Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I

Id see about a warranty fix first...as long as they dont try to just repaint those specific spots you may be able to get a better clear coat applied after the warranty paint work is done
This is not caused by a flaw in the paint. It is a result of tiny pieces of metal like break dust getting stuck to your vehicle. They then rust and cause what is known as rail dust. It shows up on white vehicles more than others. I have to clay bar mine once a year in the spring.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yeah, on my white Canyon I used to get them too. Clay bar is probably the best approach, but I'd just hit them with meguires cleaner/wax and a wax applicator and they came right off with a little elbow grease. I used that approach because I'd just go ahead and do the rest of the truck so it was protected.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I've been putting off installing my Hotheads for months because I first wanted to paint the white to compliment them. Here's the first panel done next to an unfinished panel. The paint I chose is Rustoleum Camoflage Khaki, a very matte finish. Durability TBD, but if it is an issue, I'll put a coat of matte clear over it -- probably Spraymax 2K matte.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2546.JPG

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I've been putting off installing my Hotheads for months because I first wanted to paint the white to compliment them. Here's the first panel done next to an unfinished panel. The paint I chose is Rustoleum Camoflage Khaki, a very matte finish. Durability TBD, but if it is an issue, I'll put a coat of matte clear over it -- probably Spraymax 2K matte.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2546.JPG
Nice man, show us the end result too of the whole cab if you can.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The white inside the top bugs me. I hate it. It looks cheap, and unfinished. I plan on painting mine matte black inside. My buddy with the Gator JTR painted his with a Mopar Gator touch-up paint, back in March, and it looks great! :like:

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Nice man, show us the end result too of the whole cab if you can.
Thanks and will do. Probably won't get the back done for a week or so.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Softopper on the Gladiator today. Had one on my 04 Titan that I installed in 06 and still looked/worked great in 2020 so bought another one. Highly recommend if your looking for a bed shell that’s easily removed or able to lower in minutes.

these look awesome with the soft top, not my favorite with the hard top. Still strike me as a great addition

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
This is not caused by a flaw in the paint. It is a result of tiny pieces of metal like break dust getting stuck to your vehicle. They then rust and cause what is known as rail dust. It shows up on white vehicles more than others. I have to clay bar mine once a year in the spring.
you don’t think that falls into a warranty claim? If its possible to have been caused by the transport of the vehicle Id think it does.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
you don’t think that falls into a warranty claim? If its possible to have been caused by the transport of the vehicle Id think it does.
It is not a warranty claim. Well, technically, it should have been spotted before the delivery of the vehicle to the customer and taken care of in detail. Its not always rail dust though, you can get it after the fact like I did. I got it worse in winter months. If you get it after the fact, its external contamination in the paint and the dealership and the manufacturer are not responsible.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
It will depend on your dealer and how much they care about keeping their customers happy. Crappy dealers will probably say "prove this happened in transport".

I personally think if its only been a few weeks my dealer would take care of it for me either way.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks NC_Overland and Mopar King.

always good to see a flip side of how I see things.:fist bump:

EnzoA

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Land Rover Discovery
Vehicle Showcase

RojStock

First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator)
The white inside the top bugs me. I hate it. It looks cheap, and unfinished. I plan on painting mine matte black inside. My buddy with the Gator JTR painted his with a Mopar Gator touch-up paint, back in March, and it looks great! :like:
I too hate the white top inside. Any chance you have a pic of the Gator painted ones? I was looking at a Matte Black or Gator and would love to see the Gator.

The Khaki looks awesome as well @jimbom . Can't wait to see the whole thing done.
Sponsored