First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Got the Mountain Off-road steps installed. They help greatly for entry into the Jeep (especially for the kiddos) but to use them to exit it takes a little practice. I think it will help seat wear over time. Happy they work with the rock rails and low profile. They were a PITA to install...well...front was easy, rear steps were a challenge. Have an install write up in my build thread if interested.
These look very useful. However, I didn't see them listed for the "JT" up on MORE's site... did you use the ones they list for the JK?

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Took the doors off, mounted the CMM mirrors and took the camper out for a pull! Now to load it up and go!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 240FF024-DD95-435E-9416-AB8FD24C11EC
Dang - now I need to get my doors off!! Looks awesome! Thanks for the help taking my hardtop off this AM!

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Installed the OEM Soft Top today:

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 240FF024-DD95-435E-9416-AB8FD24C11EC

Honestly, I like the look of my body matched hardtop more, but as soon as I drop the top - I forget all about it! Glad to have a soft top as an option for the summer. now what to do with the Bestop Sunrider in the garage still in the box....

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Fox 2.0 TS steering stabilizer this afternoon and I have to say, it’s night and day difference!!! Worth every penny! It didn’t take out all the slack in the wheel, but it did take out a good bit of it, and it stiffened up the steering, handles bumps and ruts on shitty roads without snatching the truck into them (like it did before) took out ALOT of the over-steering issue (because it is a stiffer stabilizer), drives WAY better off-road, and allows me to drive on road with 1 hand, without constantly adjusting left & right. It now drives and handles like a normal vehicle.

Those worried about the mounting bracket design need not worry, that sucker mounts so precisely, I had to tighten the bracket screws down a little at a time, alternating, just to get it to go down over the machined-in swage on the shock mount bracket. You also remove the factory bracket from the axle and use the 3 factory 13mm bolts to mount the new bracket onto the axle, and reuse the factory carriage head bolt, and 18mm nut on the knuckle-mounted side.

Very quick & easy install. Make sure you have a 1/4” Allen wrench. If you have one for your impact, it will make things even quicker.

Here's the one I ordered from Amazon... The first picture on the page is wrong, that is the JK mount (tie-rod mount) version, which is not the correct model for the JL & JT... The other pictures show the correct one. And the one you order in that link IS the correct model for the JL/JT. :like:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PFGHMB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
He qouted me $40 for two. Are they made out of Unicorn horn tears?
Yeah, I’ll pass as these should be less than $10 for two IMO.

ChicagoJeeper

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed a swingcase on my driver's side. Seems like a solid box and mount, and has a pretty good amount of space in it.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200514_194500

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200514_194450

Also got on the highway for the first time for a log drive with the falcon adjustable steering stabilizer. Kicked it up to the firm setting, and it held super true while driving. A bit annoyingly still on local roads at that setting, but that's the beauty is being able to flip it in about 10 seconds while stopped.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Opened up the roof, took the back window off, installed my brand new Carolina metal masters mirrors on the bottom of the handle, so flipped them. I love the height and they worked flawlessly in wind at 75+ mph. I also installed 3 of the 4 Mopar tube doors. Set included two of the rear left door, so get to see what the Jeep dealer wants to do about that one.

45175560-42ED-45C6-B153-DAB4F5CB60C5.jpeg

2AC8EA1C-300A-4837-9966-B97AE68F1A1D.jpeg

58E889B1-DEDF-454C-B6C7-C010DFBC7A7F.jpeg

9992D0C2-4613-4836-96DF-16385D0D387C.jpeg

Sponsored

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Installed a swingcase on my driver's side. Seems like a solid box and mount, and has a pretty good amount of space in it.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9992D0C2-4613-4836-96DF-16385D0D387C

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9992D0C2-4613-4836-96DF-16385D0D387C

Also got on the highway for the first time for a log drive with the falcon adjustable steering stabilizer. Kicked it up to the firm setting, and it held super true while driving. A bit annoyingly still on local roads at that setting, but that's the beauty is being able to flip it in about 10 seconds while stopped.
You go with the swing case for security or is it more just the convenience / takes up minimal space? I really want some bed organizers, but I’m always using the whole bed, so hate losing any space for when I need it.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
I just noticed, you have a matching armrest. That's awesome! Is that something they offer now? I don't think it was an option when I bought mine a year ago.
;)it’s not an option. I brought it up to them, they said they’d do it for me since I loaned my seats, and wanted to look into the viability of offering it with seat sets, but the install did prove to be more difficult than expected. PRP values highly easy customer installation so I’m not sure if they will end up offering them or not. But I’m definitely not complaining, it’s a really nice touch. For those interested may still be worth the call. They have the patterns in their computer system now.:like:

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Those look killer. I was sold on bartact, but PRP is looking pretty good about now. I like how the stock panel on the back stays exposed too; it looks clean, and that's plenty of space for me to mount a multi tool and a couple of small odds and ends. Personally, I think the full molle on the bartact is a little overkill.

How was the install? Anything you'd do differently regarding them?

Edit: Are they made in the U.S. as well?
PRP is completely manufactured in the USA, Temecula Ca to be exact. My gladiator was the pattern vehicle for the rubicon trim so I did not personally do the seat install, but from what I’ve heard on the JL forums when I was looking they are very easy. I also like the seat covers look very clean. They look more like New seats vs just a cover. I also like that the side airbags are still functional with their design. I spent weeks playing on the online build tool picking colors, fabrics, and patterns, and couldn’t be happier with the setup. I like both the tweed and vinyl fabrics, so can’t go wrong with either of those, and I know others that have put the suade through the wringer and it’s holding up well also.

ChicagoJeeper

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You go with the swing case for security or is it more just the convenience / takes up minimal space? I really want some bed organizers, but I’m always using the whole bed, so hate losing any space for when I need it.
Yeah, I wanted something locking to at least keep the honest criminals out (I live in Chicago and park occasionally on the street). The option to pop it off when I need the full bed is nice as well, and it fits nicely under the factory rolling bed cover, so most of the time folks can't even see it's there.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I'm not the person you're asking, but I do have the Ace rock sliders. They are nice. It's a pretty easy install, though removing a couple of the body mount bolts can prove tricky. Suggest you read install threads on them before attempting (though I never had to use any heat for any of the bolts, as others have suggested). As for a step, excellent.

I will say one thing slightly negative: If you're a rock crawler, might take a look at what Shrockworks is doing for the Gladiator. I have the Shrockworks on my JK and they mount much more stoutly than these Ace Engineering do on my JT. I think the Ace solution is fine for typical overlanding, but if you're planning to tackle serious rock crawling where you're leaning the rail up against a boulder to make a tight turn, you'd want the strongest possible solution.

My Gladiator, shot by Laura M. That's not me driving, that's Laura's husband. I'm down below setting up to shoot video of the descent down a steep, rocky slope on the way out to Guale 2 at Big Bend Ranch State Park in Texas ....

My JK shot by Ray B. That is me, north of the Arctic Circle on the way to Deadhorse, Alaska on the Arctic Ocean ...
Nice dude - Big Bend is one of the coolest places I've ever been. Really hope to go back someday soon!
Sponsored