What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Poorboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel F150, 2020 Diesel Wrangler
Still have the stock suspension, went with FOX985-02-127.
A world of difference

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Still have the stock suspension, went with FOX985-02-127.
A world of difference
That's the same one I have. The 2.0 TS model. :like:

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Not me, but hopefully the dealership. I dropped it off this morning to have my loose steering/highway wandering looked it. They’re keeping it overnight. The shop foreman has been driving it and diagnosing it so I take this as a good sign vs the typical “They all do that” or “It’s a Jeep thing.” I told them this is my 4th SFA Jeep and the steering is not safe or anything like my others so maybe that helped. Or maybe because Jeep called me after my IQS survey and SRT up the appt for me and opened up a case number. Maybe the latter lol.

it’s better after my fix steering stabilizer, but it still definitely has a dead spot in the middle and isn’t acceptable to me.

Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Installed Hothead Headliners today. There's definitely a noticeable difference in both sound and climate control. These were also far easier to install than I expected.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] BDEEBF9A-4647-419B-8E71-546EADE284E9
I get that there would be a noticeable change in acoustics. I don’t see how it gives a noticeable change in climate control. There’s still a lot of surface area it doesn’t cover. I don’t own them, so you’d know better than I do though.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
There's nothing wrong with the model you have, anything over factory should be a huge upgrade. Your model is called the "IFP", which is a sealed monotube design (like the factory unit is). The TS model is a through-body design. And the ATS model is an adjustable version of the TS model, hence the "A" in the name.

Here's a picture of the TS model that I have on my JTR... Notice how the rod goes all the way through the body, and sticks out the other side...

IMG_1715.jpeg
I gotcha now. I knew the difference between the ATS and TS but didn't know the IFP. I'm not the most versed on these things, I'm learning as I go and trying lol.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I gotcha now. I knew the difference between the ATS and TS but didn't know the IFP. I'm not the most versed on these things, I'm learning as I go and trying lol.
Hey, we all had to start somewhere. It's those willing to put forth the effort to learn, that I don't mind helping. :like:

I'm new to Jeeps, but not to 4x4's and off-roading and building trucks. Most of the parts are all the same, just some small differences. That's why I've been able to pickup on the Jeep stuff so quickly.

SoCalGlad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Race Driving Instructor +
Installed a Softopper on the Gladiator today. Had one on my 04 Titan that I installed in 06 and still looked/worked great in 2020 so bought another one. Highly recommend if your looking for a bed shell that’s easily removed or able to lower in minutes.

IMG_0918.jpeg

IMG_0919.jpeg

IMG_0920.jpeg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy that also has a JTR has one of those SoftTopper things. He really likes it, especially for when his whole family goes on vacation, they can pack all their shit in the bed, and zip it up, and it's safe from the elements, and the whole cab space is useable for his wife and 2 daughters. He says he likes the JTR/SoftTopper setup better than his 2017 4Runner (traded for the JTR).

Last edited:

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Got my delayed work bonus payout yesterday (3 months delayed) and my Bestop rebate showed up yesterday too. Finishing up my minor upgrades. Ordered a pair of S-V.4 LED bulbs to replace the stock halogens, an extra Launch Edition rim plus TPMS sensor to change out the stock steel spare so I can rotate the spare into normal tire rotations, and replacing the stock taillights with factory LED units. Now just have to wait a week or so for everything to ship. Thinking my wife wants to get running boards on her JL soon, so that'll be another purchase soon.
I now have some tubular side steps on order for her JLU. Have to take care of the wife too. We're a Jeep family. =)

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I get that there would be a noticeable change in acoustics. I don’t see how it gives a noticeable change in climate control. There’s still a lot of surface area it doesn’t cover. I don’t own them, so you’d know better than I do though.
There has been many people that have documented a viable climate difference, I loved mine in my JKU I previously had... here is just one of many videos.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I built a suspended storage rack for my hard top and freedom panels. Made the frame out of 2x4’s and 3-inch #9 construction screws. It is 68-inches wide x 45-inches wide.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4E3D0C90-0727-42C4-ADD0-D2D0D52C6988

I used 1/2 x 6-inch eyebolts:

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] BB39A3D7-8DD4-4A43-835E-D36D06299424

Added a support in the front for the top to rear on - there is garage door rubber seal where the top rests.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9379FD60-602D-49C5-9A3E-0CB9E9A95751

Added casters so I can move it around when on the ground and a few stops on the side and rear to keep the top from sliding off the platform. I had the netting from a past Grand Cherokee so I rigged that up to provide light downward force on the top in the front and act as a drop of the freedom tops shifted forward

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 21AA4E4C-FAB0-4C07-AC48-456D9A1C11E0

Suspended the platform from the ceiling with ratchet straps rated for 500 lbs each. The ceiling mounts are rated for 400 lbs each.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1635D7FC-617C-4648-B852-9C769FD5AB94

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] CCDF1595-F03F-42D2-A7C8-D6AE01CF6FD1

Used foam under the rear to support the top off the platform:

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C9CCF064-1ECF-42F1-8743-2B496B286C71

I only need it high enough that I can pull my Z4 under it. Going to let it hang overnight and put the Z under it tomorrow....

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 00A73938-B423-4A0A-8219-975AC42D1BC6

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] F773DF18-D6AA-49E5-8850-F53FC270E692

Update: The Z4 fits perfectly underneath the platform. Trust the engineering and fabrication :fingerscrossed:

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 107CE098-22C5-418D-B1AA-EDBCCFC6F8D8

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0E516AEA-8560-471E-B9AF-001CE7BA6611

Last edited:

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
There has been many people that have documented a viable climate difference, I loved mine in my JKU I previously had... here is just one of many videos.

Definite difference...as a desert dweller this was my number one reason for this purchase. The AC works far less than before.
Sponsored