What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

nates91xj

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
315 is the width of the tire. The 40/50/60/70 number after the 315 is the percentage of the width of the tire expressed as sidewall. A 315x75r17 is 315mm wide and the sidewall is 75% of 315 (236mm = ~9"). The overall heighth of the tire is the sidewall calculated x2 + wheel diameter (9×2 +17 = 35). 315mm is ~= 12.5" width.
Not sure why you quoted me on this, I am aware of how metric tire sizing, and tire sizes in general, work... Good info for people who need it though I guess :idea:
Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Put on new Warn tube doors - front doors only with added mirrors..

Why only the front ... because Warn didn't put the door handles in the rear tube package. Hopefully they get me those soon. I have heard a good bit about quality control with these Warn tube doors .... but I just liked their look the best so risked it.

Note: I reached out to Warn this afternoon and they confirmed they shipped out a set of handles to me within an hour of me letting them know. So far terrific customer service to make up for what is likely poor overseas quality control.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] BF6F9E45-5CB2-4727-A7B7-EABAD0D75845
So close to buying a set until I found out they are fabricated in Russia.... need a US built set.

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Two fixes tonight. First, adjusted the pre load on my steering box, resulting in immediate improvement of the steering wandering I've had. Did this also with my Super Duty years ago, as it too had a excessive play in the steering when new. Second was adjusting the aim of my headlights. With the recent LED headlight bulb upgrade, and my front end Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit, the oncoming traffic kept flashing high beams at me, so aimed them down slightly and problem solved. Extra Launch Edition rim is being delivered tomorrow, so swapping the steel spare rim out and the new rim in, so I'll have 5 wheel/tires in rotation instead of 4.

I think next thing on my list of upgrades will be the 3-piece Mopar front bumper. I like keeping the factory look with my upgrades, and I plan to add a winch next year. Unfortunately no take-offs in the Denver area for a bumper, so I'll have to order it. Aftermarket are much cheaper, built better, but doesn't fit my build style. Cheers.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why you quoted me on this, I am aware of how metric tire sizing, and tire sizes in general, work... Good info for people who need it though I guess :idea:
No offense intended. There are a lot of people that dont understand the conversion and comparing "315's" to "37's" can be confusing for those people. For example a 315-60r17 is only ~31.5" tall.

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
So, I have slowly done a ton of work over the last 2 months. The Jeep came with the front grill which I know is a source of contention, but my wife likes it and it has grown on me. Anyway, I have added: flowmaster exhaust, sunrider top (still having some issues), dead pedal, 4:88 gears, etc. MY latest is adding the newest version of the Adventure lab high line fender drl's. I watched every video available prior to starting installation, but still had to make some tweaks, and even messed up a little. I have finished one side, will do the other tonight much better and quicker now that I know what to do. I may do a write up if anyone is interested on install.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9uJvPqeeRr+qYEKnx%ndI

Sponsored

EnzoA

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Land Rover Discovery
Vehicle Showcase
Got my 2” rustyz off-road spacer lift on and pro comps wheel and new 35 at3ws on today love the look and rides the same. I’m happy with the way it turned out.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9uJvPqeeRr+qYEKnx%ndI

Is the front bumper the Rubi steel bumper without the flares installed? If yes, I need to find one asap, I really like the look of it!

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Mine is in overhaul mode...at least for mods. Sold my Tonneau cover thinking I was going to put on the Upper Decker...due to how poorly ACE handled the whole Upper Decker Fiasco, I sold my Upper Decker and bought a Builtright Trail Rail system and picked up the Rugged Ridge Armis hard rolling tonneau. Added my Tazer Mini. Installed the Quake LED light controller. Recently installed window vents...which actually made a difference for day to day driving and eliminating the weird buffetting you get when rolling down the front windows. Also switched up the Wheels and tires to Rubicon tires. Pics will come eventually...starting a new business, getting back to working in the office for my real job, and living that dad life has been killing my time.

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Mine is in overhaul mode...at least for mods. Sold my Tonneau cover thinking I was going to put on the Upper Decker...due to how poorly ACE handled the whole Upper Decker Fiasco, I sold my Upper Decker and bought a Builtright Trail Rail system and picked up the Rugged Ridge Armis hard rolling tonneau. Added my Tazer Mini. Installed the Quake LED light controller. Recently installed window vents...which actually made a difference for day to day driving and eliminating the weird buffetting you get when rolling down the front windows. Also switched up the Wheels and tires to Rubicon tires. Pics will come eventually...starting a new business, getting back to working in the office for my real job, and living that dad life has been killing my time.
would be interested in how you installed window vents, what type and where?

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
would be interested in how you installed window vents, what type and where?
I did these from Visual AutoWerks. They felt a little ricer-ish...but honestly I have gotten quite a few compliments on them. They have a mesh insert that keeps rocks and bugs out. I do take them out if I am going to be on the highway for a bit, or if I know there is rain on the way. But all in all I have been really happy with them.

https://www.visualautowerks.com/products/gladiator-wrangler-window-vents-jl

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Is the front bumper the Rubi steel bumper without the flares installed? If yes, I need to find one asap, I really like the look of it!
It is, yes. Thats how I run mine as well.
Sponsored