What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

SC_Paco

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Not today, but yesterday I added proximity entry to my Sport S.

I hated having a push-button start, but still having to get the keys out every time in my JLU, so it almost pushed me to get the Rubicon. Now since they relaxed the options on the Sport S I was able to get my 4.10s, 8.4 with Alpine, the nice sticker for payload and towing, flares that separate, and add proximity for about $350.
How do you add the proximity access? Thanks

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Installed my Hotheads with Sound Assassin:.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7878E3D4-89BF-4008-B4DA-899FB01A89E4

Blackout my door locks too:
Looks great! How was the install?

As you did the install, did the mounting materials give you a feeling of confidence as to the adhesive maintaining its grip long-term during the LasVegas sun's incessant beating?

Sponsored

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Looks great! How was the install?

As you did the install, did the mounting materials give you a feeling of confidence as to the adhesive maintaining its grip long-term during the LasVegas sun's incessant beating?
Thanks! I dig it. I’ll like it even more when the smell dissipates (how come no one ever mentioned the smell?)

When you say ‘incessant beating’ do you mean any given day of the week in Summer? Ha!

With that in mind I went crazy with the prep. Took me like 2 1/2 hours total. I scuffed everything real good and probably cleaned with acetone 6 times each area where it was going to adhere.

Since I got the sound assassins also, I used the roller on the panels as well as pressing with the included board.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Did you instal the side panels? I ordered them after I installed the headliners and road noise is significantly lower.
Sure did:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C6B67471-45AD-47D9-8CE6-1922C808ADF8

We took an excursion to the Colosseum Mine with about half an hour of 80mph driving and I noticed the difference in road noise right away. I’ll even say it actually does make the stereo sound better too since there is now some reduction in the hard surfaces.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Thanks! I dig it. I’ll like it even more when the smell dissipates (how come no one ever mentioned the smell?)

When you say ‘incessant beating’ do you mean any given day of the week in Summer? Ha!

With that in mind I went crazy with the prep. Took me like 2 1/2 hours total. I scuffed everything real good and probably cleaned with acetone 6 times each area where it was going to adhere.

Since I got the sound assassins also, I used the roller on the panels as well as pressing with the included board.
Just because I'm curious: Did you remove the back half of the hard top for the install, or did you install those rear strips/panels with the top in place?

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Just because I'm curious: Did you remove the back half of the hard top for the install, or did you install those rear strips/panels with the top in place?
Just cause I didn’t want the white dust everywhere inside due to the sanding, I took it off for all of it.

Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
I added some inexpensive lights and fairly inexpensive switch panel to my rig. I’m posting this video if anyone is interested. Please feel free to hit like and subscribe