Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You would never know that anything had happened...It was like I never existed for a month. These admin guys hold our "forum life" in their hands.
I've been banned from a bunch of forums, some I was a member of for over a decade...And they went all funhouse PC and started banning those who spoke-out against their dictatorship ways, and next thing you know, you go to log-on and, and you're getting a pop-up saying you've been banned for _______ reason.

You get numb to it after a while...
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I posted an alternative option to a sponsored product and my posts were removed without any notice. It aggravated me so I posted them again and was told that I was being banned for "just wanting to cause trouble" and for posting off-topic on a thread. I also can no longer post on that thread. :lipssealed:
If a forum sponsor, one of those folks who directly pay for this forum, announced a new product and you posted an alternative, that would be rude. You should have, however, been notified of your post's deletion and the reason, so there would be no recurrence. If, however, there was an ongoing thread by a regular member who said he bought this and that and you posted an alternative, that should be just fine. At least, I hope so.

So, which was it:? You being out of line, or the forum admins restricting discussion of products that compete with sponsors?

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
If a forum sponsor, one of those folks who directly pay for this forum, announced a new product and you posted an alternative, that would be rude. You should have, however, been notified of your post's deletion and the reason, so there would be no recurrence. If, however, there was an ongoing thread by a regular member who said he bought this and that and you posted an alternative, that should be just fine. At least, I hope so.

So, which was it:? You being out of line, or the forum admins restricting discussion of products that compete with sponsors?
While I respect where you are coming from I cannot disagree with your statement more:

"If a forum sponsor, one of those folks who directly pay for this forum, announced a new product and you posted an alternative, that would be rude."

For example if Bestop was a paying partner of the forum should people not be aloud to post pictures of a Rugged Ridge top therefor self promoting a competitor product to some level? The forum exists not to be run or used for exposure just for the paying partners but for anyone to be able to show what they have done, installed or otherwise. I see people asking for ideas or links etc. from people who posted something they installed. Are we not to give that information if we haven't checked to see if a paying forum partner is a competitor of that product? That's B.S.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Got a part #? That is a HUGE difference! Mine had that horrible glare, as well, but the Tazer update turns off the tag lights now, when in reverse to keep from that horrible glare. And while it helps, I still can't really see a damn thing farther away than 10 foot behind me...
https://headlightrevolution.com/2019-jeep-gladiator-jt-led-reverse-bulbs-1000-lumen/

they were plug and play. VERY easy to install and required no modifications from a programmer for the LED. They sit in the housing a little" loose" feeling to the hand. But they dont flicker or anything and the light angle doesnt change as if they are moving while i am backing up. Ive replaced almost all the OEM lights with LEDs from that company. Not a single complaint and they are all worth every penny, especially the headlight and fogs.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
This custom headliner protects the heat in our country, reduces the heat/sound around 30% to 50%. In summer, the weather increases around 100'F to 114'F. So, the OEM headliners isn't enough.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200616_231639

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200616_231639
is that a JK top? Doesnt look like a JT top to me.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Just like the poor guy who wanted to make gladiator T-shirts... he got the boot for selling on the forum
I wondered what happened to that guy...

Sponsored

Chinman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
First time taking the top and doors off. Also bought a cheap sunshade for $37 that is adequate, esp for the price.
RT-TCZ Sunshade Mesh Top Cover Roof UV Sun Protection for Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Rubicon Sahara Sport 4 Door 2018 2019 202

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q6C6YDT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Gqv6EbAKEP2MK

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_5185
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_5185
just a note...i went back and readjusted the sun shade so it didn't bother rear seat passengers. I folded the last section back over itself and ran the bungee cords through both grommets....looks much better.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

It was in regards to the Oracle side track lights. Somebody posted that they didnt really like how big they were and would like to have something with just a turn signal that looked more OEM. I responded to that post and let the person know that there was just such a product and that it was much cheaper. I posted a screen shot of the item that I had just purchased that fit his need. The post was removed with no notification to me. I checked the thread a couple of months later and noticed that my post was gone. I reposted it and it was removed immediately. I dm'd admin to question this and received a response that my post was off topic. It was at this point that I became aggravated because there are multiple thread hijackings across this forum that still remain in tact and it appeared the sponsored thread was being given special treatment.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It was in regards to the Oracle side track lights. Somebody posted that they didnt really like how big they were and would like to have something with just a turn signal that looked more OEM. I responded to that post and let the person know that there was just such a product and that it was much cheaper. I posted a screen shot of the item that I had just purchased that fit his need. The post was removed with no notification to me. I checked the thread a couple of months later and noticed that my post was gone. I reposted it and it was removed immediately. I dm'd admin to question this and received a response that my post was off topic. It was at this point that I became aggravated because there are multiple thread hijackings across this forum that still remain in tact and it appeared the sponsored thread was being given special treatment.
Speaking of - here is the installed vent turn signals. They were easy to install and work really well

20200617_132322.jpg

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine had that horrible glare, as well, but the Tazer update turns off the tag lights now, when in reverse to keep from that horrible glare.
Wait....that's possible? Now I'm going to have to look in to the Tazer options...(Jeep if you are listening, that would possibly be a VERY WELCOME addition to the next Connect Update). I HATE that backup glare....