First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Installed my hot heads head liner with the sound strips. I should have, but didnt, spring for the extra side pieces.

very easy to install if you read the directions. I didnt need to take the top off but it was a good excuse to.

haven’t drove with them yet. But I had them in my JKU and they were amazing.

E657ED2F-D42E-42ED-8956-327428E1D7B6.jpeg

3644D5C8-D56D-4798-A830-D9EBCA9567A7.jpeg
I didn't either. I have had my eye on those side molle panels for awhile from JCR and thought they might interfere. Plus for the additional price I thought they wouldn't bring enough value. could be wrong.
Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
As for whether that feature is a "Live" function or not, I have no idea. You would have to call or email ZAutomotive tomorrow and find out.
Just for the others that “liked” discovering the Tazer could do this....Jim pointed the manual out. According to it, the tag blackout in reverse is a “live feature” meaning the tazer must stay plugged in. Just FYI for those who read about battery draining issues (though it seems that has mostly been worked out and not an issue if you follow their reboot directions).
That and ESS disabled is easily worth the money not even counting the other perks. Thanks AL Mud Machine!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just for the others that “liked” discovering the Tazer could do this....Jim pointed the manual out. According to it, the tag blackout in reverse is a “live feature” meaning the tazer must stay plugged in. Just FYI for those who read about battery draining issues (though it seems that has mostly been worked out and not an issue if you follow their reboot directions).
That and ESS disabled is easily worth the money not even counting the other perks. Thanks AL Mud Machine!
No problem. I also recommend pairing it with an iDrive throttle controller unit, if you can swing the dough. I run mine on U-7 mode, and it’s perfect. It has even MORE get-up & go with the much heavier 37’s & 20” wheels (Tazer recalibration for tire size), and the iDrive unit, than it did 100% stock on factory 285/70r17 Falken M/Ts. It’s like adding a programmer without tuning anything.

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hit 8,000 miles today and we're just over 30-days old. It's been an amazing truck so far.
Hope to slow the roll soon. :rock:
I've had mine since January and have only managed 2500 miles. Covid has cut way down on the wear and tear of my vehicles.

Deleted member 30519

I got this on eBay but it's not that easy to put on. It emediately stuck to paint just from wind blowing it when I was lining it up and I got some of the vinyl tangled. I did the best I could and stretched the second flag line around the actual gas tank to conceal the mark my finger nail made. What do you guys think ? Do you think it looks symmetrical enough to leave it on?

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200618_172331

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Installed Lux RGB Max Rock lights with their bluetooth controller (well the passenger side - got dark so need to do Driver Side tomorrow)

Took me about 30 minutes to wire up the controller to the aux switch wire under the hood and prep everything. Then another 20 minutes or so to feed the wires up to the controller and wire it in.

As far as feeding the wires across the passenger side and tying up .... about another 30 minutes.

So by time finished I will probably have just over 2 hours in the full job. So simple thinking about doing on my boat next (will have to buy the metal plates for the boat install to mount magnets to).

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] lux

Last edited:

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I got this on eBay but it's not that easy to put on. It emediately stuck to paint just from wind blowing it when I was lining it up and I got some of the vinyl tangled. I did the best I could and stretched the second flag line around the actual gas tank to conceal the mark my finger nail made. What do you guys think ? Do you think it looks symmetrical enough to leave it on?

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] lux
Before you installed did you spray the paint down with a soap/water solution? That is what gives you the ability to slide it around. Once you have it in place you squegee that and it adheres and moisture naturally dries out.

I think it looks good! I have the under the sun black and white flags on my front fenders.

Sponsored

First Name
Spin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1947 CJ-2A, 2020 JTR MT, 1934 Huppmobile 421J,
Occupation
Welder
Got 35's put on today! Lots of chatter they don't rub without a lift... They DO rub, only in the front.... but only if you are at max turning, max flex, with sway bar disconnected. If its connected they will never rub, if you don't have to make a hard turn while fully articulatd you'll be fine... which seems unlikely given the amount of trails I've had her and and her sisters on.. The last image she still has the stock 33's.

20200618_193839.jpg

20200618_123615.jpg

20200618_210848.jpg

20200618_210722.jpg

20200618_210607.jpg

20200618_193830.jpg

20200614_153350.jpg

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Got 35's put on today! Lots of chatter they don't rub without a lift... They DO rub, only in the front.... but only if you are at max turning, max flex, with sway bar disconnected. If its connected they will never rub, if you don't have to make a hard turn while fully articulatd you'll be fine... which seems unlikely given the amount of trails I've had her and and her sisters on.. The last image she still has the stock 33's.
Some "35s" are bigger than other "35s". I've seen as much as an inch and half or so of difference by tire brand and type. Could you tell us what tires you have, and could you measure vertically from the ground contact to the point where the shoulder makes it's sharp bend into the tread on top? That number, BTW, is a good starting place for a programmer setting to calibrate your odometer/speedometer. It's usually right on, and don't be surprised if it's quite a bit less than 35.

fuelcell1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Granite
I got rid of the amber corner markers, added some KC Gravity driving lights, covered the yellow logo with gray, and replaced the fog lights with a set of matching KC’s.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 5C8AA06D-26B2-43E4-8F8E-CAEB1DA1282D

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 5C8AA06D-26B2-43E4-8F8E-CAEB1DA1282D

What did you do to remove the amber corner markers
What did you do to remove the amber corner markers?

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Some "35s" are bigger than other "35s". I've seen as much as an inch and half or so of difference by tire brand and type. Could you tell us what tires you have, and could you measure vertically from the ground contact to the point where the shoulder makes it's sharp bend into the tread on top? That number, BTW, is a good starting place for a programmer setting to calibrate your odometer/speedometer. It's usually right on, and don't be surprised if it's quite a bit less than 35.
Looks like he is running Falken Wildpeak MTs. Which is what I run in 35x12.5x17. Those tires are withouth any load 34.8" in diameter. They are closer to 33.5" when mounted, at least for me. I don't have any rub, at all. But, my sway bar links are always connected. No rub on turning or on trails. The only time it hit the fender liner was during climbing over some larger rocks. However, that was with the Sport Max Tow fender flares. I recently installed the Rubicon fender flares, which added 1.5-2" of clearance between the top of the tire and the fender flare liner, so that should eliminate all contact of the tire with any part of the vehicle. See my above post with pics
Sponsored