What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
The white inside the top bugs me. I hate it. It looks cheap, and unfinished. I plan on painting mine matte black inside. My buddy with the Gator JTR painted his with a Mopar Gator touch-up paint, back in March, and it looks great! :like:
Could Line-x work on those or would the texture and thickness affect the ability to fit/latch properly to keep water out?
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Could Line-x work on those or would the texture and thickness affect the ability to fit/latch properly to keep water out?
If you mask off all surfaces that contact the seal/weatherstripping on mating parts, it would be OK. Even just painting it, I masked off those areas because I knew the paint would end up peeling off and transferring to the weatherstripping. It can be done so virtually no white can be seen when installed.

Silverbullet

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon , 2016 JK, 2005 KJ Renegade
Not sure but at least 270, that's what I weigh and I've walked on it, most of the load rests on the bedsides and unistrut is very strong. I'm an electrician by trade and have mounted heavy transformers and the like on strut with no issues

Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
This is not caused by a flaw in the paint. It is a result of tiny pieces of metal like break dust getting stuck to your vehicle. They then rust and cause what is known as rail dust. It shows up on white vehicles more than others. I have to clay bar mine once a year in the spring.
@Troybilt I believe you are correct. Got my JT in August, now 14,000 miles in and through 1 Michigan winter. No "rail dust" before winter. Now I got a good spring cleaning in, and BAM rust speckles. :angry:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
@Troybilt I believe you are correct. Got my JT in August, now 14,000 miles in and through 1 Michigan winter. No "rail dust" before winter. Now I got a good spring cleaning in, and BAM rust speckles. :angry:

I hit my white jeeps up every spring with a clay bar. I put close to 8 hr time in it on my 2 door so I bet much longer on my JT. I have only hit a fender so far this spring.

For me I kind of enjoy knowing that I am taking the extra step in maintaining my truck the way I want to. When you spend that much time rubbing down every inch of it you will spot every imperfection.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
I hit my white jeeps up every spring with a clay bar. I put close to 8 hr time in it on my 2 door so I bet much longer on my JT. I have only hit a fender so far this spring.

For me I kind of enjoy knowing that I am taking the extra step in maintaining my truck the way I want to. When you spend that much time rubbing down every inch of it you will spot every imperfection.
Thanks, Meguiar's bar and spray ordered. Yes, I do the deep clean in spring, that's how I found the speckles. My 1st white Jeep. Do you know if I should avoid the decals with the clay bar?:idea:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Thanks, Meguiar's bar and spray ordered. Yes, I do the deep clean in spring, that's how I found the speckles. My 1st white Jeep. Do you know if I should avoid the decals with the clay bar?:idea:
I just kneed the clay down to a small point and take small light swirls close to and around them. So far that works for me. I would suggest doing a ceramic seal after you do the clay bar. I use Mothers CMX, but there are others on the market.

I did two coats of it in the late Ohio fall. But so far I have not had time to clay bar enough of the JT to tell if it helped keep the dust from going in deep. I'm about two week from having enough time to do a complete clay bar job.

Sponsored

ChicagoJeeper

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've got a shorter garage, and wanted a top lift so I can pull it off by myself, but also didn't want to hit my head on it constantly in the middle of the garage (I'm 6'4"). So got a hoist-a-top and build a custom rig for it, and mounted to some sliding door rails to get it out of the way.

Rig before mounting:

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200525_161145

With the top just pulled, as close as I can pull the truck to the wall:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200525_183451

Pushed back to the storage spot (ignore the mess that is my garage right now):
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200525_184708

Finally topless!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200525_184727

SC_Paco

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just have not found a side rail and step combo to fill my needs (Doesn't hang lower than the stock Rubicon Rails, can be used as a step and looks symmetrical to the vehicle) Installed these Retractable Steps from MORE Off Road in Colorado.
They come powder coated black, lower the step 11" and are spring loaded to retract
Also removable when off roading big obstacles

IMG_7831.jpg

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
There called Jeep D*~k Sucker. We should wear this like a badge of honor like us Deplorables did with Killary.

Have a good day you Jeep D*~k Suckers.
Omg too funny. You know that yellow sweater wearing, Toyota driving bitch wouldn’t say a word to anyone’s face. He’s the new generation of bully, Internet warrior wanna be world changer who couldn’t survive a day without his Prius, iPhone and CrossFit beard girlfriend who lifts more than he does and puts together all their ikea furniture while he makes YouTube videos!!