What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I'm not sure if this is a "To" my Gladiator or a "With" my Gladiator, so I'll probably drop this post in both. :)

I was looking for an axe to carry on the truck and realized I had an old axe that was given to me. A few years ago one of my uncles bought a house from a guy who collected axes and he gave me a couple. This is the bigger of the 2.

The only marking on it is the Plumb 3. I'm pretty sure the 3 means 3 lb. I'm not sure how old it is, but it's at least newer than the mid 50s when Plumb patented and started using something called permabond to help attach the head. But it's old enough that it's way nicer quality than a lot of axes I was shopping for.

The handle needed some light sanding and I had to clean up some rust on the head, then I blued the head and put an edge on it and rubbed the whole thing down with linseed oil. The pictures really don't do it justice. The red in the handle is really beautiful. I don't do a ton of chopping wood, but now I can with style, if I need to.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] i-xCdk9DW-L

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] i-g8v5mrD-L

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] i-Mk27nhq-L

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] i-hGFFrvw-L

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] i-XzncPLp-L

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] i-695Fxzx-L

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I'm not sure if this is a "To" my Gladiator or a "With" my Gladiator, so I'll probably drop this post in both. :)

I was looking for an axe to carry on the truck and realized I had an old axe that was given to me. A few years ago one of my uncles bought a house from a guy who collected axes and he gave me a couple. This is the bigger of the 2.

The only marking on it is the Plumb 3. I'm pretty sure the 3 means 3 lb. I'm not sure how old it is, but it's at least newer than the mid 50s when Plumb patented and started using something called permabond to help attach the head. But it's old enough that it's way nicer quality than a lot of axes I was shopping for.

The handle needed some light sanding and I had to clean up some rust on the head, then I blued the head and put an edge on it and rubbed the whole thing down with linseed oil. The pictures really don't do it justice. The red in the handle is really beautiful. I don't do a ton of chopping wood, but now I can with style, if I need to.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] i-695Fxzx-L

I'm not really a "fan" of axes or anything but boy... that thing looks nice. Not sure I'd leave it on the truck under normal circumstances lol (yes I see the toneau). Nice setup though.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Care to name the brand of wheel spacers? Because I know many folks who have run Spidertrax and Teraflex and never had a problem, even with serious off-roading. I honestly would not recommend them if I thought there was any truth to the anecdotal tales that all wheel spacers are bad.
Spidertrax (1.5in i believe) and some random brand off amazon in 2in. Both broke studs whether I installed them or had a shop put them on. It was frustrating to spend the money on the spidertrax and still have issues. It very well could have been a symptom of something else since i also had some wobble issues on the JKU, but yea. Made me not want to mess with them ever again. I learned how to replaced wheel studs real fast and replaced no less than 10 over the years.

Emil3000

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator sport s
Is this the same “fix” as the video that’s been posted on another thread about “taking care of steering slop”?
Yup.
Is this the same “fix” as the video that’s been posted on another thread about “taking care of steering slop”?
No idea but it's pretty simple. Just take your intake out and adjust the screw. Makes a huge difference. I installed a synergy track bar brace since and my steering is almost "normal".

Sponsored

Emil3000

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator sport s
I was thinking king about adjusting the steering box. How many turns did you give it?
A little less than a quarter is perfect. I highly recommend it. By far the best improvement.

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Healthcare
Thanks. Just realized you’re also in Nashville. Would enjoy seeing your truck sometime.
30w. Asked then yesterday about it. Said it should be on their website within a month.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
First time in nothing but a Tonneau Cover! And first time using the door cart that I made.

C09957F9-047F-41E0-BCBF-9BFB96269751.jpeg

19F10979-EBFD-40B4-B6AA-DEBB49BD5735.jpeg

23CC53DC-D586-4C49-925E-3003FAF92E79.jpeg

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Added custom pin stripes courtesy of the new East Texas deer lease....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Added custom pin stripes courtesy of the new East Texas deer lease....
The first time you ever do that on a brand new vehicle/paint job, you never forget that stomach-churning cringing feeling that just makes you grind your teeth and twist your head grimacing out of a mixture of anger and self-realization of stupidity.

Been there a few times... It sucks! So far, the JTR is still too new for me to try anything that even looks too narrow, or has overhanging branches I don't feel like eliminating at the moment.
Sponsored