Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Air Lift 1000 setup, very well made kit.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] FCF7E4F2-A78F-47BD-AAFA-D0B52C1B7F25
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 7433609D-6465-481F-B68E-05C92ADEC413

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Your power steering system now has to fight against 3 dampeners. I would strongly advise against doing this. The stock stabilizer is sufficient for a properly aligned and tightened setup, larger tires included. That “firmer” feel is also felt by the stock steering system, which just isn’t designed to anticipate that resistance. That steering brace from synergy is probably something you should have if you plan to keep it this way.
There’s a reason no one else runs that setup. Good luck friend!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 2E273EFF-0307-4BCC-9444-3F74A6484DCF

Update! Pulled the skyjacker dual stabilizer kit and swaped the stock dampener for a Fox Racing Shox 2.0 Performance Series IFP. Larger diameter than stock. Felt like stock after a quick ride but will report back after the next windy day on the highway.

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
At two weeks old... I added new Mayhem Scout wheels with Falken Wildpeak AT3w's, Go Rhino side steps and Oracle Bi-LED Headlights. Sure do love this Gladiator!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1025

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Installed my Air Lift 1000 setup, very well made kit.

FCF7E4F2-A78F-47BD-AAFA-D0B52C1B7F25.jpeg
7433609D-6465-481F-B68E-05C92ADEC413.jpeg

Does that provide any actual lift at low load? IE, could it be used to give you some lift when needed on a rock obstacle, then deflated? Or does it just prevent squat with a load? Any feedback on installation effort?

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Love the look! Have you noticed any hood flutter after removing the "functional" vents?
None. Honestly though, I didn't notice any hood flutter before either.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Does that provide any actual lift at low load? IE, could it be used to give you some lift when needed on a rock obstacle, then deflated? Or does it just prevent squat with a load? Any feedback on installation effort?
I haven't tried really pumping them up with no load, we undertook 2 Jeep projects in 1 day, so by the time I was done, I was ready to go do nothing, lol. I am planning on using ti for squat with bigger loads, but I can try out the other scenario and see when I get a chance.

Install wasn't too bad other than wrestling with the spring isolators to get everything lined back up. The instructions tell you to only remove the shocks, but I knew better and popped the sway bar off too. I ran the airline from the passenger bag across and zip tied t the cross member, and hid the tee and connections inside the fender liner where it bolts to the bed. I left some slack in all the lines, so I could easily pull it down and replace a broken T or leaky fitting if need be. The fuel door location for the Schrader valve was an idea I stole for somewhere else. It's a softish rubber, so I added the bigger fender washers to give it some strength/backing.

Last edited:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Got my LED bulbs for the fog lights from Amazon and installed them. They look good, will tell tonight how bright they are. Also got my Badlands winch. Didn't have time to install it but did bedline the fairlead. I'm happy

Now the wife is wanting me to put metal fenders on it. Gotta love a woman with good taste. Said I wasn't going to build this one but looks like that's out the window. So much for keeping it stock:swear:

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200602_191555
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200602_191507
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200602_191829
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200602_192331
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200602_201213

Sponsored

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed XRC bumper and DV8 12K lb winch this Sunday. Felt sooo good to finally remove that stock plastic bumper!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200602_205647

Btw anyone need a replacement stock front bumper in the Miami area lmk... I know, unlikely but u never know.

Fortes89

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Customer Service / Sales / Fire Protection
At two weeks old... I added new Mayhem Scout wheels with Falken Wildpeak AT3w's, Go Rhino side steps and Oracle Bi-LED Headlights. Sure do love this Gladiator!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200602_205647
You removed the Piece that goes from bumper to fender? did you leave the wires / connection to fog lights uncovered with no protection in the back?

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
You removed the Piece that goes from bumper to fender? did you leave the wires / connection to fog lights uncovered with no protection in the back?
I have gone 8 months without the back covers over the stock fog lights without issue. I am however replacing with LED units with a built in fan and external PWM module, so have trimmed down the air dam to cover them again to keep debris out. A rotary tool makes quick work trimming them down, and a sharp utility knife to do the fine trimming..

IMG_20200602_204829.jpg

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
No, the cover is still there. I trimmed it down and sanded down the edges to remove the air dam section. Much like what @Mightytalldude has done.
Sponsored