doing that or just wrapping it (nice color btw,cause i got a sting gray jtr as well :D)
I wrapped a white grille for my Sting Grey JT. Now have the original grill as wall art.... Looks great. I liked wrapping the grille and keeping the inserts the original grey color. To each, his own...

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Which type radio to choose can be a challenge these days. To me the main considerations are location and what most people you wheel with use. In the eastern US, distance rarely dictates a need for anything more than CB. Although poorly grounded or tuned setups make people think there's an issue with CB.

From what I've seen folks out west are going more and more with Ham and GMRS. The challenge with Ham if you get your license is the number of people using Ham and GMRS without a license who don't care they're breaking the rules. I'm not the radio police, but they don't realize I risk losing my license talking to them.

It makes for flashy headlines to say CB is dead, get one of these, then link to a cheap chinese ham radio, but the logistics if you've taken the time to get licensed can a challenge. I've also seen no proof that CB is going away, at least not with the folks I ride with.

I have a CB setup in mine, I intend to setup a Ham radio as well and I keep a couple of FRS radios to hand out if there's a need. I'm on the fence with GMRS. Most of the GMRS handhelds are only marginally better than an FRS radio and use some of the same channels. A mobile GMRS will get more range, but for me, I'm not going to run a third radio setup until I have a need to (I.E. more of the folks I ride with start using GMRS on a regular basis).
I don't ever go out with others, so contact within a convoy isn't really a concern for me personally. My main factor for having comms is for emergency scenarios, and weather alerts. I have an SOS beacon in the vehicle, so even the comms are kind of redundant for SAR purposes, but it'd be nice to have more options.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I took the ham and CB radios out of my old Jeep to install in the JT. Then I realized I had not actually touched the CB in years. It won't get installed. The VHF/UHF is in though.

Also, I know everyone with a license hates when I say this, but...nobody is out there looking for unlicensed people using the GMRS, business, and MURS frequencies. If you're not being an idiot, nobody will notice. I'm the only licensed person in any of the groups I wheel with.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
First time with all the doors off, thanks to these new Lange Coyote mirrors (safety first). I decided against the hinge mount type and A-pillar, since I may still want to use soft doors in the future. These are quick to add or remove as needed since the mount stays put.

I also added a little Easter egg, as inspired by another member.

Ever think about making more of these and selling them to other forum members? This is great, and you said others you found online weren't great... Just an idea for a few extra bucks if you wanted to ;)

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Yeah, this eating the Jeep version is the only one I like. $10?

Sponsored

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Assume these work and don't blow around at highway speeds? I tried something similar before. Passenger side would NEVER get tight enough to hold. 70+, both sides a bit suspect.

Two of my JKs I just mvoed the factory mirrors. Even when they were power. Rather not do that to my JT.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Put on new Warn tube doors - front doors only with added mirrors..

Why only the front ... because Warn didn't put the door handles in the rear tube package. Hopefully they get me those soon. I have heard a good bit about quality control with these Warn tube doors .... but I just liked their look the best so risked it.

Note: I reached out to Warn this afternoon and they confirmed they shipped out a set of handles to me within an hour of me letting them know. So far terrific customer service to make up for what is likely poor overseas quality control.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] j3

Last edited:

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
as for the mirrors got the
Manual Side View Mirrors Textured Driver and Passenger Replacements for 03-06 Jeep Wrangler 55395061AD 55395060AD

from Amazon $50 set. Did have to pickup some 1/4-20 x 1" bolts (x6) along with washers and cap nuts (at Lowe's and then gave them a matt black dusting of bolts and heads).

The mirrors fit almost perfect but they have a notch on the bottom corner that made them push out from the door hing bracket. Took dremel tool to the little plastic notch and now a custom fit (5 minute fix).

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Installed a 1 Up single tray bike rack. Clean, neat, low profile American made piece

2F5398F1-F176-40C7-8412-82106CDCD24F.jpeg

2B76E209-BEC7-41ED-B46D-A791633840FB.jpeg

68B49A62-7F35-447C-A44E-4B2B14B6C553.jpeg
I have this same bike rack! works perfectly on the JT.

One word of caution - do not drop the tailgate and then sit on it if the bike rack is folded up...I may or may not have done this the other day and now have a gash on the "J" of the JEEP logo and a small dent and gash in the paint near the "P".

Got a quote for $600 to fix it since apparently to "do it right" the body shop will need to remove the tailgate and everything on it (trim, camera, light, etc), remove the dent, paint the area around it, and then clear coat the whole thing and replace the JEEP logo (which costs $100 by itself).

Anyways...its a fantastic bike rack!
Sponsored